Skip to content

Icewind Dale 2: Enhanced Edition is almost here!

Comments

• KreatoRKreatoR Member Posts: 36
    edited December 2021
    OlvynChuru wrote: »
    KreatoR wrote: »
    2.11.5. version

Huh. Well, it's working for me.

I tried checking if I skipped it on installation but nope, my party is still in Targos docks maybe you dont get exp from the start for locks and traps?

EDIT: I tried reinstalling everything with the source codes zip files but I still dont get exp from locks and traps in Targos Docks atleast (dont have time to play more right now).
    Maybe I didnt install it properly, everything else seems to be working for now atleast.
    Post edited by KreatoR on
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    2.11.5. version

I tried checking if I skipped it on installation but nope, my party is still in Targos docks maybe you dont get exp from the start for locks and traps?

EDIT: I tried reinstalling everything with the source codes zip files but I still dont get exp from locks and traps in Targos Docks atleast (dont have time to play more right now).
    Maybe I didnt install it properly, everything else seems to be working for now atleast.

Oh, right. Keep in mind that the experience you get for picking locks is equal to to twice the "lock difficulty", and some of the locks in the Targos Docks have a lock difficulty of 0, so they don't give experience.
    2.11.5. version

Oh, right. Keep in mind that the experience you get for picking locks is equal to to twice the "lock difficulty", and some of the locks in the Targos Docks have a lock difficulty of 0, so they don't give experience.

Phew I was worried for a moment! Happy new year and all the best to you and the whole developement team!
  • RahonaOstrimoRahonaOstrimo Member Posts: 40
    Happy new years :)
    I am so excited so follow the development of this mod. The original game has such a dig depth I terms of team organisation and play style, the class changes really extends the motivation for some of the obsolete classes (rogue, ranger, barbarian, paladin)

It is a tremendous effort for sure, looking forward to try it some day!
    Kind regards
    Rahona
  • noneofxcessnoneofxcess Member Posts: 2
    This is clearly not the place to ask this, but is there a way I can play test ICD2 EE? And if so where or who should I ask?
    thanks!
  • TonkoJavorTonkoJavor Member Posts: 9
    edited January 2022
    Loving it so far, will write an in-depth review once I'm done! (currently finishing the Ice Temple)

But I just gotta say that I almost wept tears of joy watching my single-class rogue shredding her way through enemies! The instant-restealth smoke bombs finally make it viable to play a pure rogue, and the added sneak attacks coupled with many new feats makes it fun and fulfilling! Gone are the days of mandatory multi-classing for martial classes just to remain useful! The added arcane and divine spells are also loads of fun: pulling hostile casters into the middle of your group to insta-gib them being just one of many new dastardly tactics! The expanded potion selection is also very welcome, and adds a lot to combat! (the new potion-concocting feat is such a clever use of in-game store mechanics, I laughed when I first saw it but it soon became a fast favored on my wizard)

Apart from a small handful of bugged items (I'll list them all in my review), the only other noticeable problem I've had so far is that none of the new NPCs have options to join the party! Veira, Vrek Vileclaw, Vunarg, Zack Boosenburry, Xhaan - none of them have offered to join up (I double-checked that I installed this component correctly). I don't know if that's because everyone in my crew has a good alignment, or because I'm running a full 6-person squad. Whatever the reason, I couldn't recruit any of the aforementioned NPCs (I looked through all dialogue options that were offered, and none led to recruitment). Another issue is that the enhanced-edition type auto-loot bar never shows up for me, I have no idea why.

One other tiny quibble I have (and this is more a balancing issue than anything), is that paladins remain almost as useless as before, even with the new class revision component. I always take a Fighter 4 / Paladin X simply for the role-play aspect, but I feel like they need to be shown a bit more love. They have inferior feat progression to a fighter, inferior spell progression to a cleric, and such steep attribute requirements that rolling anything under 90 at chargen stretches them waaaay too thin and counteracts any supposed bonuses they should bring to the table as a martial-divine spellcasting hybrid. If I had my way, I'd probably give them even more divine spells, much sooner, and a bit beefier feat progression (not as much as a pure fighter, but not far off either). The biggest problem with the class itself is that they don't really have a dump stat (13 INT being needed for some of the new top-tier offensive feats, or Expertise if you're tanking), so buffing their spell and feat progression would go a long way toward justifying their place on the party's roster. Another huge issue is that the whole draw of the paladin is being able to fight almost as well as a pure fighter while also bringing clerical magics to the fore, but the way IWD2 implements paladin spell progression is just sad - even at level 15 there's so few spells to cast per day that the paladin feels more like a gimped fighter 90% of the time (the other 10% being semi-powerful for the couple of rounds that their spell are up). Consider perhaps making empowered paladins another optional component (even more to what they already get from the class revisions component in IWD2EE!), so purist players aren't affected, and paladin lovers like myself can get their cake and enjoy it!

