Skip to content

[v1.1] Skitia's NPCs For BG2:EE and EET

Comments

• SkitiaSkitia Member Posts: 1,062
    edited May 2022
    Redownload it? On the current github version, that line should be commented out. Not sure how long ago you downloaded the Mod.
  • MordekaieMordekaie Member Posts: 269
    Skitia wrote: »
    Redownload it? On the current github version, that line should be commented out. Not sure how long ago you downloaded the Mod.

It went well with the new download. I downloaded the mod at least one month ago. As it was already v1.007, i though it was the latest version.

On the current github version, that line should be commented out : i have been looking for this comment but i can't find it! Not enough familiar with Github.
    It's on line 40 in the file Setup-SkitiaNPCs.tp2, just added two slashes for it. It's part of my final NPC, but the BG2 work hasn't really started.
  • AdventurousDayAdventurousDay Member Posts: 25
    edited May 2022
    Hi Skitia, I'm trying to do the Helga quest. You said "Helga's quest starts in the Slums once a beggar NPC approaches near the inn."
    I had a "poor man" approach me, with the option to do a pit fight. I already started the first pit fight before I had Helga in my team, I don't know if that'll affect the quest. When the last pit fight was done I have the option to either give the potion to myself, the poor man, or Helga. Once I made Helga drink it she didn't say anything else.

Is the Helga quest finished? Is that even the Helga quest in the first place?
    Post edited by AdventurousDay on
    The Pit fight is the quest that associates with Helga (You can do the entire quest without her, though.)
    There is another one in ToB though that is more Helga-required. That one starts in the Saradush Area after talking to someone on the ramparts, where the rest of it gets triggered in the following chapter.
    Thanks!
  • FrenzgynFrenzgyn Member Posts: 80
    Hi! Quick question, just to be sure

I see Emily have PIDs in SoA, does the other characters havn't any or is my EET installation bugged&broken?
    All I get from them is "Why you wish to waste my time with idle banter?" and I am getting a bit anxious :smile:
    They do, if you're getting that dialogue it means for whatever reason their dialogue files aren't linking and it's treating them like a multiplayer NPC.

Another EET user reported it to me a while ago. It worked when I read their save game file in my game but not when I sent it back with the correction (Basically they have the wrong dialogue file attached to them.)

I don't think it's EET, but if you reinstalled/changed the order of things at some point, that could be root cause.
    Aaaaargh. Bad news.
    Mmm, nope, didn't do anything strange with installed order.
    Whenever I start a new SoA campaign, they are bugged (I will need to check Recorder just out of curiosity). Absolutely strange that Emily is ok.
    BG1 counterparts worked fine, btw.

I'll let you know if I'll found some clues.
    Which NPCs are you using, by the way, besides Emily/Recorder?

I installed EET for my personal computer and did a very minimalist install of SkitiaNPCS and Vienxay, then rushed to AR0700 to recruit Vienxay. Dialogue worked as intended.

If you do the same thing, New Game->Teleport to AR0700/Waukeen's Promenade, then try recruiting Vienxay (Also do C:AddGold(1000) so you can pay the fine for quicker testing.), see if you can do the PID Then.

If it does work, then I'll look at it more. My fear is the transition with Vienxay from SoD to SoA or BG:EE to SoA is breaking it in this case.

If it doesn't work, then some mod or wonky installation may be at fault.
    Well, first thing first, I am in an "exploratory" EET install that's not quite small, so PROBABLY it's some install /compatibility /mod order problem.

For now It's better you just ignore my issue, I'll post details just in case they could be useful in the future.

Anyway:

- Since I am just experimenting, first time i noticed the issue I didn't transition from SoD/BGEE part, just started a fresh SoA campaign and after the prologue I was intrigued by the lack of PIDs;
    - I have plenty of NPCs (ALL your mods and many more), Emily and Recorder in BG2 of SkitiaNPCs works (also Isra NPC works, just to have a control), while Helga, Kale and Vienxay not.
    - With Vienxay I also experienced a random on reclutation: sometimes, after paying the 600gold, she could not be talked to and so can't be added to the party, I noticed that for obscure reason it didn't set "X3VieMet", infact setting it via console solve the issue.
    - I've done further experimenting, load a BGEE save where I was in chapter 1/2 (me and Imoen) and teleported to promenade: same problema, Helga and Vienxay with "Multi.dlg".

If I can reproduce it with a minimal EET setup or can identify the issue better, I'll let you know.
    Hi!
    I think I've found some clues on the issue.
    Basically it seems a conflict between Vienxay, Kale an Helga BGEE mods with Skitia's NPC BG2EE Vienxay, Helga and Kale components, while Recorder and Emily oddly are unaffected and seems to work.

