Skip to content

[MOD] Polymorph (and other) fixes for IWD:EE (v2.3)

Dan_PDan_P Member Posts: 123
edited January 2023 in IWD:EE Mods
GitHub: https://github.com/D2-mods/Polymorph-fixes-for-IWDEE
Download: https://github.com/D2-mods/Polymorph-fixes-for-IWDEE/releases (v2.3)
Installs on: IWD:EE (tested on v2.5 and v2.6)
Languages: English, Russian (yota13)

Components:
  1. Polymorph fixes for IWD:EE
  2. Patch for nymph.BCS (fixes crash with EEex)
  3. Should shapeshift movement bonuses bypass Free Action?
  4. Increase movement speed of Winter Wolf and Polar Bear forms
  5. Uncap Crippling Strike (capped at -7 in v2.5 and v2.6.6)
  6. Patch shortbows to use shortbow visuals (as in classic IWD)
  7. Object.ids - Add identifiers if missing (for scripting)
  8. Minor AI tweak (enemies and invisible PCs)

Install info:
  • All components can be installed independently and in any order.
  • Component 1 assumes you are using vanilla Shapechange forms. Install before mods that change creature stats (ex. Improved HoF)
  • Components 3-6 will not conflict with similar components in the Better IWD Pregen mod.

Polymorph fixes (component 1):
NOTE: Skipped if EE Fixpack is installed.

Polymorph Self
  • Removed permanent Haste from Winter Wolf, Boring Beetle, and Polar Bear

Shapechange
  • Giant Troll Strength changed from 18 to 18/00 to match description
  • Water Elemental weapon damage changed from 1d8 to 4d8 (same as Druid form)

Text edits (Shapechange):
  • Consistent layouts and accurate stats

Psionic Blast
  • Added missing description in v2.5 (when right-clicking the icon)
  • Uses the v2.6 version as a base, with a few changes:
  1. Stun duration changed to 5 rounds (from 10) to match description
  2. Ability regenerates when used
  3. Added back the orb animation over a stunned creature

Minor AI tweak (enemies and invisible PCs):
Some enemy groups in the unmodded game will walk to and surround Player1 (first character created) if the entire party is invisible or offscreen. This prevents Player1 from moving.

This tweak changes it so that these enemies will instead walk or stand around randomly. For certain battles, enemies will still walk towards the party, but they won't surround Player1 anymore.

This will only patch official scripts included with the game.
Post edited by Dan_P on
Isewein

Comments

• Dan_PDan_P Member Posts: 123
    edited December 2021
    Thought I'd bump this just to note that I also added a few movement tweaks that some might find useful.

Component 3 lets you set all movement bonuses to bypass Free Action, or be blocked by Free Action. Note that a Free Action applied afterwards can still reset movement rate back to the base value. This component will also set all movement bonuses from polymorphs to the stacking multiplier. The game itself is inconsistent with both of these effects, and there are also differences between IWDEE v2.5 and v2.6.

Component 4, is something I decided to add after I was testing an AI mod in classic IWD1. The winter wolf form in the original moves noticeably faster than the IWDEE version. This isn't boots of speed fast, but it's a little faster than in human form. The bear is painfully slow in all versions of the game, but I don't think a speed increase is overpowered. It's still inferior to the Boring Beetle's high defenses.

EDIT: I'll also note that component 4 is partially a fix. It'll remove the erroneous Haste effect from the Polymorph Self versions of the Druid animals. This fix is also in the main fixes component.
    Post edited by Dan_P on
  • Dan_PDan_P Member Posts: 123
    Added component: Minor AI tweak (enemies and invisible PCs)

Info:
    Some enemy groups in the unmodded game will walk to and surround Player1 (first character created) if the entire party is invisible or offscreen. This tweak changes it so that these enemies will instead walk or stand around randomly. For certain battles, enemies will still walk towards the party, but they shouldn't all surround Player1 anymore (preventing them from moving).

NOTE: I've tested this in a few places (ex. Severed Hand), but I haven't done a full playthrough yet. I don't think there should be issues, but I haven't checked every enemy group affected by this component.