Skip to content

[v1.1] Skitia's NPCs For BG2:EE and EET

Comments

• SkitiaSkitia Member Posts: 1,061
    Thanks. Do you have an older save in ToB you can load to check the variable? I want to find the in-between range so I can figure out what conversation made it drop.

Also let me know if you have any of my NPCs besides Vienxay.
  • ShirakShirak Member Posts: 84
    Skitia wrote: »
    Thanks. Do you have an older save in ToB you can load to check the variable? I want to find the in-between range so I can figure out what conversation made it drop.

Also let me know if you have any of my NPCs besides Vienxay.

See previous reply, I was editing it when you replied.

For this playthrough, I'm running Aionz's Sirene, Vienxay, Emily, Lava's Skie, and Neera
    Did you do Lazarus's missing spell book? I see a bug in that quest that would have set it to 6. I've fixed the bug for future playthroughs.

Go ahead and set X3VIEROMANCEACTIVE to 2, though after setting Global("X3VieApp","GLOBAL") to anything higher than 50.
    Did you do Lazarus's missing spell book? I see a bug in that quest that would have set it to 6. I've fixed the bug for future playthroughs.

Go ahead and set X3VIEROMANCEACTIVE to 2, though after setting Global("X3VieApp","GLOBAL") to anything higher than 50.

Yes, I cleared all quests in Saradush. Thanks for your help!

I'll manually set my X3VIEAPP back up to 100 (start state of TOB). Will let you know if there are any other bugs! (I have another playthrough that's romancing Emily, currently at the start of TOB).
    Emily's ToB is a bit bugged too, and Recorder had a couple bugged ones, Kale and Helga were fine. I fixed all of their dialogue. A redownload for future playthroughs will fix the ToB approval issues.
    Emily's ToB is a bit bugged too, and Recorder had a couple bugged ones, Kale and Helga were fine. I fixed all of their dialogue. A redownload for future playthroughs will fix the ToB approval issues.

Don't sweat it (over the bugs). You've always done a great job with your mods.

Once I get over my multiple playthroughs (soon I hope, since all of them are already in TOB), I'll start play testing your Wings and Nalia Romance TOB (with de'Arnise Romance for the SOA parts) on a fresh install.
  • rossbach451rossbach451 Member Posts: 168
    Shirak wrote: »

Don't sweat it (over the bugs). You've always done a great job with your mods.

Once I get over my multiple playthroughs (soon I hope, since all of them are already in TOB), I'll start play testing your Wings and Nalia Romance TOB (with de'Arnise Romance for the SOA parts) on a fresh install.

Thanks to both of you for fine-tuning such a great mod! I am sorry to ask, but what Nalia TOB romance is there?
    It's not finished yet. But the Nalia ToB Romance is the final mod I am doing, not counting the sixth NPC that will be added to this one.
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 877
    It's not finished yet. But the Nalia ToB Romance is the final mod I am doing, not counting the sixth NPC that will be added to this one.

You no doubt have answered this elsewhere, but will this be a freestanding mod (the romance starts in ToB) or will it be a continuation of the mod that exists for SoA?

Either way, I look forward to playing it once it's available! :smile:
    It will be free standing. Since it continues two different Nalia SoA romances by checking which one you are using, it can't really be incorporated into a single one.
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 877
    I see, so it will assume that you have played one of the two existing SoA romances (and check to see which). Sounds good!
    Thanks again. :smile:
  • Austin87Austin87 Member Posts: 281
    It will be free standing. Since it continues two different Nalia SoA romances by checking which one you are using, it can't really be incorporated into a single one.
    This is great news! Many players, including myself, have been waiting for years for the continuation of romances with Nalia, which were both unfinished, although each is good in its own way. The fact that you decided to end the romance and also for both mods is fantastically great! Thanks a lot, we'll be waiting for the release! :)

• rossbach451rossbach451 Member Posts: 168

Fantastic! Couldn't ask for a better modder! Thanks!
  • AgilisAgilis Member Posts: 13
    @Skitia I ran into a problem with Emily questline in Chapter 6 of SOA. I just got back from Underdark and got a message to meet with Emily's father at Mirthrest Inn. When I got there, the conversation with her father abruptly stopped after he ask Catherine Shield heart to pick an heir. Not sure what is the problem? My game is version 2.6.6. Apart from your mod, I'm using CDTweaks, level1npcs, and the unofficial item packs.
    Is the NPC Catherine Shieldheart there in the room? If the conversation broke you should be able to look around and check, she is the one who you met next to Emily when you first recruit her.

