Skip to content

[v1.64] Emily, a Half-Elf* Archer for BG:EE + SoD and EET

Comments

• SkitiaSkitia Member Posts: 1,052
    One is in the Jysteev estate in the Government District, the other is in a side room in the Radiant Heart in the Temple District. The Journal should give these details if I did it right.
  • ShirakShirak Member Posts: 84
    @Skitia Could I check the Global Variables required for the Fletching Arrows and the reading of the Celestial Journal?

Background - I've completed Emily in BGEE and SOD many times, but those runs were all done using her as a primary NPC in my party (meaning that I picked her up early and spent the entire game with her). For this particular run, Emily is my secondary NPC, so I only picked her up after Cloakwood Mines, just before I go into Baldur's Gate.

Currently, I've completed her quests in Baldur's Gate, but despite resting numerous times, and having travelled to Isle of Balduran and completed Durlag's Tower since picking her up, I have not triggered the Fletching Arrows talk, nor managed to get her to read the Celestial Journal at rest. Hence I am unable to fully complete her quest.

The only talk I managed to get earlier is the Upgrading of Launcher talk. I'm not sure whether the failure for the Fletching talk to trigger, is related to me not bringing Emily into Nashkel Mines.

Could I kindly check the values of the Global Variables required? My current values are:

X3MILYBOOKTALK - 1
    X3MILYSIXTHTALK - 1
    X3MILYTALK - 11
    X3MILYMOMALIVE - 2
    X3MILYTIMER - 866190

The Global Variables, "X3MILYFLETCHTOPIC" and "X3MILYCRAFTTALK" are missing.

Thanks!
    edited February 2021
    These are the necessary variables:

GlobalGT("Chapter","GLOBAL",2) (Chapter 3 or later)
    GlobalGT("X3milyTalk","GLOBAL",8) (Fourth Talk with Emily or Later)
    Global("X3milyCraftTalk","GLOBAL",0)
    AreaCheck("%bg1_eet_symbol%3300") (This means we must presently be in Beregost)

All you would have to do is return to Beregost at some point, either for fulfilling or doing a quest, or for chapter 3's events
    Skitia wrote: »
    These are the necessary variables:

GlobalGT("Chapter","GLOBAL",2) (Chapter 3 or later)
    GlobalGT("X3milyTalk","GLOBAL",8) (Fourth Talk with Emily or Later)
    Global("X3milyCraftTalk","GLOBAL",0)
    AreaCheck("%bg1_eet_symbol%3300") (This means we must presently be in Beregost)

All you would have to do is return to Beregost at some point, either for fulfilling or doing a quest, or for chapter 3's events

Thanks @Skitia! That's for the Celestial Journal as well? Cos I'm pretty sure that Emily read the Celestial Journal in Baldur's Gate in my other runs without me returning to Beregost. I didn't get any of the Celestial Journal talk at rest at all
    edited February 2021
    Global("X3milyBookTalk","GLOBAL") is the variable to check for the book talk. Should be three in a row, two at rest, one post rest, and can happen in any area. The first one happens a day and one hour after the book is given to her, if the sixth talk is allowed (This means the prior quest is complete (Thus Sixth Talk is set to 1), and the first five talks are complete, or at 11)

Global("X3milyTalk","GLOBAL",11)
    Global("X3milySixthTalk","GLOBAL",1)
    Global("X3milyHour","GLOBAL",0)->This one triggers an hour timer to fire and is set to one afterwards.

Emily does bring you back to Beregost at the end of the book series of talks, which is another opportunity to get the craft talk if it is missing.
    Global("X3milyBookTalk","GLOBAL") is the variable to check for the book talk. Should be three in a row, two at rest, one post rest, and can happen in any area. The first one happens a day and one hour after the book is given to her, if the sixth talk is allowed (This means the prior quest is complete (Thus Sixth Talk is set to 1), and the first five talks are complete, or at 11)

Global("X3milyTalk","GLOBAL",11)
    Global("X3milySixthTalk","GLOBAL",1)
    Global("X3milyHour","GLOBAL",0)->This one triggers an hour timer to fire and is set to one afterwards.

Emily does bring you back to Beregost at the end of the book series of talks, which is another opportunity to get the craft talk if it is missing.

Strange, cos as you can see, my variables are:

X3MILYBOOKTALK - 1
    X3MILYSIXTHTALK - 1
    X3MILYTALK - 11
    X3MILYMOMALIVE - 2
    X3MILYTIMER - 866190
    X3MILYHOUR - 1

But I never got the Celestial Journal conversations. Basically, I'm trying to trigger the final encounter at Feldepost's Inn
    edited February 2021
    Ah, interesting. If X3MILYBOOKTALK = 1, then all you need to do is rest in a non dungeon area while she is in your party.

Worst case scenario, You can manually set it to 2, then force initiate dialogue. Then manually set it to 5, force initiate, and then 7, force initiate.
  • MysticalMattMysticalMatt Member Posts: 8
    Wow, this mod looks awesome! Can I ask how far along Emily is for BG2? I'm hoping to do one giant play through from 1, SOD, and 2, and I'd rather wait a bit if she's not quite done for 2 or TOB!

Great work so far!
    Emily is 100% done for BG2, you can download her and any of my other BG1 NPC mods BG2 content here:
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/78071/v1-00-skitias-npcs-for-bg2-ee-and-eet/p1
    Emily is 100% done for BG2, you can download her and any of my other BG1 NPC mods BG2 content here:
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/78071/v1-00-skitias-npcs-for-bg2-ee-and-eet/p1

Wow amazing! Looks like I'll have to download and do a complete run through!
    Sorry for my ignorance: so I download Emily BG/SOD and BG2 as separate mods? I'll be importing my character across games, so will she remember experiences we've had?

