[v2.5.0] OlvynSpells: 150 New Spells for BG:EE, BG2:EE, IWD:EE and EET

Comments

• OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    @Endarire

Yeah, probably.
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    edited October 2020
    Okay, here they are:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1c3PEhXNlGZfLNzWqSPIcdxgH6G8Aqt4j/view?usp=sharing

So, it's about 156 mb, I believe it's fighter animations only. If you want more (e.g. monk animations) let me know. I can get them fairly easily, I think.
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    edited October 2020
    @Grammarsalad
    It just seems odd to see a Monk, Thief, Mage, or Cleric (or other class sprite/model) enlarged or reduced and have their sprite/model change. I'd prefer versions for all the main class sprite types.

@OlvynChuru
    What say you to the metamagic feats I most recently requested? To reiterate...

I like Energy Substitution (Acid/Cold/Electricity/Fire only), Energy Admixture, Fell Animate, Fell Drain, Intensify Spell, Invisible Spell, Sculpt Spell, Still Spell, and Twin Spell.
    edited October 2020
    @OlvynChuru
    In addition, another high-priority request of mine is adding the ability to, in-game, choose which buffs and summons to use on which locations (including party members). These buffs spells and innate abilities would be cast and items used instantly if out of combat so players can get to the better parts of the game of talking, exploring, killing, and looting! (Item charges and ability uses would still be spent as normal.) This auto-buffing could be bound to a key, configurable in the menu.

I know AI scripts already exist, but, to my knowledge, none are (re)configurable in-game, and none bypass the normal casting time.

Pathfinder: Kingmaker already has the BuffBot mod. This is the sort of convenience I very much want in an EET run! Even if EEex is required, I'm quite interested! The burden of buffing a party before each fight made me quit BGII once already! (Perhaps this functionality is better as a separate mod.)

What say you?

Thankee!
    Post edited by Endarire on
    @OlvynChuru
    Greetings! How fares progress on your mods? I'm eager for news, and more eager for a spiffy new release!

Thankee!
  • LordofBonesLordofBones Member Posts: 22
    Maybe it's just me, but the high level necromantic spells seem a wee bit underpowered. Vampiric Feast competes with wail of the banshee, when in NWN2 it was an epic spell that forced a Fort save or die, restored the caster's health and animated slain enemies as undead. Likewise, Culling Thought competes with sphere of annihilation, dragon's breath and, if you have Refinements, Death Field (which is a flat everything must save or die, summons and 8 hd creatures don't save).
    @LordofBones Vampiric Feast is probably underpowered, though about Culling Thought I'm not really sure. The instant death effect is weak but you can use it at will and as a free action any number of times per round, without using up your spell for the round. Also, neither spell offers a saving throw, so they're not really comparable to spells like Wail of the Banshee that have a bigger effect but do nothing on a successful save.
    Vampiric feast also has to deal with Abi-Dalzim's. A failed Ab-dalzim still deals more damage than feast to just as many creatures, with the hp component being somewhat negligible unless your casters are in the thick of it.
  • DawgliciousDawglicious Member Posts: 221
    Hello! Thank you for this awesome mod :) I am running into an issue with installing this onto Icewind Dale: When I run it to install ALL spells, it gives an error of "ERROR locating resource for 'COPY'
    Resource [lightb.pro] not found in KEY file:
    [./chitin.key]"

Any suggestions on what the issue is? Thank you!
    @OlvynChuru
    Greetings!

How fares progress on the newest OlvynSpells release? We're eager to hear good news from you on this!

Thankee!
  • Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    edited November 2020
    I have run into an issue. In BG2EE, when I install component -
    MESPELLS/MESPELLS.TP2~ #0 #14021 // Original BG1-style Monster Summoning and Animal Summoning spells
    and then cast Monster summoning III (had Imoen cast it in Irenicus dungeon), it crashes the game every time. I uninstalled that component and the spell works fine now.
    Attached log.
    Just a thought, but maybe Vampiric Drain should function somewhat like a combined Abi-Dalzim and 3.5e level drain/death knell/consumptive field? Deal 1dx damage/level, dead enemies restore x hit points and give the caster an ability score/thac0/CL boost?
    The spell scroll Dimensional Chest just disappears when I try to memorize it. No success/failure pop-up, just goes away and the spell does not appear in my spellbook even if I try memorizing at easy difficulty.
    @Necromanx2
    Necromanx2 wrote: »
    The spell scroll Dimensional Chest just disappears when I try to memorize it. No success/failure pop-up, just goes away and the spell does not appear in my spellbook even if I try memorizing at easy difficulty.