If she's not there, she needs to be spawned CreateCreature("X3ECATH"), I'm not sure why she would be missing. (None of your other mods should interfere.)
    Thank you very much for your quick response. Catherine is actually not in the room as you pointed out. I tried to spawn her a few times by typing CreateCreature("X3ECATH"), CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("X3ECATH"), and C: CreateCreature("X3ECATH") in the console command text box but nothing happened. This is the first time I'm using console command. Not sure if I did something wrong? Thanks again for your help.
    edited February 2022
    She looks like this, and the command looks like this: (Just in case your c: CreateCreature example had a space, which would make it not work.)

xzxi7ypvvgvs.png
    edited February 2022
    I tried without a space but she was not spawned either. My console command otherwise seems to work OK. I can add gold to myself and can spawn a MOURNER1.
    EDIT: Actually, Catherine was spawned but only for a split second then disappeared! I also notice a few other quirks in my game too (Dermin came to talk to Jaheira 3 times already but her plot would not progress; I can rest right in the middle of Waukeen Promenade). Not sure if they are related? May be my game is just weird, lol.
    bcjkk3il53ag.png

That is very strange. There is no disappearing command for her unless attacked. You could try the command and then talking to the father as fast as you can if they appear for a split second, they're only needed for that scene.
    Can't really complete the dialogue fast enough. I probably have to re-install the mod on a brand new game. Thank you your help though.
    That is really weird, sorry we couldn't resolve it. I tested to make sure it wasn't a bug and couldn't replicate it on my save either.

I guess you could skip the scene if you want to at least be able to finish it?

You'll need to C:SetGlobal("X3EmiQuest","GLOBAL",6). (The NPCs won't vanish probably, but that's fine.)

Then C:CreateCreature("X3EFath") and C:CreateCreature("X3EBro") while in the Copper Coronet. Then talk to the latter.

(Or if you didn't finish any of Emily's quests, the meeting would go poorly, and you should do C:SetGlobal("X3EmiQuest","GLOBAL",11) instead.
    I'll do another run on a fresh install first. Your mod is too good to skip a content :). Thank you for all your support. Really appreciate your help.
  • jakinxzjakinxz Member Posts: 7
    This mod looks great, only 2 questions, is the content of the mod complete? im planning on taking vienxay, and when you meet them in bg2 is there an option remember them from bg1 only and not sod?
    1: Yes, it is content complete. If there are future additions, they mostly correlate around crossmod, or adjusting things that I don't like quality-wise (Things I want to change about how a quest goes). But you are just about guaranteed to finish a playthrough, even two, before an update happens.

2: Don't speak any line referring to Dragonspear. There are a couple that appear if you speak as if you remember her at the beginning, but Vienxay won't speak about it unless you do.
  • jakinxzjakinxz Member Posts: 7
    edited March 2022
    Does the characters have requirements for the romances like race? and can you start it in bg2 if you didn't played sod?
    I did not put in any race requirements. Emily is the only one locked to non-evil males, the others have no gender requirements. (Recorder is also non-evil only.)
  • AzirAzir Member Posts: 4
    Hello, this mod looks like what i was looking for my new playtrough and sorry if this has been answered before but im only gonna play bg2 and not bg1, if i choose the dialogue that says i'm meeting them for the first time can i still romance them, right?
    Yes.
  • GraionDilachGraionDilach Member Posts: 581
    edited March 2022
    Emily's arcane archer/mage multiclass kit is technically wrong. Instead of that being the C0AA2 kit provided in Artisan's Kitpack (as part of a prompt), it ends up "eekeepering" the single-class kit onto the multiclass. This can affect a few things though and also happens in Emily-BG1.
    I'll switch the c0aa to c0aa2 to correct, then. Already done locally, will upload when I get a chance.