Skip to content

[v1.64] Emily, a Half-Elf* Archer for BG:EE + SoD and EET

Comments

• zelurkerzelurker Member Posts: 168
    Too bad your removed arrows crafting and the bow improvement, maybe they were a little overpowered for bg1, but they were very convenient ! Maybe you should have left players to choose, after all these are just options, you are not obliged to use them...
    Anyway now when you get the dialog about which preference between bow and crossbow and about munitions, if you finish by "let me know what you come up with", you get a crash. It's with the latest version on a new game.
  • SkitiaSkitia Member Posts: 1,052
    edited April 2020
    @zelurker Oops, I'm surprised the compiler ever parsed it successfully. I'll fix it in an update, that line isn't supposed to be there anymore anyway and replaced with something new.

Taking away the arrows was a tough decision, it and the bow improvement were very cool (Although definitely overpowered.). The first re-design take was to make the arrows Emily usable only, similar to Aura, then to reduce the number she could craft a day, while dropping bow improvement. This was actually not bad of an idea, to be honest. The problem is Archers are quite strong, the Arcane Archer Kit version even slightly stronger at the beginning. She has 10% resistance to electricity/cold/acid, and a new necklace that removes paralysis. From a balance perspective, having her make arrows makes her unbalanced compared to other NPCs, which a lot of mod NPCs have a problem with. But you make a good point that people don't have to use it either, but the design assumption has to be that they are going to.

I definitely won't bring back the bow improvement, although I did not remove the code so if the bows were already improved or in the process of being improved they should still be.

I'll consider returning arrow crafting, but I'll probably move it so it's a post-quest addition. That would push it's place back a bit and make it a little more justified as it would be a reward (Although I will set the number from 5->12, 5 at a time always felt too low for me). Plus I can give Emily another talk dialogue for it.

Also since it fits her character to be a fletcher, in SoD if not in the party I might make her be able to sell arrow and bolt supplies when not in the party and at a camp location.

Let me know what you think.
    Yes good idea for both, although making crafting arrows after her quest means it will be almost at the end of a bg1 game, so it's quite a waste. Having her to sell some arrows seems nice, if it's easy to do only then ! Aura was also quite overpowerful last time I tested her, and too different from usual sword coast characters so I didn't take her this time.
    The idea of fletching was used also in the kivan mod for bg2 in case you didn't know, they chose to do it just before some relevant quest (umar hills), but you can't ask some new arrows at will, which was a little pity in my opinion although that's true that archers were very powerful in bg2, maybe too powerful !

hum, I guess I can avoid the crash by telling I am not interested in what she says then ?
    edited April 2020
    @zelurker Yes for now, until I do the update. I want to push it with other content though so it will probably be a weekend update.

I could put the crafting after the Nashkel mines are done, I guess. It would allow me to have some content in between her early talks and her quest required ones.

The tricky part with arrow crafting earlier on is endless quantities + crafting on the road, making running out is no longer a problem (Which Archers do run into sometimes), crafting on the road, and a cost. I'll probably introduce a limit on how many times the crafting can be done for each type (arrows/bolts) in a single game to help balance that. Maybe ten times for 24 bolts and arrows at once, so a cap of 240 each.
  • contramundicontramundi Member Posts: 4
    Can't get this to install. It fails with the following error every time. I've run the DLC mod merger. Other mods install just fine. It's just this one that fails.

[Emily/scripts/SoD/bd1000.baf] PARSE ERROR at line 72 column 1-36
    Near Text: )
    [ChangeSpecifics] argument [ALLIES] not found in [Specific.IDS]
    Extending game scripts ...