Oh and the attribute re-rolling feature during chargen is a godsend, I had so much fun rolling those 90+ scores! :)
    The Battle Square in the Ice Temple was also a lifesaver, I have no idea how I ever played without it!

All in all, extremely well done mod enhanced edition so far, I'll report back when I finish the whole game!

EDIT/P.S. You guys should seriously hit up Beamdog to get this sanctioned/official, and maybe even as part of a supported IWD2EE! It's so good, that it makes me sad knowing how few people will ever get to play it! Many folks out there aren't really tech-savvy, and won't touch anything that's not stamped with an official seal of approval. I honestly believe IWD2EE is good enough to package as an official product - the only thing missing is wide-screen support. (I had to install this widescreen mod, and set it to 1360x760, which is perhaps why I'm not seeing the auto-loot bar in my game?)
    Post edited by TonkoJavor on
    TonkoJavor wrote: »
    Loving it so far, will write an in-depth review once I'm done! (currently finishing the Ice Temple)

But I just gotta say that I almost wept tears of joy watching my single-class rogue shredding her way through enemies! The instant-restealth smoke bombs finally make it viable to play a pure rogue, and the added sneak attacks coupled with many new feats makes it fun and fulfilling! Gone are the days of mandatory multi-classing for martial classes just to remain useful! The added arcane and divine spells are also loads of fun: pulling hostile casters into the middle of your group to insta-gib them being just one of many new dastardly tactics! The expanded potion selection is also very welcome, and adds a lot to combat! (the new potion-concocting feat is such a clever use of in-game store mechanics, I laughed when I first saw it but it soon became a fast favored on my wizard)

Apart from a small handful of bugged items (I'll list them all in my review), the only other noticeable problem I've had so far is that none of the new NPCs have options to join the party! Veira, Vrek Vileclaw, Vunarg, Zack Boosenburry, Xhaan - none of them have offered to join up (I double-checked that I installed this component correctly). I don't know if that's because everyone in my crew has a good alignment, or because I'm running a full 6-person squad. Whatever the reason, I couldn't recruit any of the aforementioned NPCs (I looked through all dialogue options that were offered, and none led to recruitment). Another issue is that the enhanced-edition type auto-loot bar never shows up for me, I have no idea why.

One other tiny quibble I have (and this is more a balancing issue than anything), is that paladins remain almost as useless as before, even with the new class revision component. I always take a Fighter 4 / Paladin X simply for the role-play aspect, but I feel like they need to be shown a bit more love. They have inferior feat progression to a fighter, inferior spell progression to a cleric, and such steep attribute requirements that rolling anything under 90 at chargen stretches them waaaay too thin and counteracts any supposed bonuses they should bring to the table as a martial-divine spellcasting hybrid. If I had my way, I'd probably give them even more divine spells, much sooner, and a bit beefier feat progression (not as much as a pure fighter, but not far off either). The biggest problem with the class itself is that they don't really have a dump stat (13 INT being needed for some of the new top-tier offensive feats, or Expertise if you're tanking), so buffing their spell and feat progression would go a long way toward justifying their place on the party's roster. Another huge issue is that the whole draw of the paladin is being able to fight almost as well as a pure fighter while also bringing clerical magics to the fore, but the way IWD2 implements paladin spell progression is just sad - even at level 15 there's so few spells to cast per day that the paladin feels more like a gimped fighter 90% of the time (the other 10% being semi-powerful for the couple of rounds that their spell are up). Consider perhaps making empowered paladins another optional component (even more to what they already get from the class revisions component in IWD2EE!), so purist players aren't affected, and paladin lovers like myself can get their cake and enjoy it!

