Skip to content

[v1.1] Skitia's NPCs For BG2:EE and EET

Comments

• bellboybellboy Member Posts: 4
    Skitia wrote: »
    bellboy wrote: »
    I’ll take a look at this when I get back home on Sunday. I’m guessing though that something is making Recorder invalid for the conversation, so it fires the invalid code block. I don’t think she needs to initiate the conversation, your character can do that.

I’ll also check on the Lady Hornkeeper bug, what chapter is your game on?

I talked to her first in Chapter 2, where she told me to come back when my reputation was higher. I returned to where she was in Chapter 3 with around 18 reputation.

Are you on EET or normal BG2:EE?

Normal BG2EE.
  • SkitiaSkitia Member Posts: 1,062
    Thanks, I finally figured out the cause. Future people who download the mod will be spared this pain.
  • OlorinielOloriniel Member Posts: 49
    I'm inferring that telling Recorder her voice is off, and her replying that she has to 'retune,' is the PID option you spoke of to reset her name if it's incorrect.

In my game, a cutscene began and hung, so I had to close and restart the game.
    That is the correct dialogue choice. But it's weird that multiple cutscenes for you are hanging. Something is off somewhere with your mods. That cutscene in particular shouldn't crash and only takes a few seconds for it to reassign all the voice lines.

If you only have a few mods installed, I would suggest uninstalling all of them and reinstalling them in the same order, then try the cutscene fix again.
    I have a *lot* of mods installed; in fact, part of the goal of the run was to turn up inconsistencies/incompatibilties for debugging, over at G3.

But aside from these two instances, I don't think I've really had issues with cutscenes hanging. Which doesn't mean it *does* have anything to do with your mod, could just be a bad interation somewhere.

Vienxay's quest was fun. Kale's? Well, he's got some growing up to do. Perhaps the most important kind of bravery isn't what bids us face dragons in their lairs. He hasn't commented since we said goodbye to Lilah, I presume there's some kind of closure/follow-up pending?

One issue I did have with Emily was that the leader of the Planar Hunters, at Feldpost's, turned up in the adjacent room. So once I found him over there I could begin the encounter, but an NPC who should have died, didn't, so the encounter was infinitely repeatable. But I'm *really* enjoying her storyline so far.
    I should add an additional dialogue to give better closure for Kale's. It's in my to-do list.

I've invested probably about two hundred hours in modding the last couple of months. Still, there's a bit of work to be done, so going to revise the goals a bit and do another update:

October 1st
    • The Nalia ToB Romance mod will be called Nalia At Last, and is still planned to be released on October 1st. It is standalone, so you can romance Nalia without any mods, or it works as a continuation of De'Arnise Romance and luvNalia, with four additional epilogues planned for now. Towards the End of September when everything is done I plan to reach out to the modders of the original works to make sure they are okay with its release. as I'd prefer to message them when the work is complete. The only thing really borrowed from the mods will be the love variable and relationship status (Married for luvNalia for example, which changes the conversations), along to referring to past conversations where rarely needed, but I still want to let them know. All the writing will be mine.

October 8th
    • Update for Emily for BG1/SoD to include Isaac, the Invisible Blade. This adds a Human Lawful Evil Kitted Thief NPC who can dual class into a fighter or mage, the normal banters, player initiated dialogue, quest and approval. Emily will also be updated to have approval. A unique element about Isaac is his quest interlashes with Emily's quest in both BG1 and SoD, and you may have to make decisions that will harm the other's goals. He has a similiar minor romance in SoD that other Beamdog NPCs have if you pursue it.
    • SkitiaNPCs will include Isaac, finishing his story from the first one in SoA. Like most of the other NPCs, he will have banters, rest talks, player initiated dialogue, a romance, and some fluffy content.
    • SkitiaNPCs will have flirts added. They will largely expand on the private conversation PIDs. NPC intiiated flirts might have another Skitia NPC react positively or negatively depending on their personality or thoughts of the player.
    • Vienxay's quest was changed, and Helga's has some additional content. There will also be lots of bug fixes I probably forget to document.
    I'll be inactive for almost the rest of October, I'll be able to do support for a week and then will be getting married and then going on a honeymoon!
    November:
    • Outstanding bug fixes/feature changes for Wings. These are low priority for me at the moment, but game breaking bugs will always receive immediate attention.
    • Adding Romance music for Nalia/Isaac. I don't think I'll be able to do this in October as funds are too low to get the needed music software and expensive music library to create the songs.
    2023:
    • Expand Rest Talks to all characters, and make them more immersive if resting in inns (Characters be by beds, or bar tables, etc, depending on the scene.) I'm also considering finding some one good at making areas to make a small camp area for the outdoor rest talks.
    • Also planning to merge all of my NPCs in one BG:EE file, for those who don't want to download them all separately. I also plan to do a special EET version, so stat changes from BG1 are retained in BG2, as well as approval, so friendship/romances can be easier/harder, and relationships are more defined.
    • Possibly expanding Rest Talks to BG:EE/SoD.

