Skip to content

[v2.5.0] OlvynSpells: 150 New Spells for BG:EE, BG2:EE, IWD:EE and EET

Comments

• ArjukKagrimArjukKagrim Member Posts: 44
    The installation proceeded without error and the (non-EEex)Cleric and Ranger spells which I tried seem also to work :)
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    Version 1.5.5 is released!

Finally, the mod has reached 100 spells! (counting spells with wizard and priest versions only once)

Four new spells were added in this update.

Reanimate (7th-level wizard and cleric spell) lets you "resurrect" someone as an undead creature under your control.

ts8yh1953ob4.gif

Turning Weapon (1st-level paladin spell)

tdad24eergu8.png

Wind Shots (3rd-level ranger spell) lets you blow back enemies you hit with ranged attacks.

wojj27ar7cuv.gif

Living Lightning (6th-level druid spell)

45edj64x0m93.png

In addition, the mod adds a new HLA for paladins: Temporal Duel. This ability stops time for everyone except the paladin and an enemy, allowing the paladin to duel the enemy!

nl0w5r44d6i7.gif

You can download the latest version of the mod here!
    Version 1.6 is out! This is a big update.

Here is the changelog of the major changes:
    * 14 unique new spells added to the mod: Repulse, Camouflage, Recall Party, Linked Spirit, Mass Heal, True Dispel, Throw, Steal Spells, Bardic Sequencer, Rewind Time, Extraordinary Luck, Necropotence, Mental Agility, and Freezing Wave. Bounce Spell is now 2nd-level, and Absorb Spell is now 3rd-level. The 7th-level spell Critical Sequencer has been replaced by the 5th-level spell Critical Spell.

* New components:
    - Weaken devas but allow more than one to be summoned at once
    - Revise Comet and Dragon's Breath (Comet deals more damage than Dragon's Breath and deals half crushing damage, but takes longer to cast and isn't party friendly, though the caster is immune. Comet knocks creatures back but Dragon's Breath doesn't.)
    - Allow Clairvoyance to be cast indoors
    - Let Rangers and Paladins gain spells quicker and up to 6th-level spells (They get 1st-level spells at level 2, and an additional spell level every 3 levels after level 2.)

* The mod now adds a system that allows spells to be only learnable by certain classes (e.g. a spell that can be learned by Shamans but not by Druids or Rangers). If the spell has a scroll, only those classes can learn the spell from the scroll (so you could have a spell that Bards can learn from a scroll but Mages cannot).

* Call Water Weirds, Linked Portals, and Wall of Force will work in games other than BG1EE.

* If you have a mod installed that turns HLA spells into innate abilities, the HLA spells from this mod will also be innate abilities.

* If you have Spell Revisions installed, the descriptions of the new spells from this mod will be revised to match the format of Spell Revisions descriptions.

14 new spells were added in this update. Here are some of the more exciting ones.

Rewind Time (7th-level wizard spell) lets you go back 2 rounds in time.

vl8g804idnx8.gif

Throw (3rd-level wizard spell) throws an enemy, dealing crushing damage when they land.

7t9m5v1gluxu.gif

@_DD_ You requested some more cold spells. Version 1.6 adds a new 9th-level cold spell, Freezing Wave, which deals high cold damage in a very large area (4 times the radius of a fireball).

f66onywv65fv.gif

Other new spells:

f4cl9z3agbkg.png

(As of version 1.6, if you have Spell Revisions installed, all the spell descriptions of this mod are updated to match the format of Spell Revisions)

8dsgpupangli.png

0nq8duoxdzbf.png

You can download version 1.6 here!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited March 2020
    @subtledoctor No, it doesn't. The "damage that can't be resisted" is done via an opcode 17 effect where parameter1 is negative (there's a glitch where this won't kill you if it reduces you to 0 hit points, but I found a way to make it do so anyway).
    @subtledoctor It actually just uses opcode 261, so yeah, it could make them regain another spell.
  • nysinysi Member Posts: 60
    Hello,

Thanks for the new spell, especially the cold one. (Cold, Acid and Electric addition are good I think, as Fire is more represented).