Oh and the attribute re-rolling feature during chargen is a godsend, I had so much fun rolling those 90+ scores! :)
    The Battle Square in the Ice Temple was also a lifesaver, I have no idea how I ever played without it!

All in all, extremely well done mod enhanced edition so far, I'll report back when I finish the whole game!

EDIT/P.S. You guys should seriously hit up Beamdog to get this sanctioned/official, and maybe even as part of a supported IWD2EE! It's so good, that it makes me sad knowing how few people will ever get to play it! Many folks out there aren't really tech-savvy, and won't touch anything that's not stamped with an official seal of approval. I honestly believe IWD2EE is good enough to package as an official product - the only thing missing is wide-screen support. (I had to install this widescreen mod, and set it to 1360x760, which is perhaps why I'm not seeing the auto-loot bar in my game?)

You need to have less than 6 party members to get the NPCs to join your party. And the quick loot bar is turned off by default for some reason, you righclick the inventory icon to turn it on.
    edited January 2022
    You need to have less than 6 party members to get the NPCs to join your party. And the quick loot bar is turned off by default for some reason, you righclick the inventory icon to turn it on.
    Thanks for the info - I kicked out one of my partymembers, but still have no recruit options from Zack at the Ice Temple. Perhaps he only offers it during the introductory convo/node?

As for the quick loot bar, I get a crash when right-clicking the inventory icon to enable it.
    Gonna copy-paste the crash log into the spoiler below:

IEex Log opened - 04/01/2022 18:40:41
    [*] Game Information:
    Filename: C:\Games\Icewind Dale II\IWD2.exe
    Filesize: 5029888
    FileVersion: 2.0.1.0
    ProductName: Icewind Dale II
    ProductVersion: 2, 0, 1, 0

[*] Options:
    Log: 3
    Lua: 0
    Hex: 1
    Msg: 1

[*] Debug Information:
    hProcess: 0xFFFFFFFF
    hModule: 0x10000000
    OEP: 0x007E9A68
    BaseAddress: 0x00400000
    ImageSize: 0x00621000
    AddressStart: 0x00400000
    AddressFinish: 0x00A21000
    PE Sections: 4
    .text address: 0x00401000
    .text size: 0x00446000

[*] IEexLuaInit:
    g_lua: 0x001E01C0

Loading IEex lua file: C:\Games\Icewind Dale II\override\M__IEex.lua
    Successfully loaded IEex lua file
    Executing IEex lua file

INFO:
    INFO: _luaL_loadstring: 0x100039C2
    INFO: _lua_rawgeti: 0x10003A16
    INFO: _l_log_print: 0x10001BB0
    INFO: _lua_gettop: 0x100039E0
    INFO: _lua_objlen: 0x10003A1C
    INFO: _lua_pushlightuserdata: 0x100039F8
    INFO: _lua_pushvalue: 0x10003A10
    INFO: _lua_touserdata: 0x10003A46
    INFO: _lua_getfield: 0x100039DA
    INFO: _malloc: 0x75BA7580
    INFO: _SDL_LogV: 0x10001C70
    INFO: _lua_pushcclosure: 0x100039F2
    INFO: __imp__GetProcAddress: 0x76C55F20
    INFO: _lua_toboolean: 0x10003A34
    INFO: _lua_typename: 0x10003A52
    INFO: _free: 0x75BA73A0
    INFO: _lua_settable: 0x10003A28
    INFO: _lua_settop: 0x10003A2E
    INFO: _lua_setfield: 0x10003A22
    INFO: _lua_pushstring: 0x10003A0A
    INFO: _lua_pcall: 0x100039EC
    INFO: _luaL_loadfilex: 0x100039BC
    INFO: _lua_pushlstring: 0x100039FE
    INFO: _lua_createtable: 0x100039D4
    INFO: __ftol2_sse: 0x75BFB160
    INFO: _SDL_Log: 0x10001C20
    INFO: _luaL_openlibs: 0x100039CE
    INFO: _g_lua: 0x1E01C0
    INFO: _lua_type: 0x10003A4C
    INFO: _lua_tonumber: 0x10003A40
    INFO: _lua_tolstring: 0x10003A3A
    INFO: _lua_pushnumber: 0x10003A04
    INFO: _luaL_newstate: 0x100039C8
    INFO: __imp__LoadLibraryA: 0x76C62990
    INFO:
    INFO: IEex startup completed successfully!
    INFO: [1562437] [ASSERT FAILED] Not in Sync THREAD
    stack traceback:
    override/IEex_Key_State.lua:1142: in function <override/IEex_Key_State.lua:1140>
    INFO: [1623953] IEex detected crash; Lua traceback ->
    stack traceback:
    [C]: in function 'IEex_ReadDword'
    override/IEex_Gui_State.lua:134: in function 'IEex_Quickloot_IsPanelActive'
    override/IEex_Gui_State.lua:1595: in function <override/IEex_Gui_State.lua:1588>

