General BGEE Customization Pre V2.0

Comments

• RoegnarRoegnar Member Posts: 12
    edited January 2013
    I think I have it figured out.
    Post edited by Roegnar on
    edited January 2013
    put the spells in but it crashes at loading the 2 times I put them in, do the spell lvls have to be correct?
  • CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    Yes, everything has to be fully correct or I see a crash in your horoscope :)
    Would someone put the proper lvls next to those spells listed a bit ago and repost em? Would be very much appreciated.
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    Roegnar said:

Would someone put the proper lvls next to those spells listed a bit ago and repost em? Would be very much appreciated.

For those spells the level is the first digit after SPWI, i.e. 8th for the first four and 9th for the rest.
    Thank you Erg!
  • AlukaAluka Member Posts: 2
    I can't find the baldur.ini file anywhere. Is it called something different?
    edited February 2013
    Aluka said:

I can't find the baldur.ini file anywhere. Is it called something different?

Assuming that you're using BGEE on Windows, "Baldur.ini" should be inside the folder called "Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition" in My Documents.

If it isn't there, try starting the game at least once and look again.
  • EvilEvil Member Posts: 1

@Aosaw had closed a thread that I think was not quite the same as what's being discussed here, I think we were having trouble getting an edited baldur.ini file to stay edited it kept restoring to default without storing the "debug mode" line. I'm not sure if this is a windows 8 issue as that seems to be one difference between my system and those who are succeeding and running on windows xp/vista/7. If anyone is in a similar boat, try changing the file security settings to deny the system permission to modify your .ini file

I had this issue, setting permissions changed nothing. What finally got the damn thing to work for me was using ConTEXT instead of notepad. I have no idea why, but after I edited the .ini file in notepad, then loaded a game, it reverted back to unedited
    Evil said:

@Aosaw had closed a thread that I think was not quite the same as what's being discussed here, I think we were having trouble getting an edited baldur.ini file to stay edited it kept restoring to default without storing the "debug mode" line. I'm not sure if this is a windows 8 issue as that seems to be one difference between my system and those who are succeeding and running on windows xp/vista/7. If anyone is in a similar boat, try changing the file security settings to deny the system permission to modify your .ini file

I had this issue, setting permissions changed nothing. What finally got the damn thing to work for me was using ConTEXT instead of notepad. I have no idea why, but after I edited the .ini file in notepad, then loaded a game, it reverted back to unedited
    Almost any text editor, except Notepad, will work. Even Wordpad (the other text editor included with almost all versions of Windows) will do.
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    Just wondering, what happened to the old cheats for BG1, listed below? "Cheats:___" doesn't work with EE and their commands don't work with "CLUAConsole:___" either.

Cheats:TheGreatGonzo()
    - Summons 10 killer chickens who defend you.

Cheats:FirstAid()
    - Creates 5 healing potions, 5 neutralize poison potions, and 1 stone to flesh scroll.

Cheats:Midas()
    - Gives you 500 gold.

Cheats:CowKill()
    - Creates a CowKill spell if you're near a cow.

Cheats:DrizztAttacks()
    - Creates a hostile Drizzt.

Cheats:DrizztDefends()
    - Creates a friendly Drizzt.

Cheats:CriticalItems()
    - Spawns all the game's critical items.

Cheats:Hans()
    - Moves your characters to a free adjacent area.
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @Lemernis, use CLUACheats:[Command].
    edited February 2013
    Ah, excellent, thanks @Troodon80!
    Post edited by Lemernis on
    edited February 2013
    I'm going through old cheats to see what still works, and I came across this too

CLUAConsole:AddSpell("[spell tag]")

and I found a list of BG1 spell tags here

http://www.chaptercheats.com/cheat/pc/994/Baldurs-Gate/code/15372/

The console recognizes the command line but they don't work. Perhaps the spell codes have changed from BG1 for EE? (Sorry, I haven't installed NI yet. I'll be getting to that soon but have many irons in the fire.)
    edited February 2013
    @Lemernis, I don't know what works and what doesn't, but there is some interesting stuff in the EXE. I searched for Midas, and that's how I found the new version of the "Cheats" command. There are some commands that I don't remember seeing in BG or BG2. I could well be mistaken, however.