I'm currently playing Kingmaker (A good successor to baldur's gate), using pathfinder v1 rule. And I found two very cool acid spell from it.

Acid pit :

Level 4 Arcane spell.
    This spell functions as create pit, except that it places a 5-foot deep pool of acid at the bottom of the pit. The pit has a maximum depth of 100 feet. Creatures who fall into the pit take falling damage as normal (the acid counts as a yielding surface), plus 2d6 points of acid damage per round spent in contact with the acid. In addition, exposed items carried by a creature in the pit may be harmed.

Any creature near or inside the pit must make a saving throw or fall into the pit.
    Falling make physical damage.
    Each turn, the creature can try a saving throw to get out of the pit. If it fail it take 2d6 acid damage.
    When in the pit, the target cannot be attacked (But suffer from damage over time like melf acid arrow received before falling)

I've made a small video showing the spell in action : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rq1lhqSXipk&feature=youtu.be

Caustic Eruption :

Level 7 arcane spell.
    Acid erupts from your space in all directions, causing 1d6 points of damage per caster level (maximum 20d6) to creatures and unattended objects in the area. On your turn in each of the next 2 rounds, creatures and objects that failed their saves against the initial burst take an additional 1d6 points of acid damage per 2 caster levels (maximum 10d6) unless the acid is neutralized, dispelled, or washed away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8_VN0pgPrA&feature=youtu.be

Caustic eruption is probably doable (Using Sunfire projectile and adding melf acid arrow damage over time effect?) but I don't know if Acid pit would be doable. (May be using a maze effect? Or making the target fall to the ground and become invulnerable to everything save the damage component?)

I may work on them when my kingmaker run is done, but may be you would be interrested or inspired by those spell for you mod? Anyway, this is not a request or such. I'm just offering ideas :)

@nysi Acid Pit should be possible (having a creature be temporarily "disabled" while periodically taking damage is doable), though it would be pretty hard to make it look as if creatures actually fall into the pit (as opposed to just disappearing). Planescape Torment did have some animation like this, though, with the spell Abyssal Fury.

Caustic Eruption is totally doable, and I could easily make a good animation for it (like a big green explosion). However, a total of 40d6 damage from a 7th-level area of effect spell is probably too much.

Thanks for your suggestions!
    @subtledoctor Sure! I could make a spell like that in the next update.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited March 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ArjukKagrimArjukKagrim Member Posts: 44
    edited March 2020
    Thanks for the update :)
    Unfortunately when installing 1.6 (1.5.5 worked) I get the following error:
    ERROR: Cannot find 273 rows with at least 2 columns.ERROR: [luabbr.2da] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("Cannot Read 2DA Entry"))