[Emily/scripts/SoD/bd2000.baf] PARSE ERROR at line 6 column 8-65
    unknown object SPECIFIC specifier [CRUSADERS]

[Emily/scripts/SoD/bd2000.baf] ERROR at line 6 column 8-65
    Parsing.Parse_error
    ERROR: parsing [Emily/scripts/SoD/bd2000.baf]: Parsing.Parse_error
    Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Emily NPC for BG1EE], rolling back to previous state
    Will uninstall 203 files for [EMILY/EMILY.TP2] component 0.
    Uninstalled 203 files for [EMILY/EMILY.TP2] component 0.
    ERROR: Parsing.Parse_error
    Please make a backup of the file: SETUP-EMILY.DEBUG and look for support at: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/74630/mod-kale-npc-for-bg-ee-v1-11/p1?new=1
    Using Language [English]
    edited April 2020
    Those are Dragonspear scripts, do you have Dragonspear installed? If you don't, then it's installing those files when it shouldn't (Which is bad and I need to do something), if you do, then something is wrong with one of your game files, specifically SPECIFIC.IDS, or something has altered it so that my mod can't install (Nor any mod that uses ALLIES or CRUSADERS, such as Aura or other Dragonspear NPCs)

I'm actually curious if you have a mod that modified SPECIFIC.IDS, it should look like:

5f3hlmpedlao.png

If you have nearinfinity, you can view Specific.IDS and I bet both ALLIES and CRUSADERS is missing. You might be able to fix it on your own by creating a text file, resaving it as SPECIFIC.IDS, and having it look exactly as the above image. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the issue is that file.

Yeah, my specific.ids is missing a lot apparently. All it has in it this:

1 NORMAL
    101 MAGIC
    102 NO_MAGIC
    250 SPIRIT
    200 WARLOCK_L12

Which is odd. Here are all the mods I have installed:

ArtisanKitPack
    Warlock Kit
    Sirene

And that's it. I just reinstalled BG:EE. No other mods are, or have ever been, installed. I was going to install more, but then this happened.
    Huh. Well, I backed up specific.ids then removed it from my override. Setup-Emily.exe finishes successfully now. Guess I'll have to find her in game and see if everything's working alright.
    edited April 2020
    Yay, glad I could help with this. From the looks of it, the Warlock Kit mod is the impacter. It looks like it is re-writing SPECIFIC.ID without preserving the old fields.
    Post edited by Skitia on
    edited April 2020
    ... wrong topic !
    edited April 2020
    Emily's Next Upcoming Update will have the following, pending any changes or feedback before I finalize and upload it:
    1:One New Talk right after the end of chapter 2
    -This talk will re-introduce Emily's craft arrow/bolt ability.
    --Emily can use it to craft 12 enchanted arrows and bolts per day, but can only do so ten times ever per game, as she will run out of supplies. Once she uses it for the tenth time, she will lose her crafting arrow or bolt spell, whichever ran out, until the next game, where she will regain the ability.
    --Like before the arrows/bolts get stronger with level.
    --Unlike before the use restriction is removed.
    2:Fix for the game crash due to a lack of exit script.
    3: Fletching Store in SOD: Emily will sell ammunition when not in the party and at camp, though only bolts/arrows, she cannot fletch bullets, darts, or other ammunition.
    Post edited by Skitia on
    I confirm that even without her fletching ability and bow improvements she still is an incredibly powerful character, exiting cloakwood mines she has 33% of the group's kill, about 150 the 2nd most kills is at 113 only... !
    But the fletching ability was fun ! :)
    edited April 2020
    Emily is now updated to 1.55 and has the following:
    1: One New Talk after chapter 2, which occurs at anytime in Beregost. This talk isn't necessary to get later ones, but is the only way to get Emily's crafting ability. It won't fire if you had a craft talk in the past, as you likely already have said abilities.
    2: Return of Emily's two Crafting Abilities, Fletch Enchanted Bolt and Fletch Enchanted Arrow. The Quantity is increased to 12 at a time, but she can only use these abilities twenty times total. On the twentieth use, both abilities are lost until BG2:EE
    3:Return of Emily's ability to amplify a single bow: Ultimately since it was just one bow or crossbow that could be modified it was not very game breaking.
    4: Fixed Game crashing due to lack of exit script in a dialogue.
    5: Decreased Emily's Strength to 12 and Dexterity to 17.
    6: Increased Emily's Intelligence to 16

Summary: My main beef with the original crafting was: The quantity was too low and infinite, and the system before that the crafting was infinite with no real cost. The player can gradually build up a stockpile for use later, or give her a small amount now if she runs out. The minor reduction in strength and dexterity doesn't penalize her ranged thaco at all and just makes her a little weaker in combat in exchange for making her a little bit better for her mage/arcane archer multi-class option (14 intelligence is annoyingly too low to memorize spells. I'd recommend she be paired with Recorder if trying this multi-class even with 16 intelligence, as her bard song will help with memorization.)