I enjoyed Emily's interjections! It was well worth having her in the party for that meeting in Chapter 10.

I never did unlock Recorder's quest. Maybe it was the name thing, I never had an option to give her the letter, something didn't work. Oh well, better luck next time.

Any hints about your character's SoA quests? Where I should take them to start them, for instance?

Looking forward to the above, particularly the Nalia expansion! Will have to prioritize her next run!
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 880
    Thanks for the update! :)
    edited August 2022
    Oloriniel wrote: »
    I never did unlock Recorder's quest. Maybe it was the name thing, I never had an option to give her the letter, something didn't work. Oh well, better luck next time.

Any hints about your character's SoA quests? Where I should take them to start them, for instance?

I'll double check the letter giving, you have to do it when you meet her, else it doesn't come up again. I should look to add it in PID in case people forget.

I'll put quest hints in spoiler.
    Emily will point you to the Order of the Radiant Heart and an estate in the Government District. They entail settling a dispute between merchants and obtaining high reputation. It can be started right away. The current version has no timelimit, but the upcoming big update will have a time limit.

Recorder's quest will start with an area transition ambush that will happen naturally. Eventually though it will point to the Docks District inn and continue when you go to Brynnlaw. Her quest remains unchanged with the upcoming update so far.

Kale's quest starts in the Temple of Ilmatear in the Slums and will continue in the Docks. It can be started right away. Kale's quest remains unchanged with the future update, but Helga's quest in the update can potentially put his on pause, so for ease you should do Kale->Helga in quest priority as a recommendation.

Helga's quest doesn't even require Helga, you talk to a noble man in the Copper Coronet to start, or a man will approach you while outside one of its doors. In the future, Helga will have a quest that requires her after you finish this quest and point you to the inn with the theater in the Bridge District.

Vienxay's quest will start after a few talks and point you to the Temple of Oghma. From there, you go to the Umar Hills, where it will pause for a bit until you get to the Underdark, and then resume. In the future, a few aspects of Vienxay's quest will change and one outcome will change her class to a Shadowdancer along with her alignment to True Neutral. Also doing her quest can pause the upcoming NPC's Isaac's temporarily and vice-versa, but it's easier to finish Isaac's all the way through and then resume Vienxay's.
  • UlkeshUlkesh Member Posts: 210
    Thanks for the update.

My best wishes for you.
    Having an issue with Kale's quest; I can't start it. When I talk to the priest at the Temple of Ilmater, I just get the two default responses.

I did some digging in .dlg files, and the only additions I see are for Skie's resurrection in another mod. Was wondering if that had messed it up, but no, it was installed prior to yours. So, I've no idea what to try.
    Also, after I brought Emily into the party, Kale started interrupting, saying "Hello there" about every 30 seconds. Nothing else, just that.
    Weird. I’ll look into both. I’m not able to get to my pc until tomorrow, but I’ll probably ask for some variables to help me debug.
    edited September 2022
    Can you check SLILMAT, state 0 if you're peering around Nearinfinity? This one should be in the slums temple by the way. First or second, depending on how it was coded, it's possible Kale's line got skipped and won't fire or not everything was installed, which could also explain the dialogue firing but nothing being said issue.

For the other one, can you see if it's a friendship talk firing? Selecting and hovering over Kale, use Get:Global("X3KalTalk","LOCALS") and see what its number is.

