Skip to content

Mod: Candlekeep Without Tutors

PaiN_VIPaiN_VI Member Posts: 28
edited November 2019 in General Modding
Hello everybody

This is not a mod itself, just a small change that I think is valid. I edited the Candlekeep (initial) and removed the tutors from there. The first time I played the PC version and saw them there I thought it was really cool for the guys who are starting out, but for me it takes some of the immersion out of the game. By the way, we already have Jondalar to do that with that combat tutorial ^^.

The installation is copy and paste, just extract the two areas and place in the override folder of your game.

This edits the areas 2600 and 2616 (Candlekeep and the Inn).

Any questions talk
Post edited by PaiN_VI on
IseweinGrammarsalad

Comments

• ElysianEchoesElysianEchoes Member Posts: 475
    This would help with immersion, I would think. Thanks for sharing.

Hey, think you could make a Candlekeep-b-gone?
    PaiN_VI
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669

Hey, think you could make a Candlekeep-b-gone?
    Not sure what this has to do with the OP mod idea, but anyway. What do you have in mind? Because Candlekeep-be-gone is already implemented: go to Gorion. Tell him you are ready to go now.

@PaiN_VI I like that you left in Jondalar (and Erik), if I understood correctly. There is another mod that removes all tutors and them, too.
  • PaiN_VIPaiN_VI Member Posts: 28
    @Jastey I could remove Jondalar and hence Erick from the map, but I think they have some importance. The only part of their dialogue that I don't like is the combat explanation :neutral: , I think this is kind of out of the game. There is already tutorial mode for this.
  • ElysianEchoesElysianEchoes Member Posts: 475
    It was an (apparently) poor attempt of humor, though I did remark on topic first..