Edit: I still receive the error with the recent minor fixes-version. Maybe 1.6 is incompatible with refinements?
    Post edited by ArjukKagrim on
    @ArjukKagrim Okay, I fixed the problem. Download the fixed version here.
  • zzzZZzzzzzzZZzzz Member Posts: 10
    Hey Olvyn, I wanted to give it a try and went ahead with the install but it gave me error during installation proccess.
    ERROR locating resource for 'COPY'
    Resource [HighPower/no_overwrite/me7eyes.2da] not found in KEY file:
    [./chitin.key]
    Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [New spells -> Add all the new spells to the game, including the really powerful spells], rolling back to previous state
    Unable to Unlink [MESpells/backup/1000/OTHER.1000]: Unix.Unix_error(1, "unlink", "MESpells/backup/1000/OTHER.1000")
    [MESpells/backup/1000/UNSETSTR.1000] SET_STRING uninstall info not found
    Will uninstall 1114 files for [MESPELLS/MESPELLS.TP2] component 1000.
    Restoring backed-up [MESpells/backup/1000/M__MEFUN.lua]
    MESpells/backup/1000/M__MEFUN.lua copied to override/M__MEFUN.lua, 263888 bytes
    Restoring backed-up [MESpells/backup/1000/snone.BAM]
    MESpells/backup/1000/snone.BAM copied to override/snone.BAM, 1094 bytes
    Restoring backed-up [MESpells/backup/1000/ui.menu]
    MESpells/backup/1000/ui.menu copied to override/ui.menu, 464044 bytes
    Restoring backed-up [MESpells/backup/1000/PROJECTL.IDS]
    MESpells/backup/1000/PROJECTL.IDS copied to override/PROJECTL.IDS, 3793 bytes
    Restoring backed-up [MESpells/backup/1000/MISSILE.IDS]
    MESpells/backup/1000/MISSILE.IDS copied to override/MISSILE.IDS, 6983 bytes
    Uninstalled 1114 files for [MESPELLS/MESPELLS.TP2] component 1000.
    Unable to Unlink [MESpells/backup/1000/READLN.1000]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "MESpells/backup/1000/READLN.1000")
    Unable to Unlink [MESpells/backup/1000/READLN.1000.TEXT]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "MESpells/backup/1000/READLN.1000.TEXT")
    EEEX/EEEX.TP2 0 0 Installed
    MESPELLS/MESPELLS.TP2 0 11013 Installed
    MESPELLS/MESPELLS.TP2 0 11021 Installed
    MESPELLS/MESPELLS.TP2 0 11052 Installed
    MESPELLS/MESPELLS.TP2 0 12091 Installed
    MESPELLS/MESPELLS.TP2 0 24131 Installed
    MESPELLS/MESPELLS.TP2 0 26111 Installed
    MESPELLS/MESPELLS.TP2 0 26151 Installed
    MESPELLS/MESPELLS.TP2 0 29111 Installed
    MESPELLS/MESPELLS.TP2 0 29221 Installed
    MESPELLS/MESPELLS.TP2 0 26171 Installed
    MESPELLS/MESPELLS.TP2 0 14151 Installed
    MESPELLS/MESPELLS.TP2 0 23011 Installed
    MESPELLS/MESPELLS.TP2 0 980 Installed
    ERROR: Failure("resource [HighPower/no_overwrite/me7eyes.2da] not found for 'COPY'")
    Please make a backup of the file: SETUP-MESPELLS.DEBUG and look for support at: OlvynChuru
    Using Language [English]
    [English] has 1 top-level TRA files
    [MESpells/tra/english/english.tra] has 788 translation strings

Install Component [New spells]?
    [N]o, [Q]uit or choose one:
    1] Add all the new spells to the game, including the really powerful spells
    2] Add all the new spells to the game, excluding the really powerful spells

Any idea what to do ?
    @zzzZZzzz I fixed your problem. Download the fixed version here.
    It worked! Thank you for quick reply
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    Oh man, you are a spell making machine! Love it.
    Is there a way to install this mod along with SCS ? I am not talking about SCS using these spells,but about the way that both mods could be installed so the NPC enemies could benefit from SCS while the PC could have also access to this set of spells.
    @zzzZZzzz Are you having trouble installing the mod alongside Sword Coast Stratagems? I've been able to install the newest version of this mod on top of SCS.
    Yes, I tried to install EEx, your spells (OS), and after that, SCS - and it came up with errors straight when importing IWD spells and later on with other things as well. I will try installing it last and see what happens. But I am worrying that if SCS stopped install with errors when EEx and OS were already installed, then installing OS after the SCS might damage the SCS even if the OS installer won't report any errors on it's (OS) install.
    @zzzZZzzz I once did a playthrough in which I had OS installed after SCS. I didn't notice any glitches in SCS caused by this mod. So I recommend installing SCS first, then this mod.
  • BubbBubb Member Posts: 1,000
    edited March 2020
    EEex currently has an install issue with SCS; specifically, SCS doesn't like EEex's 0 EEex_MARKED_SPELL SPELL.IDS entry.

You can either:
    1) Try installing SCS before EEex, or
    2) Manually remove 0 EEex_MARKED_SPELL from SPELL.IDS after installing EEex, install SCS, and then add the line back.