I removed some block that had no dialogue attached to it, but it would only fire once so I don't think its the culprit.
  • kiwidockiwidoc Member Posts: 1,437
    edited September 2022
    I have gone to the Jysstev mansion to see sir Sarles, and Emily has also asked to see Lord Jurgenson. We were told he is in the guest rooms. I can only find one bedroom, and there is a Jurgenson guard there. However I can't find Lord Jurgenson anywhere. I've also found Godfrey Hornkeeper and spoken to him with Emily (interesting dialogue!) but can't find his mum.
    Another thing to note - I only got one chance at the Jurgenson dialogue with Lord or Lady Jysstev's butler. I couldn't do the Sir Sarles quest and come back for the Jergenson thing. Is that deliberate?
    They'll spawn regardless of whether you talk to the Butler, but EET versions have a bug where I didn't do the right chapter check so they disappear.

Try spawning Lord Jurgenson ("X3EGVJ") and Lady Charmaine ("X3ECH") outside of their respective areas. Or try typing Global("X3ECHSpawn","GLOBAL",-1) and Global("X3EGVJSpawn","GLOBAL",-1) before creating them in their areas. The game likes to eat them on creation and it has been bugging me why it happens to them but not the secondary minor NPCs.
    Can you check SLILMAT, state 0 if you're peering around Nearinfinity? This one should be in the slums temple by the way. First or second, depending on how it was coded, it's possible Kale's line got skipped and won't fire or not everything was installed, which could also explain the dialogue firing but nothing being said issue.

Response 7 is Kale's, if:
    IsValidForPartyDialogue("X3Kal")
    Global("X3KalQuest","GLOBAL",0)

In my game, X3KALQUEST GLOBAL does not exist. And X3KALTALK LOCALS is set to 2.

edited September 2022
    Set Global("X3KalTalk","LOCALS") to -1 for testing purposes (C:SetGlobal("X3KalTalk","LOCALS",-1) while hovering over Kale and having Kale clicked.

If it stops him from firing his dialogue, then that is the culprit, and the game files are a bit whacked. Otherwise we'll have to do more variable hunting.

Is this EET or a regular playthrough?
  • kiwidockiwidoc Member Posts: 1,437
    Thanks for the help. They both spawned with no problems, and I could interact with them fine :}
    It's EET.

Changed the variable to -1 didn't change anything.

I think I found it, though. "MULTIG.DLG."
    State 0 is what Kale says when I click him to invite him back to the party, with two responses (rejoin or keep waiting).
    State 1 is what he says when I dismiss him from the party.
    State 2 is a "Hello there" if Charname is male. There's no response.
    State 3 is a "Hello there" if Charname is female. There's no response.
    edited September 2022
    kiwidoc wrote: »
    Thanks for the help. They both spawned with no problems, and I could interact with them fine :}

Awesome!
    Oloriniel wrote: »
    It's EET.

Changed the variable to -1 didn't change anything.

I think I found it, though. "MULTIG.DLG."
    State 0 is what Kale says when I click him to invite him back to the party, with two responses (rejoin or keep waiting).
    State 1 is what he says when I dismiss him from the party.
    State 2 is a "Hello there" if Charname is male. There's no response.
    State 3 is a "Hello there" if Charname is female. There's no response.

How long ago did you download my mod? A certain version has the bug where Kale uses MULTIG.DLG in EET because Weidu makes a rare silly.

The current version has it fixed.

Now I know redownloading can be a pain for big mod playthroughs, so besides redownloading and reinstalling SkitiaNPCs, solution two is to give Kale non-multiplayer dialogue by hand.

Append pdialog2da with:
    X3Kal X3KalP X3KalJ X3KalD X3Kal25P X3Kal25J X3Kal25D X3Kal25
    on a new line

Then append interdia2da with:
    X3Kal BX3Kal BX3Kal25
    on a new line.

EET wouldn't add this line because Weidu would see X3Kale from the first one and say "That's close enough!" and apparently reads it as a "Contains" and not an equals. Bug or feature, I'm not sure.

That should fix it entirely by itself, but if not, open your save with nearinifinity, and force him to use X3Kal as his dialogue file (It may still be giving him a different one.) Then it will for sure work, but this step shouldn't be needed. I tackled this bug a couple of months ago when someone was playing on Vienxay and finding the issue with her, but not Emily/Recorder. I still hate Weidu for the hours it cost me.
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    @Skitia
    What's a full list of mods your mods have cross-mod content with?

Thankee!
    edited September 2022
    In BG1, it is Artisan's, so Aura/Drake/Sirene. They'll recognize Verr'Sza from Lava and Ishy (and Sandrah in upcoming update), but I never wrote banters with them. It's funny because I used Verr'Sza to help me get started with BG1, but it cost me so many hours because I was originally having Vienxay spawn inside one of the inn floors like Verr'Sza was, and it just wasn't working. I only learned later about writing the area script into area files that don't have it.