Ultimately I dropped the shopkeeper part for SoD. It was a nice idea but if she was told to wait away from camp the store could be opened too. Her mobile crafting of arrows is a nice enough addition on its own

I finally figured out how to have a music file play that will interrupt and stop another character theme's music that started, so I'll gradually correct that and add it in the next update, but current priority is to shift work back to BG2:EE for a while before doing another minor touch up.
    Fina92
    would you risk an update in the middle of a game to 1.55 ? The dialog was already here, so maybe it won't wreck havoc in the game's strings...
    edited April 2020
    I tested it on my playthroughs and it doesn't break anything. I only added or updated strings.
    Emily is now at 1.56
    This fixes
    -Some strings that weren't updated to their new values in 1.55
    -Some SoD Dialogues firing incorrectly.
    -A change in how her audio fires so it can be interrupted more easily by other NPC audio.
    Fina92
    1.57 is a minor update with a bugfix:
    -Adjustment of a couple strings.
    -Fixed a bug where crafted arrows would be reduced to a single quantity after rest.
    Fina92
  • redlineredline Member Posts: 296
    edited May 2020
    Up for another bug? Not gameplay, but Minsc got mean all of a sudden:
    0gzn6k6bks1b.png
    Post edited by redline on
    Thanks, I was shown this before, but I guess I forgot to fix this, but it's corrected now.

1.58 Thus has:
    -Fix for Minsc/Emily banter.
    -Fix for Emily not installing Recorder or Helga crossmod
    -Two new Aura crossmods. They won't fire yet because the first conversation in the series isn't uploaded yet. Just waiting for approval/AionZ's changes. There should be a few more crossmods coming as well!
    redline
  • CaedwyrCaedwyr Member Posts: 176
    edited May 2020
    This looks like an interesting NPC and I like what I've seen of your writing.

How is the crossmod content handled? Does it matter which order the mod is installed in with respect to Aura or any other NPCs with crossmod content?

Also, I noticed that the link to the support forum from your webpage for Emily goes to Vienxay instead.
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    i tend to install Skitia's mods last. in the order of emily, kale, vienaxy, helga and recorder to get all the cross mods.

aura was updated so you can install them in any order to get her cross mod i just like installing aura before emily.
    After AionZ's is usually better - I tend to update my mods for crossmod content before they do (They did beat me for Emily-Aura though!).

I'll fix that link when I get a chance.
  • kiwidockiwidoc Member Posts: 1,437
    Can't Get Emily Naked !!!! ! :*

Sorry about the header, but I just couldn't resist it. I am well into Chapter 4, and I bought the Robe of the Good Archmage for her. Then I discovered I couldn't remove the Knaves Robe that is her starting equipment. I went back through loads of savews, and found this went right back to when I first got her. Is this an intentional feature or a bug? I'm planning on using EEKeeper to swap the items - will this cause problems?

I'm attaching the Weidu log so you can see what other mods I'm running.