Great work!!
    Yes, BG/SoD into the BG1 game directory, and the BG2 into the BG2 game directory.

She'll remember if you mention you had a past, yes.
    MysticalMatt
    Awesome! TOB content?

Sorry for all of the questions!
    Yes, it has ToB content, so full BG2 content.
    MysticalMattilduderino
  • Drums12Drums12 Member Posts: 2
    Can you describe the personality you wrote for Emily? Is she more dominant (Jaheria like), or compassionate/sweet (Aerie like) or something different?
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    edited February 2021
    Drums12 wrote: »
    Can you describe the personality you wrote for Emily? Is she more dominant (Jaheria like), or compassionate/sweet (Aerie like) or something different?

so far from what i have played she is more an Aerie kind hearted and wants to help people.

the exact opposite of their other npc Vienxay who takes more cues from Viconia.
    Sorry guys, last noob question. So I have the files in Winrar, and there's the Setup exe that would just go into the Steam common BG folder. Where do I extract the other Emily folder to with the Audio, Scripts etc? Just to that same folder or a different subfolder?

Thanks!
    edited February 2021
    The primary Emily Folder goes into the same directory as the exe, they can be dragged into the needed location together.

Emily is more Aerie-ish, with a bit of her own brand of sarcastic wit here and there. I'd say compassionate but less sweet and more quirky. Recorder is the sweetest/gentlest of the group of NPCs I made and is probably far more comparable to Aerie than Emily is. And like Megamike said, Vienxay is comparable to Viconia in some ways, in how snobby sun-elves just do not understand why you would bother lifting a finger for a dying human.
    MysticalMatt
    Thanks for your help! To be honest, one of the main reasons I'm getting this mod is because you are active and helpful in forums, especially to a noob like me that doesn't always know how to mod properly.

Just starting my play through, and I'm looking forward to it!
    Ah, interesting. If X3MILYBOOKTALK = 1, then all you need to do is rest in a non dungeon area while she is in your party.

Worst case scenario, You can manually set it to 2, then force initiate dialogue. Then manually set it to 5, force initiate, and then 7, force initiate.

Thanks @Skitia! I'll try to get round to testing it again, and let you know if it doesn't work. Looking forward to playing with Emily and Vienxay in BG2EE when I get there!

I'm holding off my current BG2EE playthroughs, as I'm waiting for a few other mods to be updated first.
    Great! Let me know how it goes you two. :smile:
    MysticalMatt
    If I pick up Emily, but then drop her to complete some other companion quests and such, do the quest variables and romance etc continue when I pick her back up again?
    Yes, they freeze, unless of course you romance someone else up to completion, then the romance ones break.
    MysticalMatt
    just finished sod with emily and i found her very enjoyable. she reminded me alot of isra infact.

it did feel like she was meant to have a quest in sod that must have been cut. as that person she mentions when she rejoins is just never mentioned again through out the whole expansion.

i can't wait to go into her romance in bg 2 as what was there in sod was very sweet. epically in the end where she wants to help you but she can't.
    xiaoleiwen
    Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it.

Her quest in SoD can be missed. I think with how I created it, Dragonspear needs to be visited in Chapter 10, when you can sneak into the enemy fortress. The person was spawned somewhere on the east side a bit by themselves. I'll consider adjusting it to be easier to find if I miss it in my playthrough too.
    megamike15
    Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it.

Her quest in SoD can be missed. I think with how I created it, Dragonspear needs to be visited in Chapter 10, when you can sneak into the enemy fortress. The person was spawned somewhere on the east side a bit by themselves. I'll consider adjusting it to be easier to find if I miss it in my playthrough too.

either they did not spawn or i missed them as i odn't recall seeing a new npc when i was in there.
    Emily is a great companion so far!

Do you have a summary or walkthough of her quests/talks, to make sure that I hit them all and/or are in the right spots for them?
  • Drums12Drums12 Member Posts: 2
    I decided to briefly skip Emily and do the Nashkel mines with my original crew, before adding her in. Is there a point where it would be "too late" to recruit her, as in I would be missing out on content with her?
    I decided to briefly skip Emily and do the Nashkel mines with my original crew, before adding her in. Is there a point where it would be "too late" to recruit her, as in I would be missing out on content with her?

Not really, no. Most talks are based off of time. Some are based off of areas, but are minor banters, and some are based off of areas & time, but her personal quest would point you to those areas anyway.
    Emily is a great companion so far!

Do you have a summary or walkthough of her quests/talks, to make sure that I hit them all and/or are in the right spots for them?

I can write a full summary someday, I don't have one at the moment. Her BG1 content is pretty straightforward. As long as you don't play in a style where you never, ever, ever, sleep, you won't miss anything.
    MysticalMatt
    Ha sleeping is in the plan, so sounds good! Thanks again for your help!
  • CaedwyrCaedwyr Member Posts: 176
    I recently completed a playthrough of BG1 with my game book club and Emily as well as all of your mods were very well received.

Recorder, Helga, Vienxay, Kale, Emily NPCs: Skitia's BG1 NPCs and very high in quality. No one took one of these NPCs with them for their final party, but I think everyone took at least some of Skitia's NPCs part of the way through the story. Except Emily. Two people took Emily and really liked her. Very much worth it even if you don't plan on taking them, for the little sidequests and texture to the world. These are going on every install of mine in the future.
    Necromanx2