In BG2, it is currently Petsy, Yvette, Wings (Emily can be asked about a bow from it), Nalia At Last (Rest Talks will work with Nalia's romance variables, and in ToB Nalia can be asked to do a Rest Talk), Aura (Written but Aura mod is still Unreleased), and I think a couple of lines recognizing Sirene but no banters yet. They also have full crossmod with eachother, and are designed to be used that way.

I have some banters with Wilson coming. The original mod doesn't have any, as I've never taken the character along.

Actually this is probably a good time to talk about what I will do after the big October (November if I get too overwhelmed) update.

My goal is to do a ton of crossmod. I want people to be able to play my NPCs but also with their favorites. Obviously, my content is richest with eachother in BG2, my goal was always to have them interact in more than just a few timed banters, I wanted them to have history with eachother. For example, Emily and Recorder are good friends from their time before even if you didn't take them in BG1/SoD (Recorder has a slight unrequited crush on Emily, even.), Kale and Helga were from the same adventuring party, and no one likes Vienxay much. With isaac, my sixth NPC, he has a slight enemy/rival relationship with Emily, while Vienxay views him as entirely inferior to herself.

With other mods that can be hard to do, especially if they're constantly being updated, but I'd like to at least make some attempts so it feels as if they are a party, rather than suddenly silent at everything the other NPC says outside of banter. But at the very least I want to have a lot of banters with a lot of different mods, so their is some content with everyone people like. There are a couple of other mods with a lot of banters that I know of, but they are not given the best light.

I don't consider my mods to be the finest written NPC mods (That goes to Lava IMO) or the most creative or mechanically fun (That goes to Artisan) but my eventual goal is try to at least have the most interactivity.

I also want to finish adding rest talks for all beamdog/Bioware NPCs just so the feature doesn't feel Skitia NPC specific. I'm planning on combining my BG1 mods together into one and give them more interactivity. I'm also considering an EET specific version that combines both BG1 and BG2 together, uses the same approval from the very beginning, and better recognizes the continuity of the relationship. But that will come after every other goal is hit because I want to make sure I've added everything I can, since then I'll be supporting two versions of the same mod. And after that? Probably just support, or looking to make areas.

On Crossmod I want to add specifically? Kale with BG2 Alora for sure they have history from BG1 that makes him not recognizing her very awkward to me. Lava's new half-orc NPC because Lava is wonderful and deserves all the love. Glam_Vrock because his NPCs are a riot and deserve more recognition. Isaac and Emily with Sirene in BG2 because I still haven't written for her yet. But I would like to eventually cross with just about every NPC mod...except a couple that are a little too weird.
    Post edited by Skitia on
  • MothorMothor Member Posts: 245
    Nalia ToB Romance mod still planned to be released on the 1st October? *sweats*

Waiting eagerly. :)
    Nalia At Last is going very well. In fact, I wrote several thousand lines of code for it alone in the last 2 days.

But I am getting a bit of burnout so the updates to my SkitiaNPCs BG1 and BG2 content might slow down a bit, possibly October 30th and November 30th. I don't think I am going to be able to realistically mod much in October, but the BG1 content is close enough to be doing done that I should find time to wrap it up towards the very beginning and end of the month.

To keep the 30th theme going, Nalia is going to be moved one day earlier to September 30th.
  • MothorMothor Member Posts: 245
    edited September 2022
    Yay, nice to see that Nalia is doing well!!! :)

A shame that SkitiaNPCs will need to wait a bit longer but patience is a virtue as they say. Excited for Isaac NPC and for the added flirts for SkitiaNPCs once they get done.

Good times ahead for BG fans^^
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    Thankee!

May we have cross mod with Saradas? https://github.com/SpellholdStudios/Saradas_Magic_for_BG2
    I'll think about it! I'll have to play it first.

Unfortunately I have to drop more bad news: I will have to evacuate my home in about 24 hours or so due to the coming hurricane. I won't be able to mod at all and there's no way I'll make my deadline.

I've already released a beta version of Nalia at Last on my github, so will do a release of what is there, but I won't be able to provide much support or do an official release until I can come back home.
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,703
    I think I can safely say that we care way more about your safety, than the fact there will be a delay in a few releases! Seriously, just... stay safe, @Skitia!