@OlvynChuru
    Any idea why quickloot is crashing the game for me? Apart from that, IWD2EE has worked perfectly so far - I haven't run into any engine problems or saving/loading/crashing issues. I'm also using Icewind Dale II GUI fix for Widescreen version 1.04c - november 2021 to center the UI - could this be causing the quickloot crashes?
    @OlvynChuru
    Any idea why quickloot is crashing the game for me? Apart from that, IWD2EE has worked perfectly so far - I haven't run into any engine problems or saving/loading/crashing issues. I'm also using Icewind Dale II GUI fix for Widescreen version 1.04c - november 2021 to center the UI - could this be causing the quickloot crashes?

You need to install widescreen mod before you install EE for it to work properly if i remember it correctly.

IWD2EE already does empower paladins significantly. Paladins and rangers get more spell slots than in the base game, and get new spell levels MUCH faster. Here's the spell slots table for paladins in the original game:
    Character Level
    |
    v	1	2	3	4	5	6 <- Spell Level
    1	0	0	0	0	0	0
    2	0	0	0	0	0	0
    3	0	0	0	0	0	0
    4	1	0	0	0	0	0
    5	1	0	0	0	0	0
    6	1	0	0	0	0	0
    7	1	0	0	0	0	0
    8	1	1	0	0	0	0
    9	1	1	0	0	0	0
    10	1	1	0	0	0	0
    11	1	1	1	0	0	0
    12	1	1	1	0	0	0
    13	1	1	1	0	0	0
    14	2	1	1	1	0	0
    15	2	1	1	1	0	0
    16	2	2	1	1	0	0
    17	2	2	2	1	0	0
    18	3	2	2	1	0	0
    19	3	3	3	2	0	0
    20	3	3	3	3	0	0
    21	4	3	3	3	1	0
    22	4	3	3	3	1	0
    23	4	4	3	3	1	0
    24	4	4	4	3	1	0
    25	4	4	4	4	1	0
    26	4	4	4	4	2	0
    27	5	4	4	4	2	0
    28	5	5	4	4	2	0
    29	5	5	5	4	2	1
    30	5	5	5	5	3	1

And here's the spell slots table for paladins in IWD2EE:
    Character Level
    |
    v	1	2	3	4	5	6 <- Spell Level
    1	0	0	0	0	0	0
    2	1	0	0	0	0	0
    3	1	0	0	0	0	0
    4	2	0	0	0	0	0
    5	2	1	0	0	0	0
    6	3	1	0	0	0	0
    7	3	2	0	0	0	0
    8	3	2	1	0	0	0
    9	3	3	1	0	0	0
    10	3	3	2	0	0	0
    11	3	3	2	1	0	0
    12	3	3	3	1	0	0
    13	3	3	3	2	0	0
    14	3	3	3	2	1	0
    15	3	3	3	3	1	0
    16	3	3	3	3	2	0
    17	3	3	3	3	2	1
    18	3	3	3	3	3	1
    19	3	3	3	3	3	2
    20	4	4	3	3	3	2
    21	4	4	3	3	3	3
    22	4	4	4	3	3	3
    23	4	4	4	4	3	3
    24	4	4	4	4	4	3
    25	5	4	4	4	4	3
    26	5	5	4	4	4	3
    27	5	5	5	4	4	3
    28	5	5	5	5	4	3
    29	5	5	5	5	5	3
    30	5	5	5	5	5	4

Notably, paladins start getting 1st-level spells 2 levels earlier than in the base game, and they start getting 6th-level spells 12 levels earlier than in the base game. Paladins also now have several unique, paladin-only spells. Divine Shield in particular is great.

The fact that paladins have "inferior spell progression to a cleric" is not a problem. If paladins got spells just as fast as clerics, clerics would be almost obsolete. As it is, this mod is much more generous with paladin spell progression than basically every DnD edition and DnD video game out there.

