Skip to content

Enhanced Powergaming Scripts v12.4

Comments

• morpheus562morpheus562 Member Posts: 250
    Version 2.0 BETA is released. I kept the previous version as well, but the BETA offers a number of enhancements. Open to feedback specifically regarding the IR(R) and SR(R) scripts since I haven't had an opportunity to fully test them yet. To get these scripts to run, I needed to create 9 net new spell states required for tracking, 21 spells needed spell states assigned, and 4 spells needed stats assigned.
  • xiaoleiwenxiaoleiwen Member Posts: 186
    This mod looks great. Thanks for the hard work. Very likely will try this in my next scs playthrough.

One question here, is it possible to just use auto prebuff but no auto use removing buff spells or potions in the battle? Still prefer to handle this myself.

• MyragMyrag Member Posts: 328
    Same here. I love AI scripts that make QoL changes, not when they play for me. At some point it feel like I watching bots playing instead of me.

For example, some lovely QoL things in AI scripts would be
    • Bard auto singing
    • Shaman auto dancing
    • Auto detect illusion for thieves/shamans
    • Auto pre-buffing - not excessive, when too many spells are cast, it feels cheesy because normally you would spend many rounds casting them and some short ones would be near expiration by that time. In long combat it provides huge advantage to a player.
    • Casting iron skins from boots
    • Creating bullets from some magical items (most notably +4 bullets from Erinne Sling)
    • AI on Simulacrum to use auto attacks (I hate when my Archers simulacrum just stands there doing nothing)
    • Bard auto attack/spell casts for 2 out of 3 rounds so that it keeps Song buff with Bard Hat
    edited March 2021
    I was toying with the idea for users to have the option of selecting "Pre-Buffing Cast at Normal Speed" or "Pre-Buffing Cast at Accelerated Speed". Looks like that will be something I can build out before the final release.

Currently, the scripts cast zero offensive spells and I plan on keeping it this way. I think most users agree they want to control that aspect of gameplay. I could use another unassigned key to toggle other aspects of the scripts on and off, I just think it needs to be at a fine line of what most players want to see. Do I have it toggle anything targeting the enemy player (i.e. detection spells/debuffing), or do I make it more broad and also take out: auto use of healing spells and potions, casting PfMW (and similar) when hp drops below 50%, casting friendly restorative spells (cure disease, remove paralysis, restoration, etc.), casting certain spell protections automatically when an enemy mage is detected, and casting some self buffing abilities if other specific enemies are detected.

EDIT: Instead of doing a toggle button, I could create a new script for reduced ai allowing the absolute bare minimum. Will think about best implementation.
    Post edited by morpheus562 on
    I have gone ahead and made an update based on the feedback above. There is now a BasicAI script that is completely bare bones, but allows keeping up long duration spells, pre-buffing, turn undead toggle, detect invisibility/traps, and Bard song. I also created the option on install to either have pre-buffing cast at either normal casting speed or an accelerated speed.
    edited March 2021
    I tried the Basic AI with accelerated speed and I'm quite impressed with how fast the precast is :)

However, I noticed few things:

- My fighter dual cleric won't cast draw upon holy might, but the other 2 paladins will cast it.
    - My sorcerer won't cast improved haste on my fighters
    - I'm not sure how the targeting of single target spells work (e.g. death ward, chaotic commands). For example, I let my cleric memorize 6 chaotic commands spells, and he will cast 1 on fighter A, 1 on Fighter B, then 4 times on one of my mage. I thought it will be casted on everyone.
    Let me poke around and see what is going on specifically. What specific mods are you running on your install so I can isolate the script. Right now, I have it setup to only cast improved haste on the one character, but it is an easy update to have it cast to all players.

For chaotic commands, I'm guessing you have a buff on one of your characters that is preventing chaotic commands from working (I.e spell Deflection, spell turning, etc.). Do you know if that character is getting the buff, or is it being deflected?
    edited March 2021
    Let me poke around and see what is going on specifically. What specific mods are you running on your install so I can isolate the script. Right now, I have it setup to only cast improved haste on the one character, but it is an easy update to have it cast to all players.