That issue will be fixed in the next update.
    edited December 2020
    @OlvynChuru I had a thought that I wanted to confirm. The first level spell, Reflect Attack. Should it have a +1 weapon or less? It occurs to me that I can memorize all Reflect Attack, have the Evermemory ring and fight Belhifit by casting that spell and letting him kill himself (run away, recast go back and repeat). Seems a 1st level spell should not be able to reflect attacks from powerful monsters or weapons.
    Is there a limit that I don't see in the description?
    @Necromanx2
    Necromanx2 wrote: »
    I had a thought that I wanted to confirm. The first level spell, Reflect Attack. Should it have a +1 weapon or less? It occurs to me that I can memorize all Reflect Attack, have the Evermemory ring and fight Belhifit by casting that spell and letting him kill himself (run away, recast go back and repeat). Seems a 1st level spell should not be able to reflect attacks from powerful monsters or weapons.
    Is there a limit that I don't see in the description?

Keep in mind several things:

* Belhifet (on Core Rules or higher) deals 1d10+22 slashing damage per hit, or 27.5 damage on average. His 25% slashing resistance reduces that to about 20.5. It would take about 18 castings to get past his 350 HP. And that's not taking into account his regeneration, which would add another several castings.
    * Even if you had enough spell slots, doing that would take 18 rounds. During that time, Belhifet isn't just attacking you; he's casting spells and summoning other devils. So you'd still be in danger from the other enemies even if you reflected an attack from Belhifet each round.
    * Reflect Attack would be really lame if it only reflected the attacks of weak enemies.
  • Viking8008Viking8008 Member Posts: 16
    Hello! Thank you for this awesome mod :) I am running into an issue with installing this onto Icewind Dale: When I run it to install ALL spells, it gives an error of "ERROR locating resource for 'COPY'
    Resource [lightb.pro] not found in KEY file:
    [./chitin.key]"

Any suggestions on what the issue is? Thank you!

I have same problem, any help Olvyn?
    @Viking8008
    What list of mods do you have installed?
    Endarire wrote: »
    @Viking8008
    What list of mods do you have installed?

EExx and Improved HoF from Olvyn.
    Any help?
    @OlvynChuru
    What say you to how to fix this for @Viking8008?

Thankee!
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    edited December 2020
    For some reason, the metamagic abilities are disappearing on the character in my 6th slot after he uses them after playing the Trials of the Luremaster mod for BG2EE. My other spellcasting characters, including CHARNAME, are unaffected by this.

Only EEKeeper can bring back the abilities but they only work for a single use and never return. Using the console to bring them back by using C:Eval('AddSpecialAbility(\"MEMMwhatever\")',5) doesn't work, either.

*edit*
    I actually just finished TotLM again in a different playthrough with a 2-man party and metamagic abilities have stayed. So I don't know what's going on.
    Post edited by Flashburn on
    @Flashburn
    Did you talk with @Argent77 about this?
    I'm assuming it's a freak accident because the second party cleared the mod without issue. I'll keep a closer eye on where/when/if it happens in the mod again, now that I know its a possibility. Fortunately, a save game is made before entering TotLM.
    @OlvynChuru and @DavidW
    I figured out the problem. Metamagic abilities only disappear when using them while Mind Blank from SCS is active because Mind Blank gives the caster an immunity to opcode 171 (give innate ability) which is what the metamagic abilities use to make sure they're always available.
    edited December 2020
    @Dawglicious @Viking8008

I fixed the issue. The mod should install correctly in IWDEE now.

Download the latest version here.

Sorry for taking so long to update this; I've been working on other things (like IWD2EE and High Power Baldur's Gate).
    OlvynChuru wrote: »
    @Dawglicious @Viking8008

I fixed the issue. The mod should install correctly in IWDEE now.

Download the latest version here.

Sorry for taking so long to update this; I've been working on other things (like IWD2EE and High Power Baldur's Gate).

Great! Ty a lot mate!
    edited December 2020
    The Dimensional Chest (1st level spell) still cannot be learned off a scroll. Scroll just disappears with no success/failure message and it is not in my spellbook.
    Post edited by Necromanx2 on
    edited December 2020
    A new version that's higher in number than the one I saw in my dreams weeks ago (2.1.6)? Alleluia!

Also, what changed in 2.2?
    Endarire wrote: »
    A new version that's higher in number than the one I saw in my dreams weeks ago (2.1.6)? Alleluia!

Also, what changed in 2.2?

The mod has been refactored to use the Class Spell Tool for all spells, so there should be no worry of running out of room for spells at a given level.