In addition to their spellcasting, paladins now get extra uses of Smite Evil and Lay on Hands at higher levels, and Smite Evil is much more powerful: it does a number of extra d4s of damage equal to the paladin's level plus their Charisma modifier. The Improved Smiting feat increases the damage further.

Not only that, paladins now gain additional bonuses depending on their order:

xaaddixgiefr.png
    ylcei8rp7a8u.png
    s1p2f6x2bved.png

All in all, paladins in IWD2EE are great as they are! I wouldn't call them gimped fighters. They probably have less damage output than fighters, but they are tankier due to their healing/protective spells and abilities. Their spellcasting, while not as good as a cleric's spellcasting, is still a whole lot better than a fighter's spellcasting.
  • GreenerGreener Member Posts: 430
    Any possibility for this to be run/tested on a macOS?
    edited January 2022
    @KreatoR
    Ah, that could be it. I installed the EE *before* the other GUI mod(s).

@OlvynChuru
    You make a fair point, but I dunno, my pala just feels weaker than everyone else, and that's even with an attribute roll of 94 IIRC... Don't get me wrong, she still does damage and can save others in a pinch, but I like to try and clear maps without resting more than once (just a self-imposed role playing limitation), and she runs out of spells much sooner than everyone else, at which point she's just another feat-impoverished fighter. The rogue can scout/stealth/backstab for days, the fighter has tons of feats, the ranger gets ranged weapons and favored enemies, the cleric and wizard/sorc/druid have tons of spells to toss out... paladin just feels, I dunno, just kinda meh, like a wet noodle. The sad part is that I can build a melee-oriented cleric focused around self-roid spells who'll absolutely put the paladin to shame. I just feel like paladins should get a bit more love; I think it'd be amazing if you could give them more auras, like they get in Pillars of Eternity. Maybe make the auras available as feats? I dunno, I'm just spitballing ideas...

In the meantime, could you please tell me the name of the .2da table that controls a paladin's spell progression and feat progression? I'll just edit these to my tastes, give the class a bit more oomph to compensate for the lack of auras.

edited January 2022
    In the meantime, could you please tell me the name of the .2da table that controls a paladin's spell progression and feat progression? I'll just edit these to my tastes, give the class a bit more oomph to compensate for the lack of auras.

It's MXSPLPAL.2DA and FEATCLAS.2DA.

It's MXSPLPAL.2DA and FEATCLAS.2DA.

Cheers mate! ;)
    @OlvynChuru
    While I'm here might as well ask: how did you manage to unlock the monk's number of attacks to go over 5 per round? I always thought that was the hard-coded limit. For example, tweaking BAATFGT.2da to give a fighter 6 attacks doesn't seem to do anything (hell, I think they're capped at 4, and get a 5th only with Haste). I thought it was a +BAB issue, so I set it to +90 at 50th level, with 6 attacks per round... but no dice, in-game it won't go above 4 attacks/rnd.

Unrelated to that, I've been messing around chargen a bit, just checking out the various classes... and I gotta say high-level monks are absolutely lethal now! Love what you've done with them! They used to be a liability in the base game, and now they're combat monsters! I'm definitely gonna take one into HoF once I've beaten the normal difficulty. Goddamn I haven't even finished my current playthrough, and I'm already planning the next one! BEST. MOD. EVER!
    @OlvynChuru
    Is pickpocketing bugged or how does it work?

Whenever I try to pickpocket nothing happens and I've tried to pickpocket everyone in Targos with my rogue.
    @OlvynChuru
    While I'm here might as well ask: how did you manage to unlock the monk's number of attacks to go over 5 per round? I always thought that was the hard-coded limit. For example, tweaking BAATFGT.2da to give a fighter 6 attacks doesn't seem to do anything (hell, I think they're capped at 4, and get a 5th only with Haste). I thought it was a +BAB issue, so I set it to +90 at 50th level, with 6 attacks per round... but no dice, in-game it won't go above 4 attacks/rnd.

If you want to give a character attacks per round above 5, you give them an effect like this:
    8xtil8wjf2tc.png
    This increases the APR cap by 1, though you also need to give them an opcode 1 effect to actually increase their attacks per round.