It's annoying I know, but for now that's what's going on. (I'm assuming it is indeed EEex causing the issue here, if not, disregard!)
    I will do as you say. Thx for the link to the playthrough thread. Any chance you also made some YT/Twitch videos that I can watch you playing with this mod installed?
    Thank you for all the hard work you put into this. I tested few spells and it was super fun to watch them work. Can't wait to see the rest in action :)
    @Bubb I think you are correct. I did a test install with just EEex installed and when I tried to install SCS on it, it came up with an error. Thank you for the workaround. I will try it later on on another install
    edited March 2020
    @Bubb I think you are correct. I did a test install with just EEex installed and when I tried to install SCS on it, it came up with an error. Thank you for the workaround. I will try it later on on another install

Edit 1.

SCS Install AFTER EEex and OS are already installed and the code "0 EEex_MARKED_SPELL" removed from SPELL.IDS didn't work. It produced another error:
    [./override/MEANIBNU.INI] loaded, 841 bytes
    ERROR: cannot convert anim_id or %anim_id% to an integer
    ERROR: [MEANIBNU.INI] -> [weidu_external/workspace/MEANIBNU.INI] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)

ERROR Installing [Include arcane spells from Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition], rolling back to previous state
    Unable to Unlink [weidu_external/backup/stratagems/1500/OTHER.1500]: Unix.Unix_error(1, "unlink", "weidu_external/backup/stratagems/1500/OTHER.1500")
    [weidu_external/backup/stratagems/1500/UNSETSTR.1500] SET_STRING uninstall info not found
    Will uninstall 623 files for [STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2] component 1500.
    Restoring backed-up [weidu_external/backup/stratagems/1500/spell.ids]
    weidu_external/backup/stratagems/1500/spell.ids copied to override/spell.ids, 26287 bytes
    Uninstalled 623 files for [STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2] component 1500.
    Unable to Unlink [weidu_external/backup/stratagems/1500/READLN.1500]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "weidu_external/backup/stratagems/1500/READLN.1500")
    Unable to Unlink [weidu_external/backup/stratagems/1500/READLN.1500.TEXT]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "weidu_external/backup/stratagems/1500/READLN.1500.TEXT")
    EEEX/EEEX.TP2 0 0 Installed
    MESPELLS/MESPELLS.TP2 0 11013 Installed
    MESPELLS/MESPELLS.TP2 0 11052 Installed
    MESPELLS/MESPELLS.TP2 0 12091 Installed
    MESPELLS/MESPELLS.TP2 0 24131 Installed
    MESPELLS/MESPELLS.TP2 0 26151 Installed
    MESPELLS/MESPELLS.TP2 0 29111 Installed
    MESPELLS/MESPELLS.TP2 0 29221 Installed
    MESPELLS/MESPELLS.TP2 0 26171 Installed
    MESPELLS/MESPELLS.TP2 0 14151 Installed
    MESPELLS/MESPELLS.TP2 0 23011 Installed
    MESPELLS/MESPELLS.TP2 0 980 Installed
    MESPELLS/MESPELLS.TP2 0 1000 Installed
    ERROR: Not_found
    Please make a backup of the file: SETUP-STRATAGEMS.DEBUG and look for support at: For help troubleshooting installation problems, go to the Sword Coast Stratagems forum at forums.gibberlings3.net.
    Using Language [English]
    [English] has 2 top-level TRA files
    [stratagems/lang/english/setup.tra] has 215 translation strings

Install Component [Include arcane spells from Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition]?
    nstall, or [N]ot Install or [Q]uit?

Edit 2.

Installing SCS earlier then EEex and OS worked just fine. No errors during install.
    @zzzZZzzz I fixed that error. Download the new version here and tell me if you get any other errors.
    @OlvynChuru YEEEESSSSSsssss..... it works flawlessly ! now it's possible to install SCS after the EEex/OS are already installed. Only thing I had to do after downloading new version was that "Manually remove 0 EEex_MARKED_SPELL from SPELL.IDS after installing EEex, install SCS, and then add the line back." part. Thank you both for helping with the issues and sorry for late response. SCS takes long time to install and I was doing quite a few of them. Cheers