Skip to content

[MOD] Siege of Dragonspear 2 Baldur's Gate2:EE Item Upgrade - v2.0.5 released!

Comments

• EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    @Daeros_Trollkiller
    Request: Let users choose what parts are randomized. Set the default option to what you normally recommend.
  • Daeros_TrollkillerDaeros_Trollkiller Member Posts: 325
    Endarire wrote: »
    @Daeros_Trollkiller
    Request: Let users choose what parts are randomized. Set the default option to what you normally recommend.

Sorry, but that isn't in the cards right now. I think once you see what is randomized, and how, you will agree with how I did it. As I said previously, it's used very sparingly, and in ways that make the most sense.

Good news folks, my house has finally been repaired so I can get my workspace back together and be more productive. The downside of course, is that it will take time to get it all back together ><

The update is progressing, however. For as much as I am doing with this, I am beginning this should be 2.0 as opposed to 1.3...........
  • hybridialhybridial Member Posts: 291
    My present to myself will be to finally be able to play this thing! You might think I'd be burnt out after working on it for almost a year, but this entire time, I've been chomping at the bit to play this just as much as all of you.

Looking forward to it. If you remember I did ask about the placement of some items because I generally was playing with the Beamdog content deactivated. At the time I wasn't a 100% sure if that's what I wanted to do... now I have and it is. That said, I have learned some basic things like item placement in NearInfinity, for example I have manually placed Silver Dragon Scales onto Adalon myself. So I assume but I'd like to ask anyway, if I put in the work myself, I could handplace all the items where I can get them?

hybridial wrote: »
    My present to myself will be to finally be able to play this thing! You might think I'd be burnt out after working on it for almost a year, but this entire time, I've been chomping at the bit to play this just as much as all of you.

Looking forward to it. If you remember I did ask about the placement of some items because I generally was playing with the Beamdog content deactivated. At the time I wasn't a 100% sure if that's what I wanted to do... now I have and it is. That said, I have learned some basic things like item placement in NearInfinity, for example I have manually placed Silver Dragon Scales onto Adalon myself. So I assume but I'd like to ask anyway, if I put in the work myself, I could handplace all the items where I can get them?

Yes, if you add code to the TP2 to place the items you wish in other spots, it would work provided the items are in the game. There is a possibility you may create duplicates or cause some incompatibility issues by changing it.
    @Daeros_Trollkiller
    What should we get you for your birthday?
    @Daeros_Trollkiller
    What should we get you for your birthday?

Not a thing, I just hope you all enjoy the 2.0 update when I finish it and provide me with some good feedback :)

I've been enjoying these games for more than 20 years. This is my way of giving back.
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    It is my sincere hope that along with the long-awaited 2.6 update, my update will bring you all alot of joy and replayability.

It sure will, @Daeros_Trollkiller Trollkiller, it sure will :) Your mod is currently one of the reasons, I'm postponing my long overdue EET run. The second reason was 2.6 patch itself and mandatory time for updating all crucial mods to play nice with 2.6.

• ZeshinXZeshinX Member Posts: 88
    Will 2.0 still function normally without the 2.6 update, or is 2.6 required? (I'm in no rush to update and re-install everything lol).
    I haven't had to make any 2.6-specific updates to the mod as of yet.
    edited May 2021
    Okay folks, some good news for you all. I'm in the process of creating one last new spell, then I am wrapping up loose ends, documenting and calling this one done. Oh, and there may be a couple of small easter eggs in there that won't be documented..... at least not for a little while. :wink:
    @Daeros_Trollkiller
    For this next release, may we get all of your mod's spells affected by Olvyn's Spell Tool so they don't count against the install limit of spells per spell level?

Thankee!
    @Daeros_Trollkiller
    For this next release, may we get all of your mod's spells affected by Olvyn's Spell Tool so they don't count against the install limit of spells per spell level?

Thankee!

I didn't use that function for any of the spells.
    The point of using Olvyn's Spell Tool is to avoid Weidu's ADD_SPELL function which has a limit of 50 spells per type (arcane/divine) per spell level.
    The point of using Olvyn's Spell Tool is to avoid Weidu's ADD_SPELL function which has a limit of 50 spells per type (arcane/divine) per spell level.

I don't get anywhere remotely even close to hitting any limits with this mod.
    I know you don't but I intend to play with as many mods as I can, meaning I want to include your mod and Spell Revisions and many other mods that add spells.
    I know you don't but I intend to play with as many mods as I can, meaning I want to include your mod and Spell Revisions and many other mods that add spells.

Noted, I may check into this for a future update, but it's not in the cards for now.
  • tedmann12tedmann12 Member Posts: 128
    I'm assuming I would need to start a new game to get all the new stuff?

I JUST started my new game with all my new mods lol
    tedmann12 wrote: »
    I'm assuming I would need to start a new game to get all the new stuff?

I JUST started my new game with all my new mods lol

For my mod to work properly, yes.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    edited May 2021
    Hey, Daeros, I've been playing with your mod again - what a joy it is (sorry, couldn't wait for the next release). I have to repeat my earlier observations that the item upgrades you've developed are very creative. It was fun to look for a murky oil of speed or think where I can get potions of mirrored eyes, for example.

One thing I advise to tweak is: make the rate at which the character wearing those new jester bracers similar to Lilarcor's maybe? In the current implementation, it's just too much, the character constantly tells those jokes. It made me go into NearInfinity and totally remove the effect from the item - but it would have been fun to hear those jokes once in a while.
    Hey, Daeros, I've been playing with your mod again - what a joy it is (sorry, couldn't wait for the next release). I have to repeat my earlier observations that the item upgrades you've developed are very creative. It was fun to look for a murky oil of speed or think where I can get potions of mirrored eyes, for example.

One thing I advise to tweak is: make the rate at which the character wearing those new jester bracers similar to Lilarcor's maybe? In the current implementation, it's just too much, the character constantly tells those jokes. It made me go into NearInfinity and totally remove the effect from the item - but it would have been fun to hear those jokes once in a while.

Thank you for the feedback and kudos :) I am really looking forward to seeing your, and the rest of the community's feedback on 2.0. Soon.........
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819

Thank you for the feedback and kudos :) I am really looking forward to seeing your, and the rest of the community's feedback on 2.0. Soon.........

Oh, stop teasing for god's sake and RELEASE THE KRAKEN :):)
    @Daeros_Trollkiller
    For the Jester Bracers, may we choose how often this effect triggers? It's meant to be fun and funny, not "trash it because it's annoying regardless of its stats."
    edited May 2021
    @Daeros_Trollkiller
    For the Jester Bracers, may we choose how often this effect triggers? It's meant to be fun and funny, not "trash it because it's annoying regardless of its stats."

Due to popular demand, I have added in an optional component to silence the jester's bracers. I did try to find a way to increase the interval between jokes, but nothing worked to my satisfaction in the time I allotted to look into it. I will look into other options for future updates, because I agree with JB, it kinda makes the item. I fully expect there to be a few kinks that you all find that I don't so, hopefully can roll it in with their fixes as well.