btw I LOVE Emily, Recorder and Kale <3

Weidu Log Follows
    // Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
    // The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
    // ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
    ~AC_QUEST/AC_QUEST.TP2~ #1 #0 // Ascalon's Questpack: 2.05
    ~SOA/SETUP-SOA.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Stone of Askavar for TotSC/Tutu/BGT/BGEE -> Default version: areas connected by travel triggers: 2.1
    ~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #0 // The BG1 NPC Project: Required Modifications: v23.3
    ~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #1 // The BG1 NPC Project: Banters, Quests, and Interjections: v23.3
    ~BG1NPCMUSIC/SETUP-BG1NPCMUSIC.TP2~ #0 #0 // The BG1 NPC Project Music Pack -> Install All Audio: v6
    ~ARTISANSKITPACK/ARTISANSKITPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // Artisan's Kitpack: Arcane Archer Fighter Kit: 1.7
    ~KALE/KALE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Kale NPC for BG1EE and SoD: 1.52
    ~KALE/KALE.TP2~ #0 #1 // Choose an alternate class for Kale? -> Warden(Fighter Kit): 1.52
    ~EMILY/EMILY.TP2~ #0 #0 // Emily NPC for BG1EE: 1.5
    ~EMILY/EMILY.TP2~ #0 #2 // Choose an alternate class for Emily? -> Arcane Archer/Mage (Fighter/Mage Kit)): 1.5
    ~EMILY/EMILY.TP2~ #0 #3 // Choose whether or not to have Emily's custom soundtrack play during timed talks. -> Emily's Music: 1.5
    ~RECORDER/SETUP-RECORDER.TP2~ #0 #0 // Recorder NPC MoD: 1.28
    ~RECORDER/SETUP-RECORDER.TP2~ #0 #1 // Choose whether or not to have Recorder's custom soundtrack play during timed talks. -> Recorder's Music: 1.28
    ~AURA_BG1/SETUP-AURA_BG1.TP2~ #0 #0 // Aura NPC for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition: 2.8
    ~DRAKE/SETUP-DRAKE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Drake NPC for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition: 1.51
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #10 // Remove Helmet Animations: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #60 // Weapon Animation Tweaks: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #110 // Icon Improvements: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #130 // Force All Dialogue to Pause Game: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #140 // Fix Boo's Squeak: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #160 // Make Magic Shields Glow (plainab/grogerson): v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #182 // Unique Containers -> Unique icons and names: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #190 // Use Character Colors Instead of Item Colors -> For all shields and helmets: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #200 // Remove Blur Effect from Items, e.g. Cloack of Displacement: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2010 // Separate Resist Fire/Cold Icon into Separate Icons (Angel): v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1035 // Make Cloakwood Areas Available Before Completing the Bandit Camp -> First Area Only: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1075 // Send BioWare NPCs to an Inn (DavidW/Zed Nocear): v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1080 // Add Bags of Holding: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1090 // Exotic Item Pack: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1100 // Reveal City Maps When Entering Area: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1120 // Stores Sell Higher Stacks of Items: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1251 // Move NPCs to Convenient Locations: Move Alora to Gullykin: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1252 // Move NPCs to Convenient Locations: Move Eldoth to the Coast Way: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1253 // Move NPCs to Convenient Locations: Move Quayle to the Nashkel Carnival: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1254 // Move NPCs to Convenient Locations: Move Shar-Teel to North Nashkel Road: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1255 // Move NPCs to Convenient Locations: Move Tiax to Beregost: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1256 // Move NPCs to Convenient Locations: Move Viconia to South Beregost Road: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2040 // Universal Clubs: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2090 // Change Experience Point Cap -> Remove Experience Cap: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2152 // Wear Multiple Protection Items -> Allow Armor Plus One Protection Item (Angel): v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2240 // Un-Nerfed THAC0 Table: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2250 // Un-Nerfed Sorcerer Spell Progression Table: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2260 // Alter Mage Spell Progression Table -> Un-Nerfed Table (Blucher): v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2270 // Alter Bard Spell Progression Table -> Un-Nerfed Table (Blucher): v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2280 // Alter Cleric Spell Progression Table -> Un-Nerfed Table (Blucher): v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2293 // Alter Druid Spell and Level Progression Tables -> Use Cleric Level Progression Changes With Un-Nerfed Druid Spell Table (Blucher): v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2440 // Everyone Gets Bonus APR from Specialization: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2500 // Exceptional Strength Weight Limit Changes: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2520 // Allow Mages to Use Bucklers and Thieves to Use Small Shields (Angel): v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2530 // Lightning Bolts Don't Bounce (Angel): v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2999 // Max HP at Level One: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3000 // Higher HP on Level Up -> Maximum: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3008 // Allow HP Rolls Through Level 20 (Angel): v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3012 // Maximum HP for NPCs (the bigg) -> For Party-Joinable NPCs Only: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3030 // Easy Spell Learning -> 100% Learn Spells: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3040 // Make Bags of Holding Bottomless: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3050 // Remove fatigue from restoration spells: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3060 // Remove "You Must Gather Your Party..." Sound (Weimer): v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3083 // Increase Ammo Stack Size -> Stacks of 120: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3091 // Increase Gem and Jewelry Stacking -> Stacks of 40: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3101 // Increase Potion Stacking -> Stacks of 40: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3111 // Increase Scroll Stacking -> Stacks of 40: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3120 // Happy Patch (Party NPCs do not complain about reputation) -> NPCs Are Never Angry About Reputation: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3123 // NPCs Don't Fight: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3190 // Rest Anywhere (Japheth): v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3280 // Give Every Class/Kit Four Weapon Slots: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3291 // Personalize automatic save names -> Use scheme: 000000000-Protagonist Save-Name: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3310 // Start New Games with Party AI Turned Off: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3320 // No Depreciation in Stores: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3330 // Make party members less likely to die irreversibly: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4020 // ToB-Style NPCs: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4025 // Allow NPC pairs to separate: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4110 // Give Kagain A Legal Constitution Score of 19: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4120 // Give Coran A Legal Dexterity Score of 19: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4130 // Make Xan a Generalist Mage (Mike1072): v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4150 // Move Boo into Minsc's pack: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4160 // Allow Yeslick to use axes: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4170 // Ensure Shar-Teel doesn't die in the original challenge: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4140 // Don't Auto-Assign Advanced AI Scripting to Party: v9
    ~WANDCASE/WANDCASE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Wand Case: v1.3
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3230 // Taerom Makes Additional Ankheg Armor (Icendoan/grogerson): v9
    edited May 2020
    Ooh, you must be using the Arcane-Archer/Mage version. I would use EEKEEPER to remove it, nothing bad will happen. I gave her the wrong version of the robes, there are two versions, one is droppable, the other isn't, and it's hard to see which is which when you give them items.

