Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit nwn.beamdog.com to make an order. NWN:EE FAQ is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Can't connect to friends game anymore.

ForsFors Member Posts: 3
Simply put, everything was working fine on Tuesday. Then come Wednesday, I could not connect to my friends game. So I tried looking around at other servers, and found that I was able to connect to some, but also unable to connect to others with the same error popping up every time: Got token, attempting over relay. Connection to server has failed.

n26sploqgmg5.jpg

We had been playing for a while before this, completing HOTU and also starting a game in Aielund saga. We didn't change anything on our ends, yet we have this problem now.

Any advice, news or explanations would be greatly appreciated.

Note: I was always able to connect through the relay, just that now it is not working, for whatever reason.

Comments

• ShadooowShadooow Member Posts: 320
    This is happening to me too if I try to connect on a server running on my IP via internet game. Try join via LAN, should work.

ForsJuliusBorisov
  • ForsFors Member Posts: 3
    Shadooow wrote: »
    This is happening to me too if I try to connect on a server running on my IP via internet game. Try join via LAN, should work.

Have advice for setting up LAN? Before we used to try hamachi but it always seemed to have its issues.

• ShadooowShadooow Member Posts: 320
    I assumed that you are hosting this server. If that would be the case you can connect via LAN - you should see your server in list there.

If you are not the one hosting this server then thats a different issue then.

• ForsFors Member Posts: 3
    edited June 13
    Shadooow wrote: »
    I assumed that you are hosting this server. If that would be the case you can connect via LAN - you should see your server in list there.

If you are not the one hosting this server then thats a different issue then.

We've both tried hosting for each other. We are trying to play via internet game, so we don't have something set up for LAN. I have no issue connecting to my own game, but to a lot of others I am still having problems.

It's weird that this problem started only on Wednesday and the game was completely fine beforehand. I'm not sure where to start because I don't understand what could have possibly caused this.

Post edited by Fors on
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 18,011
    Maybe your or your friends' Firewall got an update?