Skip to content

[v1.1] Skitia's NPCs For BG2:EE and EET

Comments

• SkitiaSkitia Member Posts: 1,054
    Thanks! I have all the banters done now, so more progress is done everyday.
    megamike15
  • Eltharion1979Eltharion1979 Member Posts: 92
    Hello, I'm looking forward to add this great mod, to my Baldur's Gate 2 playthrough. I have one question, the NPCs characters, will have their own voice, sounds sets? Thank you for this new amazing mod, take care.
    Hello, I'm looking forward to add this great mod, to my Baldur's Gate 2 playthrough. I have one question, the NPCs characters, will have their own voice, sounds sets? Thank you for this new amazing mod, take care.

Yes, they are all voiced.
    Eltharion1979Caszidy
  • NivduNivdu Member Posts: 2
    any ETA for play test of ur mod? hyped for it, and reserving myself time for next playthru BG2 atm
  • MothorMothor Member Posts: 244
    Congrats on the release!!!

A few questions if I may:

1. Do both romances and friendships from BG1 continue on this release?

2. Can one start a friendship in BG2 without playing BG1 first?

3. Can I romance Recorder with an human or an elf aside from a halfling/dwarf/gnome? I rarely play with those 3 races. Perhaps a higher char stat to romance her with taller races?

4. Are there player initiated dialogs whether as flirts or/and friendship talks?

5. Any romance conflicts among the new companions as well as between the new companions and vanilla BG2 NPCs?

Cheers!
    Caszidy
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    yeah i can see you getting burnt out due to all the work you have done. 6 npc mods, finishing up someone else mod, doing your own take on a romance mod thought dead for years. all in 2 years i'd want to not make more stuff after that either.
    Caszidy
    Plus I'd like to mod for BG3 once it is out of Early Access. And I'm curious about making a module in the NWN Toolset too. The scripting in NWN opens up a lot more possibilities you don't have in the Infinity Engine. And most of all I want to go back to playing, so I'm looking forward to much lighter mod-work.
    megamike15CaszidyIsewein
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    @Skitia
    Thankee again for your tremendous modding work and spiffy results! Alleluia!
    Skitia wrote: »
    Plus I'd like to mod for BG3 once it is out of Early Access. And I'm curious about making a module in the NWN Toolset too. The scripting in NWN opens up a lot more possibilities you don't have in the Infinity Engine. And most of all I want to go back to playing, so I'm looking forward to much lighter mod-work.

Will you still provide some bugfixing (especially if someone discovers a game breaking bug) in your mods after they are considered 100% finished?
  • Viper_AlveinViper_Alvein Member Posts: 22
    edited September 2020
    Well, in good news! It installs on EET! In bad news, I'll have no idea if it works or not for quite some time XD. When I eventually get there i'll be sure to update you. Fortunately I have a backup folder made at the installation point where I installed the bg2 portion so it won't be as much of a hassle to update the install when the full version releases!
    But thanks for your hard work! I just picked up Helga in BG1, and i'm already looking forward to what's next :)
  • masteralephmasteraleph Member Posts: 270
    Really looking forward to the DeArnise Romance piece- my favorite NPC (I know, I'm weird- I like Nalia, don't find Anomen that annoying, and my favorite D&D edition is actually 4e), and I'm really happy to be getting more content.
    Mothor wrote: »

Will you still provide some bugfixing (especially if someone discovers a game breaking bug) in your mods after they are considered 100% finished?

I'll always provide support. I imagine there will always be a question in the future or some obscure bug found by one of those rarely found dialogues that you write.
    Mothor
    Really looking forward to the DeArnise Romance piece- my favorite NPC (I know, I'm weird- I like Nalia, don't find Anomen that annoying, and my favorite D&D edition is actually 4e), and I'm really happy to be getting more content.

i feel nalia would be liked better if she had more mods to flesh her out. all she has is her romance mod and reunion.

this really helped out yoshimo for example.
    From what I've read, the deArnise Romance mod only had SoA content, but fans were eager for ToB content that flowed well.
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    By all rights, Nalia shouldn't even be available in ToB - and if she is summoned, she should be ticked off about it. (I believe she is if she isn't in the party when you start ToB) Whether you liked her in SoA or not, she is an Amnian noble with her own keep and lands by the end of that game (assuming you helped her clear the place out).