For chaotic commands, I'm guessing you have a buff on one of your characters that is preventing chaotic commands from working (I.e spell Deflection, spell turning, etc.). Do you know if that character is getting the buff, or is it being deflected?

My weidu log:
    // Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
    // The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
    // ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
    ~DRAGONSPEAR_UI++\DRAGONSPEAR_UI++.TP2~ #0 #1 // Install SoD GUI Overhaul Core Component: v2.41
    ~DRAGONSPEAR_UI++\DRAGONSPEAR_UI++.TP2~ #0 #2 // Add Transparent Tooltip Background: v2.41
    ~DRAGONSPEAR_UI++\DRAGONSPEAR_UI++.TP2~ #0 #3 // Update several strings in Dialog.tlk: v2.41
    ~DRAGONSPEAR_UI++\DRAGONSPEAR_UI++.TP2~ #0 #8 // Select Number of Quicksave Slots -> 5: v2.41
    ~DRAGONSPEAR_UI++\DRAGONSPEAR_UI++.TP2~ #0 #10 // Update portrait Picker: v2.41
    ~SELLSWORDS\SELLSWORDS.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Sellswords mod for Baldur's Gate II: v8
    ~TOTDG\SETUP-TOTDG.TP2~ #0 #0 // Colours of Infinity: Tales of the Deep Gardens -> Yes, but don't patch the existing save games: 12.6
    ~INNERSHADE\SETUP-INNERSHADE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Colours of Infinity: Innershade -> Yes, but don't patch the existing save games: 10.4
    ~WHITEQUEEN\WHITEQUEEN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Colours of Infinity - The White Queen -> Yes, but don't patch the existing save games: 6.8
    ~ISNF\ISNF.TP2~ #0 #0 // Colours of Infinity: I Shall Never Forget: 5.8
    ~XAN\XAN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Xan NPC MOD for Baldur's Gate II: v19
    ~ADRIAN\ADRIAN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Adrian for BGII -> Adrian is a Sorcerer: v5.0
    ~ADRIAN\ADRIAN.TP2~ #0 #10 // Install optional soundset for Adrian (only in English) -> Phaelin's soundset: v5.0
    ~ADRIAN\ADRIAN.TP2~ #0 #20 // Crossmod content: v5.0
    ~ISRA_BG2\ISRA_BG2.TP2~ #0 #0 // Isra for BGII: v3.1
    ~ISRA_BG2\ISRA_BG2.TP2~ #0 #1 // Isra Crossmod Content: v3.1
    ~YOSHIMO\YOSHIMO.TP2~ #0 #0 // Yoshimo Friendship Mod for BGII: SoA: v4.5
    ~IMOENFRIENDSHIP\IMOENFRIENDSHIP.TP2~ #0 #0 // Imoen Friendship: v3.6
    ~YOSHIMOSREMORSE\YOSHIMOSREMORSE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Yoshimo's Remorse: v2.0
    ~SIRENE_BG2\SIRENE_BG2.TP2~ #0 #0 // Sirene NPC for BG2:EE
    ~CROSSMODBG2\SETUP-CROSSMODBG2.TP2~ #0 #0 // Crossmod Banter Pack for Shadows of Amn: v19
    ~CROSSMODBG2\SETUP-CROSSMODBG2.TP2~ #0 #1 // Crossmod Banter Pack for Throne of Bhaal: v19
    ~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #200 // Remove Blur Effect from Items, e.g. Cloack of Displacement: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1010 // More Interjections: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1020 // Alter HP Triggers for NPC Wounded Dialogues: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1161 // Multiple Strongholds (Baldurdash) -> Keep Class Restrictions: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1225 // Adjust Cromwell's Forging Time -> Instant forging (original BG2 default): v9
    ~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2090 // Change Experience Point Cap -> Remove Experience Cap: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3000 // Higher HP on Level Up -> Maximum: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3030 // Easy Spell Learning -> 100% Learn Spells: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3040 // Make Bags of Holding Bottomless: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3080 // Increase Ammo Stack Size -> Unlimited Ammo Stacking: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3090 // Increase Gem and Jewelry Stacking -> Unlimited Gem and Jewelry Stacking: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3100 // Increase Potion Stacking -> Unlimited Potion Stacking: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3110 // Increase Scroll Stacking -> Unlimited Scroll Stacking: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3121 // Happy Patch (Party NPCs do not complain about reputation) -> NPCs Can Be Angry About Reputation but Never Leave (Salk): v9
    ~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3150 // Remove animation from the Cloak of Mirroring (leave it for other spells and effects that use the same graphic): v9
    ~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3194 // Alter Hostile Rest Spawns -> Disable completely: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3330 // Make party members less likely to die irreversibly: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3342 // Increase party movement speed outside combat -> By 150 percent: v9
    ~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3505 // Wider selection of random scrolls: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3551 // Increase the power of Cure Wounds and Cause Wounds spells to the level found in 3rd Edition D&D -> Spells heal or inflict the maximum amount of damage in this range: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3580 // Restoration and Lesser Restoration spells heal ability-score damage: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4000 // Faster Bears: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4161 // Increase the price of a license to practise magic in Athkatla -> License costs 15,000 gp: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4171 // Increase the price asked by Gaelan Bayle -> Gaelan wants 60,000 gold pieces: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5900 // Initialise AI components (required for all tactical and AI components): 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6000 // Smarter general AI: 33.7
    ~ARTAPORT\ARTAPORT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Change portraits in BG2:EE: 2.0
    ~ARTAPORT\ARTAPORT.TP2~ #0 #4 // Add portraits for non-joinable NPCs in BG2:EE: 2.0
    ~ARTAPORT\ARTAPORT.TP2~ #0 #5 // Restore BG1:EE NPC portraits: 2.0
    ~ARTAPORT\ARTAPORT.TP2~ #0 #1180 // Add portrait for Edwina: 2.0
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6030 // Smarter Mages: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6040 // Smarter Priests: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6520 // Smarter genies: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6540 // Smarter dragons: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6550 // Smarter beholders: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6560 // Smarter mind flayers: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6580 // Improved Vampires: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6590 // Smarter Throne of Bhaal final villain: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6200 // Improved Spiders: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6510 // Improved fiends and celestials: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6570 // Smarter githyanki: 33.7
    ~POWERGAMINGSCRIPTS/SETUP-POWERGAMINGSCRIPTS.TP2~ #0 #1 // Initialzie Base Components (Required): v2.0
    ~POWERGAMINGSCRIPTS/SETUP-POWERGAMINGSCRIPTS.TP2~ #0 #15 // Install Enhanced Powergaming Scripts Base -> Accelerated Pre-Buffing Speed: v2.0