Monks don't need these effects; they get attacks above 5 automatically once they are high enough level and they're unarmed or wielding a monk weapon.
    @OlvynChuru
    Is pickpocketing bugged or how does it work?

Whenever I try to pickpocket nothing happens and I've tried to pickpocket everyone in Targos with my rogue.

I messed up, and pickpocketing currently has a bug that prevents it from working. That will be fixed in the next update, which will be released today.

I messed up, and pickpocketing currently has a bug that prevents it from working. That will be fixed in the next update, which will be released today.

Nice, I cant wait!

Then maybe you can throw in this quick fix - the Bracers of Improved Expertise are bugged. Equipping them and using Expertise works fine (double AC bonus and attack penalty), but saving+loading or moving into a new area (loadscreen) seems to reset the effect to the Expertise baseline (+/-5). I've noticed that they sometimes reset even on their own in the same area if enough time has passed. I use them on my paladin tank, so it's not like there's a thousand other crazy effects going on at the same time that could've messed with the bracers' effect.

Also, any chance you can buff the damage resistance component from Minor Damage Resistance for Armor and Shields to a full value? (ex: +7 AC armor would give +7 to all physical damage resistances, not 50%). I'm asking this for a HoF run. If you can do it via code it'd be great to include a 100% version in addition to the already present 50% one. If you gotta do it by hand manually for every item, then just forget I asked (I know how tedious that would be).

Also thanks for the info above pertaining to the attack cap, I'll mess around with it a bit more! :)

edited January 2022
    Also, any chance you can buff the damage resistance component from Minor Damage Resistance for Armor and Shields to a full value? (ex: +7 AC armor would give +7 to all physical damage resistances, not 50%). I'm asking this for a HoF run. If you can do it via code it'd be great to include a 100% version in addition to the already present 50% one. If you gotta do it by hand manually for every item, then just forget I asked (I know how tedious that would be).

That component is inspired by the very similar component from Weimer's IWD2-Ease mod, which had all armor and shields provide damage resistance equal to their full AC. If you desperately want that, you could install IWD2-Ease on top on IWD2EE (but make sure not to have IWD2EE's armor damage resistance component installed at the same time).

The reason why IWD2EE included this component at all was because I had found (after testing it on several playthroughs) that giving all armor and shields damage resistance equal to their full AC was extremely overpowered, and having it be equal to half their AC was much more reasonable.

That component is inspired by the very similar component from Weimer's IWD2-Ease mod, which had all armor and shields provide damage resistance equal to their full AC. If you desperately want that, you could install IWD2-Ease on top on IWD2EE (but make sure not to have IWD2EE's armor damage resistance component installed at the same time).

The reason why IWD2EE included this component at all was because I had found (after testing it on several playthroughs) that giving all armor and shields damage resistance equal to their full AC was extremely overpowered, and having it be equal to half their AC was much more reasonable.

Fair enough, I understand your reasoning.

I think I found the code for that component:
    //NOTES
    //

OUTER_PATCH us_armor_damage_resistance_constants BEGIN
    armorbonus=1
    shieldbonus=3

modifyac=0
    modifyslashingresistance=86
    modifybludgeoningresistance=87
    modifypiercingresistance=88
    modifymissileresistance=89