I've done a second big EET install, but while the first time I had Vienxay/Helga/Kale/Recorder/Emily for BGEE + Skitia's for BG2EE, this time a avoided Vienxay and Kale, while keeping Helga for BGEE as a control.

New game, teleport to promenade and Vienxay joins with proper PID and banters, same for Kale, while Helga still bugged with Multi.dlg.

I have no idea what's happening and why, but I hope this could be helpful. I could try in the near future a minimal EET install just to reproduce the bug. I'll let you know in case.
    edited June 2022
    For some reason, Weidu sees Unless ~Characters~ as Unless Contains ~Characters~ rather than what I perceived it as, which was Unless *exactly* characters.

This meant they weren't added to two critical 2da files that handle party dialogue.

I just need someone to test the fix, as I removed those unless lines and they might actually be needed, which would suck as I would have to replace-rename all over the place.
    Found two bugs for Recorder:
    1. Recorder's final quest in Brynlaw don't grey out when you finish the Quest. I think it's because the final act of notifying Recorder's son is updated as a Journal Entry rather than a Quest entry.
    2. At rest when you ask Recorder to help you learn the flute, it screws up all future at-rest-talks with every NPC. You still have the option to tell them that you want to spend time with them at-rest, but the option to do this when resting never pops up again.
    For some reason, Weidu sees Unless ~Characters~ as Unless Contains ~Characters~ rather than what I perceived it as, which was Unless *exactly* characters.

This meant they weren't added to two critical 2da files that handle party dialogue.

I just need someone to test the fix, as I removed those unless lines and they might actually be needed, which would suck as I would have to replace-rename all over the place.

Explain to me what/how) should I test considering me a 5 years old, and I'll gladly comply.
    1: It actually is a quest entry, but IIRC was missing being referenced in the tp2 file. I think I fixed this recently, if you downloaded it later than 5 days ago it will be the non-fixed version.

2: Fixed this, but you don't need to redownload it, I know heavy modded games are annoying to reinstall stuff on. Just use C:SetGlobal("X3RestActivated","GLOBAL",0)
    Frenzgyn wrote: »

Explain to me what/how) should I test considering me a 5 years old, and I'll gladly comply.

Sure! Two requirements:

Cheats enabled (Not hard required, but makes it so much faster to test.) Copy/Paste SetPrivateProfileString('Program Options','Debug Mode','1') in the baldur.lua file in your documents/Baldur's Gate Trilogy edition folder.
    An EET install.

1: Before installing EET end (Or uninstall it before starting step 1) Install Vienxay/Kale/Helga for BG1, then SkitiaNPCs after. (Not the other way as I presume it worked without issues if SkitiaNPCs is before my Baldur's Gate 1 content.)
    2: Jump to Area AR0700, and encounter to Vienxay, or play far enough into BG2 on an EET setup to get to Waukeen's Promenade. Make sure you have at least six hundred gold or so.
    3: Find Vienxay near the Adventure's Emporium.
    4: Recruit her into the party.
    5: Try to initiate dialogue with her. If she says Why you wish to waste my time with idle banter?, it's still broken. It will very likely work however.
    6: Repeat with Helga (Who is in the inn owned by the woman who dislikes men in the Waukeen's Promenade) and Kale (Who is outside one of the Copper Coronet doors.)
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand done.

Helga and Vienxay are working. Kale still insist on "Why you wish to waste my time with idle banter?".

Do you need I test something else before nuking this EET install? I don't know, some possible collateral bugs generated by the fix or similar things?
    edited June 2022
    Whoops, I didn't upload Kale's new file. It should work for him now after a redownload.
    edited June 2022
    Helga: Althkata, Long Desert Name Town in ToB that I can't spell.

Can you let me know more specifically how to start Helga's quest in Amekathran? I've walked everywhere in that town with Helga and didn't find anything to start the quest.

Edit: Nvm, looked at the script and it appears I needed to have Helga as part of the party in Saradush, and that didn't happen for me.

Also, there's an infinite loop when talking with Helga:

Oops. I have the loop fixed, just need a redownload.

Also, I can give you the global you would have needed/missed if you like to do the quest. Should be: Global("X3HelToBQuest","GLOBAL",1), you can set it to 1 and it will fire.

• mledmled Member Posts: 46
    Hi, I think maybe you may have forgotten a file in this mod

> ERROR: Sys_error("skitianpcs/lib/isaac_bg2.tpa: No such file or directory")
    edited June 2022
    I'm dumb and uploaded that line again.