It is not being deflected, I can see the same person has been targeted for 4 times. It looks like the following in combat logs:

A casts Chaotic commands on B
    A casts Chaotic commands on C
    A casts Chaotic commands on D

Hence A, E and F didn't get the buff.

I'm also curious on how the AI picks the target. For example, I may just memorize the spell once or twice in early game, so can it be targeted on the fighters only? I remember the targeting is based on party member number (in order of join) when I used the Baldurs Gate Hotkey Script Generator, not sure whether this can be customized in game.
    edited March 2021
    Do you know if D actually gets the spell though? I'm guessing the script sees that D does not have the spell, but it's not doing a proper check against a spell protection they have active. Thus your spellcaster identifies D does not have the spell, so spellcaster casts spell on D. D has spell protection up that blocks chaotic commands, so it doesn't work. Spellcaster looks for next target to cast chaotic commands on and sees that D doesn't have it (because it was blocked), and keeps casting the spell. I've seen this before in my testing with another spell and corrected it.

With your Cleric not casting duhm, do they already have 25 strength? Duhm won't cast if character strength is already 25.

I'll take a look at the specific scripts that you're running with your mods. I'm actually in the process of moving across states, so I won't have a good answer for you for a few days until I get settled into the new home and can dig into it more. It should be an easy correction. If you can tell me if character D actually gets chaotic commands would help a lot.
    edited March 2021
    I think that happened because D is a mage and has buff that blocked the spell, hence the AI repeated few times on him. I tried to press D for the cleric and fighters first, let them finish the precast, only then I pressed D for the mages, and all mages got the buffs from cleric.

However, I also noticed that if the spell can be targeted on everyone, it seems like the caster won't cast on himself.