Slumming it with a group of adventurers is "beneath her station" by the time your party is on its way to Saradush.
    Isewein
    She isn't ticked off at all if she is summoned. She actually speaks as if she was expecting it, and probably gives the most insight on how the whole summoning aspect works. She's matured, an archmage with her power, believing her station and power is the best way to influence the change she's always envisioned. That's why she gets a voice set change as soon as Chapter 8 starts, with some of her old lines being swapped out for ones fitting her changes.

Some say she's become more neutral, but her alignment isn't really any different, she's just become more experienced and impacted by all that she's seen.

megamike15Caedwyrrossbach451
    tob is very important to nalia's development like with aerie's. so saying she should not be there is false. no party member should be excluded from tob.
    @megamike15 Tell that to Yoshimo and Dynaheir!
    Endarire wrote: »
    @megamike15 Tell that to Yoshimo and Dynaheir!

well thanks to mods they are both in tob.

turnabout for them both.

and yoshimo has his romance mod where he has one short scene at the end. and yoshimo's remorse lets him be a full on party member.
    I think I've run into a bug while playing the test version.

When I arrive at the temple district I get a conversation with Vienxay regarding temples. Once the talk is over if I attempt a PID with her then instead of being able to ask her about stuff she just repeats the previous talk about temples. So I cannot ask her about anything anymore.

An even bigger problem is that I do not get new talks from her over time (time based talks) but instead the same one about temples.

:(
    I’ll fix it in the next update. Fixing the temple one will fix everything else.
    edited October 2020
    Okay, .83 should have it fixed, as well as a slew of other bugs I found.

However, since the Temple Talk is a unique talk and not a friendship talk (And it was in error increasing the friendship talk), you'll need the console to fix that. Just type in the console C:SetGlobal("X3VieTalk","LOCALS",3) while pointing at Vienxay or her portrait with your cursor. (You can use 5 or 7 instead of 3, depending n how many you remember having (1,2,3, respectively with my examples.)

.83 should also add another portion of ToB commentary, and I should have the rest of the ToB writing done this weekend. Then it's just adding in some crossmod and music and I'll release a more stable 1.00 version.
    bi1bphuvqfow.png
    Mothormegamike15
    edited October 2020
    Okay, .83 should have it fixed, as well as a slew of other bugs I found.

However, since the Temple Talk is a unique talk and not a friendship talk (And it was in error increasing the friendship talk), you'll need the console to fix that. Just type in the console C:SetGlobal("X3VieTalk","LOCALS",3) while pointing at Vienxay or her portrait with your cursor. (You can use 5 or 7 instead of 3, depending n how many you remember having (1,2,3, respectively with my examples.)

.83 should also add another portion of ToB commentary, and I should have the rest of the ToB writing done this weekend. Then it's just adding in some crossmod and music and I'll release a more stable 1.00 version.
    bi1bphuvqfow.png

Thank you, so the console is enough to fix this problem and I do not need to reinstall the mod?

Hmmm, so the talk was indeed area dependant (it makes sense as it always started there for me). Does the number refer to other area related talks or special talks (not necessarily area dependant) overall?

I already visited all areas in the city of Athkatla but the temple talk seemed to be the only unique talk to me.
    I tried imputting the console code while pointing at Vienxay but her next talks are still the repeated one about the temples. :(
    edited October 2020
    If you're not installing the new mod, you'll also need to type: C:SetGlobal("X3VTempleTalk","LOCALS",3) while pointing at her.

If you did install the new version, for those who had it fire it will repeat but only one more time and you only need to fix the local talk.
    Thank you, it seems to have worked. :)
    Strange, despite having Recorder in my party for quite a while I did not get any time based conversation with her yet unlike with Vienxay and Emily.

Does she start these after a specific plot point in the game (chapter 3 or 4) or could it be a bug? I'm still in chapter 2.