I commented it out and uploaded a blank dummy file to ensure it won't happen twice as I'm sure I'll make that error again until the NPC is done.
    edited June 2022
    I wanted to announce a few different things, along with my plans for the future. I've been extremely active the past few days and have gotten a lot of progress on my 7th NPC, and I wanted to share some new things.
    • First, I created a discord, here. I thought it would be nice to add another avenue of support for people. Feel free to stop by! There's a feature request channel as well for those who just want to throw some ideas in the pot.
    • Second, I have a patreon, here. I mainly plan to use it to showcase mod progress videos. Everything will be public, it doesn't matter to me if you donate or not. It's not a business, just a hobby to me. But if you want to donate, go ahead! I'll mainly use it towards voice assets/portraits/music software costs, as those are expensive. There's a video showcasing Isaac's voice actor that I encourage to check out, they've even done work for Bethesda!
    • More importantly, I've been working on my mods the last several weeks pretty diligently, and I think I can have most of my projects done by October 1st, with a few things towards the end of the year.
    October 1st goals:
    • A 6th NPC, Isaac NPC for BG:EE SoD and BG2:EE, incorporated within Emily/Skitias NPCs respectively. This also comes with some changes to Emily's BG:EE and SoD quests.
    • Nalia for ToB, compatible for luvnalia/Arnel's Nalia Romance or/and the de'arnise romance, but I don't recommend having both installed.
    • An overhaul of Vienxay's quest for SkitiasNPC.
    • An addition to Helga's SoA quest, after its conclusion, to make it a bit more personal to the character.
    • Wilson Crossmod. (I nearly finished this a while ago but accidentally deleted the files.)
    • Sirene Crossmod for BG2.
    • Rest Talks expanded to include Nalia and Aerie, as well as the 7th NPC.
    • Fixes for bugs I found that haven't been reported.
    • Lots of journal entry fixes.
    • Some small changes to Emily's SoA quest, story will largely remain untouched.
    • Incorporating the approval system into BG1.
    • Changing Recorder's approval system to be the same as it is in BG2 for EET players. If you were a jerk to her in BG1/SoD she probably won't want to join you.
    After October 1st I would like to:
    • Expand Rest Talks to all characters, and make them more immersive if resting in inns (Characters be by beds, or bar tables, etc, depending on the scene.) I'm also considering finding some one good at making areas to make a small camp area for the outdoor rest talks.
    • Also planning to merge all of my NPCs in one BG:EE file, for those who don't want to download them all separately. I also plan to do a special EET version, so stat changes from BG1 are retained in BG2, as well as approval, so friendship/romances can be easier/harder, and relationships are more defined.
    • Outstanding bug fixes/feature changes for Wings. These are low priority for me at the moment, but game breaking bugs will always receive immediate attention.
    • Possibly expanding Rest Talks to BG:EE/SoD.
    There might be more that I am missing.
    Post edited by Skitia on
    Oops. I have the loop fixed, just need a redownload.

Also, I can give you the global you would have needed/missed if you like to do the quest. Should be: Global("X3HelToBQuest","GLOBAL",1), you can set it to 1 and it will fire.

Thank you. I'm also glad for the changes you plan to make.
  • mledmled Member Posts: 46
    I'm dumb and uploaded that line again.

I commented it out and uploaded a blank dummy file to ensure it won't happen twice as I'm sure I'll make that error again until the NPC is done.

Thank you!
    I wanted to announce a few different things, [...]

Wow... Promising, so many goals!(Don't burn out!)
    Wow.
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 880
    This looks great! I'm looking forward to trying out some of these NPCs (probably all of them eventually) once everything is ready. :)

A couple of quick questions:

1. If Isaac is the 7th NPC who is the 6th? (I'm aware of Recorder, Kale, Helga, Vienxay, and Emily -- whom am I missing?)

2. For the Wilson cross-mod talks, is the mod in question Lava's one?

Thanks!
    edited June 2022
    Isaac is the 6th NPC, whoops. If I am ever insane enough to do a 7th, it will have to be a collaboration with my fiancé as I am never making another NPC for the entire BG series again!

2: And yes, but I hope to make it work with Wilson in general, just with some banters associating specifically more with Lava's.

And a few small updates I did that are relevant for SkitiaNPCs and any EE work:
    -Made Emily's voice lines a bit louder.
    -Made Recorder's voice lines a bit softer.
    -Gave Vienxay's Shadow Jump a 20% Thaco improvement. This should give her a much better chance of making her special sneak attack connect in the early levels and when she's a mere level 5 in BG:EE.
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 880
    Thanks for the fast answer! :)