It looks like the following now:

A casts Chaotic commands on B
    A casts Chaotic commands on C
    A casts Chaotic commands on E
    A casts Chaotic commands on F
    Stop

Hence A didn't get the buff.

--

I was just experimenting on my finished game to see how cool this mod is. May experiment with some earlier saves in SOA and BG1 and see how it works. I will report if I find anything, hopefully it helps.

I will definitely use this mod in the next game. It really save a lot of time. Thank you for making this mod.
    I think this gives me enough information to go off of for your issues. Give me some time to get settled in after the move and to take a look at this, and I imagine I'll have some updates to try out soon that will resolve your issues.
    @marcnivar I just updated the BETA which should address most of your concerns with pre-casting Chaotic Commands (and updated Death Ward and Negative Plane Protection too). There appears to have been an error with detecting Spell Trap which must have been up on your mage causing the script to keep casting it on the mage since Spell Trap absorbed every casting. I additionally updated the script to cast on self which should address the other part of your concern.

I also dumbed down the BasicAI a little more so that it no longer auto-attacks which gives the player even more control.
    Getting closer to having an official release of version 2. Of note, G3 will be hosting the mod going forward, so a link will be included to get the most recent version. With that, the mod will install with an exe, so I recommend removing the old version before downloading the new one. Finally, SCS will no longer be a requirement with the official release. This should allow more users to actually use the mod. I will update the initial post once this change occurs.
    Update on G3 is live. I hope you all enjoy the additional features and compatibility improvements. Please feel free to reach out regarding any issues, feedback, questions, bugs, etc. I am really excited about these and hope to make them even better based on the feedback received.
    Currently working on v2.4 of the scripts which I'm hoping to have released here soon. Big changes include better tracking for Minor Globe of Invulnerability and Globe of Invulnerability, and adding enhanced ai scripts for celestial summons such as Planetar and Deva.
    So v2.4 is live. I figured out how to dynamically update the scripts to include more spell mods; however, it is going to require almost a complete rewrite of the weidu code. Progress is now underway to make these updates to transition these scripts to v3.0. Once it is built out and v3.0 is released, it will be much much easier to incorporate new spell mods into the scripts.
  • RyofuRyofu Member Posts: 268
    Is it possible to make the character auto drink potions of healing or antidote? It would make a great quality of life addition.

Thank you, love your AI scripts
    Characters should automatically be drinking potions of healing only in combat if their health drops below a threshold. Potions of antidote should automatically be used if poisoned regardless of if the are in combat or not.

What mods do you have installed and which version of my scripts are you using?
  • tedmann12tedmann12 Member Posts: 128
    Can you choose a different key to enable the pre buffing?

I use WASD to scroll my screen. This is same reason I don’t use SCS ai. So annoying!
    edited May 2021
    @tedmann12 If you play on PC, you can use near infinity to manually set the pre-buffing key. Happy to assist you in what you need to edit. Hoping to release v3.0 of the scripts any day now. This will bring in many different spell and kit mods.
  • MyragMyrag Member Posts: 328
    I use WASD to scroll my screen. This is same reason I don’t use SCS ai. So annoying!

SCS has a keybind file that you can use to change key bindings before the installation. Unfortunately you need to do it before installation or you need to reinstall the mod.
    Version 3.0_beta has been released. This brings the following enhancements:
    • Dynamically creates scripts on installation based on mods installed allowing for over 1.5 MILLION different scripts that can be created!
    • Support for the following mods: Spell Revisions, SCS, DSotSC, Song & Silence, IWD Spells, Tome & Blood, and Faith & Powers (only compatible with F&P sphere system).
    • Multiple new spells for vanilla and mods added.
    • Updated spell tracking for existing spells to optimize existing scripts.
  • LadonLadon Member Posts: 17
    edited June 2021
    Hi, thank you for still working on such an old but fun game !

Here's my feedback after using the scripts (v 3.0) for a full soa playthrough and some tob. I was using spell revision, and I was impressed that the scripts used every defensive spell when buffing.

Some more feedback :

*Aggressivity*

Sometimes, I don't want my invisible character to attack enemies on sight.

*Don't buff target summons with individual spells*

I've seen a few times in the logs my cleric casting chaotic commands on a skeleton warrior.

