Skip to content

Icewind Dale 2: Enhanced Edition is almost here!

Comments

• AlchraDiagotAlchraDiagot Member Posts: 4
    is there any chance this mod can be official ? and we can support u guys
    Can beamdog help a little bit and maybe Modders can sell with beamdog support
    Did someone contact Trent Oster ? he realy try to find the source code
    he can help

valve just let a communty update get official
    why we cant do this on this beloved games ?

i ask to much but i need answers :)
  • UlraithUlraith Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I would like to test this out.

Having played all the baldurs gate and icewind dale games it would be great.
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    ThacoBell wrote: »
    Beamdog doesn't have the license anymore. They can do bugfixes for existing EE titles and that's about it. No new content, and this is DEFINITELY new content for IWD2. I'd be surprised if they can even still do EEs of WotC products.

unless your iwd and pst which have not had an update in forever.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    megamike15 wrote: »
    ThacoBell wrote: »
    Beamdog doesn't have the license anymore. They can do bugfixes for existing EE titles and that's about it. No new content, and this is DEFINITELY new content for IWD2. I'd be surprised if they can even still do EEs of WotC products.

unless your iwd and pst which have not had an update in forever.

Do they need updates? I thought IWD was real stable, I'll admit to not being up on PST. I'd assume IWD would benefit from 2.6 anyway.
  • WarChiefZekeWarChiefZeke Member Posts: 2,651
    This looks like it has come far in only a few months. It's really great how many new things DnD related are being released nowadays. There's something for everybody.

I also like the class changes to make things less caster-focused. I'm usually a rules-purist, but I make an exception for 3e (as opposed to the much improved 3.5). I also like the idea of the monk doing less damage-per-hit but throwing out lots of attacks and I hope that isn't changed.
  • LathandersVanguardLathandersVanguard Member Posts: 15
    edited October 2020
    Hello!

I am very interested in the IWDII EE project! I have played every infinity engine title to date and would love to be of some assistance in this project. Let me know who I can contact and hopefully I can help out!

-Cheers!
  • KentritzKentritz Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I'd like to participate in IWD2 EE beta program. Can someone send me a details about how can I download him ?
  • Kil3rKil3r Member Posts: 4
    Is it possible to fix the keyboard camera movement considering you can inject new functionality using IEex?
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @Kil3r: I believe that has been streamlined a bit by EE--I've noticed it working now, where it previously only bumped the screen a little bit before stopping. Also, holding the middle mouse key can also scroll the screen, which is a bit faster (that's a brand new features).
  • Magus_BGforgeMagus_BGforge Member Posts: 25
    semiticgod wrote: »
    Both IEex and IWD2:EE are open source and safe to use.
    Very cool, congratulations.

So where's the code for IEex?
  • WenedWened Member Posts: 13
    edited October 2020
    He. Is there any blog or reddit where you post updates on your progress? Also, how far away are you from completion? (or at least stable version with all features present).

Edit. Also. This mod is my dream come true. I finished all other IE games multiple times but Iwd2 Only once. Mostly becuse of all the tedious crap that you plan to remove/alter.

First 2 or 3 chapters are Gold. Same with the last one. But all the middle chapters vere poorly designed IMHO.
    @Magus_BGforge: I haven't worked with IEex myself; I'm not familiar with it. @Bubb and @OlvynChuru have done a lot of work with it.

@Wened: The bugs have been mostly worked out, but we still want to implement some new features and introduce new content to polish the game first. It could be a few weeks or a few months.
  • GodOfMythGodOfMyth Member Posts: 3
    I love this, is there any way to get in on this!
    I'll PM you.
  • WenedWened Member Posts: 13
    I'll PM you.

Can you PM me too. Might find some time to test it. I Have gog version of iwd2
  • Magus_BGforgeMagus_BGforge Member Posts: 25
    @Magus_BGforge: I haven't worked with IEex myself; I'm not familiar with it. @Bubb and @OlvynChuru have done a lot of work with it.
    So... not open source, then?
    I was pretty sure it was. I guess I could be wrong. You can ask them if you have any questions about IEex.
  • lance1987lance1987 Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

I would like to test IWD2EE, too.
    Very cool project.

Can someone send me details?
  • Kil3rKil3r Member Posts: 4
    @Kil3r: I believe that has been streamlined a bit by EE--I've noticed it working now, where it previously only bumped the screen a little bit before stopping. Also, holding the middle mouse key can also scroll the screen, which is a bit faster (that's a brand new features).

Nice! I'll be looking forward to IWD2EE's release. Maybe its time for me to finish IWD1EE.
  • Acrux2Acrux2 Member Posts: 51
    IWD2 is my favorite game! Looking forward to trying the eventual release. One question: Would it be possible to fix "natural healing" where characters are only getting 1HP healed per rest? It should be 1 HP per level. Just a small thing, considering most people probably use "rest until healed" but it's always bugged me a little.
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    @Acrux2 That might actually be possible to fix. I'll see if I can implement that.
  • ThoriumThorium Member Posts: 36
    A question about spell revisions: have you thought about nerfing Animate Dead in some way? That spell has always felt really powerful, especially for clerics since it is only 3rd level spell.

Also, the optional changes to HoF sound really good - I can well imagine that HoF will be tough but achievable challenge for low-level parties. :)
    Thorium wrote: »
    A question about spell revisions: have you thought about nerfing Animate Dead in some way? That spell has always felt really powerful, especially for clerics since it is only 3rd level spell.

@Thorium The Spell Revisions component does weaken Animate Dead; summoning more powerful undead requires a higher caster level than in the original game (e.g. animating an Apocalyptic Boneguard requires you to be level 30 rather than level 17).

It also splits Animate Dead into two spells: Animate Skeleton and Animate Zombie. So if you just want to summon skeletons rather than deal with those stupid Zombie Lord auras, you can.
  • TheEvendurTheEvendur Member Posts: 1
    Hello, I'd like to participate in EE testing, please send me the details. Appreciate your effort creating the mod, hope I can help to polish it :) cheers
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    edited October 2020
    I'm very interested in IEex functionality. Can we create more than 3 new cleric kits? Can we create new kits for other classes (I know, but you know, kit like variations). New opcodes, actions, etc?

Edit: also, where can I find details re creating new feats?

Edit 2: also, I'd like to test. (I'm not sure if I have access to the most recent build)
  • Major_Ursa1191Major_Ursa1191 Member Posts: 1
    Hey there, I'm extremely interested in participating in the EE testing - long time fan of IWD2 from way back when, so I'd love to help out in any way I can. Would love it for someone to send me the details, if possible. Cheers :smiley:
  • Alf1974Alf1974 Member Posts: 1
    Hello everyone, I'd like to test this enhanced version too. Is it possible? Thanks.
  • AbelAbel Member Posts: 785
    edited November 2020
    That's the first I hear of such a project! A welcome one!

I wonder if you've done anything for the availability of certain items that exist in the files but cannot be found. For example, high tier melee weapons which appear in random treasure tables that aren't used (RMEW_08 to RMEW_15).
    @Abel
    Abel wrote: »
    I wonder if you've done anything for the availability of certain items that exist in the files but cannot be found. For example, high tier melee weapons which appear in random treasure tables that aren't used (RMEW_08 to RMEW_15).

IWD2EE does add these items into the game (mostly as possibilities for random loot). However, most of the really powerful random loot items will only appear in Heart of Fury Mode.
This discussion has been closed.