I'll update it to fix future playthroughs in an update tonight which will include some more crossmod content, but for a current playthrough, EEKEEPER use to remove the item is the way to go.
    Thanks for the prompt reply :) I'm off to remove her robe with great pleasure!
    btw what mods will be in this new crossmod content?
    All of them are with AionZ's Drake/Aura/Sirene.

Speaking of: Emily is now at 1.59, which adds/fixes the following
    -Adds Crossmod with Drake.
    -Adds one more Crossmod with Aura.
    -Fixes Emily's Enhancements to bows so the weapon is identified.
    -Also sets Emily's necklace to identified.
    -Fixes Emily's Arcane Archer-Mage version to have a removable robe when she spawns.
    megamike15GusindaFina92
    I'm into Chapter 5 now, and I've progressed a bit with Emily's tale
    I've dealt with the Planar Hunters and got the journal
    Recorder has been chatting away to me for a while now - I've been playing Stone of Askavar so I've been in Chapter 5 for quite some time) but I haven't had any talks initiated by Emily. When my male elf initiates conversation with her she responds well, and she keeps dropping nice remarks about my heroism, but hasn't initiated any other dialogue.
    What is this global at: Global("X3milyBookTalk","GLOBAL")?
    I can't find that variable using EEKeeper - just X3EMOMSPAWN. I don't know how to find a global variable any other way *hangs head in shame*
    edited May 2020
    EEKeeper works, you can also use Console C:GetGlobal("X3milyBookTalk","GLOBAL"). Let me check how it triggers real quick...

Edit:
    Check the values of these two variables, they should be:
    Global("X3milyTalk","GLOBAL",11)
    Global("X3milySixthTalk","GLOBAL",1)

Your next talk triggers only at rest. My own playthrough is pretty close to chapter 5, so I'll be able to double check this myself shortly.