effectsize=0x30
    END

COPY_EXISTING_REGEXP ~.*\.itm~ ~override~
    //Armor and shields grant resistance to physical damage equal to half their armor/shield bonus, rounded down
    READ_SHORT 0x1c us_item_category
    PATCH_IF (us_item_category >= 60 AND us_item_category <= 68) OR (us_item_category = 2) OR (us_item_category = 6) BEGIN
    us_bonus = 0
    READ_LONG 0x6a us_offset
    READ_SHORT 0x70 us_num_effects
    FOR (i=0; i < us_num_effects; ++i) BEGIN
    READ_SHORT us_offset us_opcode
    READ_LONG (us_offset + 0x8) us_parameter2
    PATCH_IF (us_opcode = modifyac AND us_parameter2 = armorbonus) BEGIN
    READ_LONG (us_offset + 0x4) us_parameter1
    us_bonus = us_parameter1 / 2
    i = us_num_effects
    END
    us_offset += effectsize
    END
    PATCH_IF (us_bonus > 0) BEGIN
    LPF ADD_ITEM_EQEFFECT INT_VAR opcode=modifyslashingresistance target=1 timing=2 parameter1=us_bonus END
    LPF ADD_ITEM_EQEFFECT INT_VAR opcode=modifypiercingresistance target=1 timing=2 parameter1=us_bonus END
    LPF ADD_ITEM_EQEFFECT INT_VAR opcode=modifybludgeoningresistance target=1 timing=2 parameter1=us_bonus END
    LPF ADD_ITEM_EQEFFECT INT_VAR opcode=modifymissileresistance target=1 timing=2 parameter1=us_bonus END
    END
    END ELSE BEGIN
    PATCH_IF (us_item_category = 12 OR us_item_category = 41 OR us_item_category = 47 OR us_item_category = 49 OR us_item_category = 53) BEGIN
    us_bonus = 0
    READ_LONG 0x6a us_offset
    READ_SHORT 0x70 us_num_effects
    FOR (i=0; i < us_num_effects; ++i) BEGIN
    READ_SHORT us_offset us_opcode
    READ_LONG (us_offset + 0x8) us_parameter2
    PATCH_IF (us_opcode = modifyac AND us_parameter2 = shieldbonus) BEGIN
    READ_LONG (us_offset + 0x4) us_parameter1
    i = us_num_effects
    END
    us_offset += effectsize
    END
    PATCH_IF (us_bonus > 0) BEGIN
    LPF ADD_ITEM_EQEFFECT INT_VAR opcode=modifyslashingresistance target=1 timing=2 parameter1=us_bonus END
    LPF ADD_ITEM_EQEFFECT INT_VAR opcode=modifypiercingresistance target=1 timing=2 parameter1=us_bonus END
    LPF ADD_ITEM_EQEFFECT INT_VAR opcode=modifybludgeoningresistance target=1 timing=2 parameter1=us_bonus END
    LPF ADD_ITEM_EQEFFECT INT_VAR opcode=modifymissileresistance target=1 timing=2 parameter1=us_bonus END
    END
    END
    END
    BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

Which line is responsible for the 50% reduction? I'll just edit it to the full value.

Also, did you manage to replicate the bug with the Expertise bracers I outlined above? Their effect never persists between loading screens for me, they always default back to the vanilla +/-5 once a new map or game loads. I have no idea what's causing it.
    edited January 2022
    Which line is responsible for the 50% reduction? I'll just edit it to the full value.

Change it to
    us_bonus = us_parameter1

Change it to
    us_bonus = us_parameter1

Lovely, mate - thank you so much!
    Chain Lightning has a new animation now.

nbmvkeg85788.gif
  • SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,234
    Chain Lightning has a new animation now.
    nbmvkeg85788.gif

That looks very nice.

And so satisfying.
    The continued progress on this is amassing!

Simple buffs: One aspect I found challenging for Icewind Dale 2 was then repetitive time to put long term buffs the party, mage armor, bull strength etc. I have made a post with changes to the original spells so they become area of effect spells like protection vs evil. https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/60102/modding-spells#latest
    Another approach is to develop a meta magic that does the same, this is easy however 😊

Simpler loot: Similarly a way to make looting easier is by reducing the drop of non-interesting items as standard axe, sword gems etc. Not solved but discussed here https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/74082/editing-drop-tables#latest

You are welcome to make use of this so everyone can get a better game experience :) This was by best effort to support your work hope everyone with ambitions can consider how to support and not only bring in new ideas. 😊 while they are great it is also becoming more and more extensive to implement all the desires. The changes you have shown are super strong, and I never imagined it would be possible to improve the background images rendered as example.

Kind regards
    Rahona
    Well on the simpler loot topic there is a quickloot bar included in this mod. To activate it you right click your inventory icon and voila!(idk why its turned off by default)
    Wish I could find the way to add the thumbs up or great insight :) the is so much ch excellent content in the previous post, quick loot will be awesome!
  • Timbo0o0o0Timbo0o0o0 Member Posts: 60
    This Project sparks joy! :)
    Id realy like to betatest aswell. Are you still searching?
    Is there something else I could do to help?

Have a nice day.
  • unisockunisock Member Posts: 2
    I just started my playthrough today - only did the opening docks level so far.
    I have noticed my thief isn't able to pickpocket at all - did I miss the update that fixed that or is that still an ongoing issue? The icon changes but I'm not able to click on anybody.

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.