*Summon*

I know there's a script that has a "S" option to summon every summons. That'd be a nice addition.

*Item Usage*

I think the script should manage the Girdle of Fortitude. In general, I felt the scs ai script managed items better.

*Paladin*

Using the B Buff with a Paladin should also cast Protection from Evil.

*Spell and abilities/HLA-abilities*

I know the aim is to reduce micro-managing of abilities and spells.
    But I don't want the script to use my great whirlwind against a herd of mutated gibberlings, or whatever. Possibly same for some rare abilities. At the very least, HLA usage should be off by default.

Thanks for your great work!
    edited June 2021
    @Ladon Good feedback, thank you! I am going through your comments and making updates where able.

To your comments:
    • Invisible: These scripts are focused on a more aggressive playstyle. I did make the update so invisible characters will not attack enemies on sight.
    • Buffing: Updated pre-buffing and spell usage across all scripts so summons are not targeted by any buffs.
    • Summons: I feel this should be more of a manual/conscientious choice by the player to summon creatures depending on the situation, so I will not be making this implementation at this time.
    • Item Usage: Added Girdle of Fortitude. Please let me know what other items usage you would like to see. I would also appreciate what aspects of scs ai script managed items better from your perspective.
    • Protection from Evil: This one is actually more complicated than it may initially seem. I currently have it so Protection from Evil is NOT used across any class because of the spell Protection from Evil 10' Radius. Last thing I want is for a Paladin to cast Prot from Evil on 3 characters and then have it all canceled out because the cleric cast Prot from Evil 10' on the entire party right after. I am looking at ways to work around it to check if the cleric has the spell, but this may be left out at this time.
    • Use of Spells and Abilities in Combat: I have heard this one enough, so I have gone ahead and made the change so certain spells and abilities will not be used in combat if more than 3 enemies are detected. These spells and abilities will only be cast when certain difficult monster/enemy types are detected.

These changes will be implemented when version 3.0 goes live. If anyone has additional feedback or suggestions, please let me know, so I can see about incorporating them into the scripts. Again, I am interested in knowing more regarding your opinion on item usage and how I can improve that within these scripts.
    Post edited by morpheus562 on
    Thanks ! That's fair for summons.

For Paladins, in BG2 they have an abundance of protection from evil. Sure, it looks bad if it's wasted, so I see the point of both sides, but I just feel silly with my 13 protection against evil on my paladin.

Concerning items, sorry if I'm wrong on some. I can think of the cloak of the shield, the spell trap from the staff of magi (although there's a decent argument against that, but if it's cast last, why not), the ring of spell turning. I sold it as soon as possible, but there's also the cloak of stars (5 +5 darts per day).

Huh, I can't think of that many. It's really the girdle who jumped at me.
    There are also the dancing swords, if you are up to have some item uses during fights. Although I'm not sure how would that work ? It's in your backpack, character use it, then put back original weapon ?
    Ladon wrote: »
    There are also the dancing swords, if you are up to have some item uses during fights. Although I'm not sure how would that work ? It's in your backpack, character use it, then put back original weapon ?

I do something similar to that with gargoyle boots and paws of the cheetah and the SNT and Ilbratha; however, it gets impossible with system limitations to track what weapon is being swapped out, so you wouldn't be able to swap it back in after casting dancing swords.
    Official release for version 3.0. This brings the following enhancements from the beta:
    • Various bug fixes and optimizations
    • Items that will be used by the scripts were added: Headband of the Devout, Girdle of Fortitude, Ring of Spell Turning, Cloak of the Stars, Cowl of the Stars, and the Belt of Minor Invulnerability
    • Additional spells and abilities added
    Official release for version 3.1. This brings the following enhancements:
    • Updated Resist Fear and Belt of Minor Invulnerability to NOT be cast during pre-buffing in Athkatla if Cowled Wizards will appear
    • Added Army of One (DSotSC Spell) to pre-buffing and situational casting
    • Updated issue with Negative Plane Protection not being tracked correctly causing it to be continually cast on a single character
    • Added metadata and labels to better work with Project Infinity
    Progress is underway to make this mod compatible with Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition and then Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition. No timetable for when this will be ready by, but excited to make this mod available to more games.