No idea what the first three are, they might be nothing to do with the console.
    WriteScript
    LogMessages
    LogSet

CLUAConsole
    PlayMovie //Plays a movie, example, CLUAConsole:PlayMovie("NASHKELL").
    TestAllDialog //No idea what this does.
    DisplayAllBAMFiles //Displays every BAM file, one after another.
    AdvanceRealTime //No idea what this does. It seems to be a long int, but doesn't do anything noticeable.
    CreateVEFVidCell //No idea.
    SetWaterAlpha //Doesn't seem to actually do anything.
    AddSpell
    EnableCheatKeys
    StrrefOff
    StrrefOn
    GetGlobal
    SetGlobal
    AddGold
    SetWeather
    ExploreArea
    CreateItem
    CreateCreature
    StartStore //Starts a store, example CLUAConsole:StartStore("INN0103") you have to get this right, otherwise it's crash-happy.
    CreateEngine //This one is a little weird, entering 0 brings up a "Character Arbitration" screen, which I assume is for multiplayer. 1 seems to bring up the current chapters introduction text/readout. Haven't tested much more than that.
    SetCurrentXP
    MoveToArea
    DisplayText //Just displays whatever you type in the text box.

CLUACheats
    TheGreatGonzo
    Hans
    FirstAid
    CriticalItems
    CowKill
    Midas
    DrizztDefends
    DrizztAttacks
    Post edited by Troodon80 on
    @Troodon80 WriteScript is a new Console debug function -

CLUAConsole:WriteScript("[Directory Name]") Output scripts to directory
    Note: If the mouse is over a creature, the command will evaluate the scripts attached to that creature. Otherwise it will evaluate the area scripts.
    Example - CLUAConsole:WriteScript("DebugScripts") will output the script results to a folder called DebugScripts in the root of your BG install.
    @Cuv, ah, silly me, you mentioned that in the first post.

Any comment on the other ones marked "No idea"?
    @Troodon80 No, I really dont know what they do.. but likely similar except it creates some kind of debug log??? I havent tried them
  • IsayaIsaya Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 752
    AdvanceRealTime may change the real time count. This is the time actually spent playing and is used for instance in romances in order to have talks spread without relying on the passage of time in the game (i.e. sleeping continuously doesn't influence).
    You need Near Infinity to view this counter in the save game.
    edited February 2013
    @Isaya, that's what I thought, but on examination of a couple different timers in the game save files, the timers (NEERATIMER, NEERATIMER2, RASAAD_CDEV1_TIMER, RASAAD_CDEV2_TIMER, and some others) don't seem to change after using AdvanceRealTime(1000) and saving the game. So, I have no idea.

It could just be a dummy function that doesn't currently do anything.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited February 2013
    @Troodon80 I don't remember any event in BG1 that uses realtime. I think it's only used in BG2 for the romances.
    Post edited by mlnevese on
  • IsayaIsaya Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 752
    edited February 2013
    @Troodon80, these timers never change once they're set. It's just the time counter that will reach their value sometimes in the future. Better increase one time counter then decrease a hundred countdowns, don't you think? ;-)

Besides, you never know (by the name), unless you check the scripts, if these timers are in game seconds or in real seconds.

If you view a GAM file from your save game with Near Infinity, check if that function impact the field called Game time (real seconds), considering that the time spent playing already increases it. So add a value big enough to distinguish with the time spent in game for the test, to be sure.
    @mlnevese, I remember Jaheira's romance was in real time, the thing I used to do was leave the game running in the background while I was doing something else, then bring it back up in a couple hours to see some dialogue options. It could well be something to do with that.

@Isaya, the Game Time variable only changes by a fraction (3), which I assume is the few seconds it takes for me to try it out and save the game. It doesn't seem to have any affect on whatever timer is used for Neera's speech, either.

I really have no idea what it does. I'll try out some other stuff tomorrow, see if whatever it does is stored in-memory.
    @Troodon80 I really believe you'll have to wait until BG2EE is out to have any use for AdvanceRealTime... maybe not waiting two real hours for a dialogue :)
  • MetallomanMetalloman Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,975
    edited February 2013
    Hello!
    Anyone knows if exists a console command for removing items from inventory?
    I have this test character I use for testing the translation, I added some Items via CLUAConsole to speed up the testing process and to not waste time on combat.
    Adding a simple Two Handed Sword "SW2H01" just to try out the console commands and then added many other items.
    When I tried to put off the futile items I saw that that 2hsword was glued to the inventory, I can' t remove it in any way.
    Could anyone tell me something about?
    This situation is really annoying and if there is a CLUA command it would be helpful. Thanks! :D
    @Metalloman For some reason the sword has the wrong flags. The easiest way would be to use EEKeeper to delete it.
    Very interesting!
    So I assume that a command for that operation doesn't exists..

Thanks, @Minevese, for the info! I will try EEkeeper even if I never used it! :D
    @Metalloman

You can also use NearInfinity (for this particular task NI is preferable to EEkeeper because it would not require a direct modification of the savegame):

1) start NearInfinity
    2) select the item under "ITM"
    3) go to the tab "Edit", find the attribute "Flags" and check "Droppable"
    4) save in NI to export the modified ITM file in override
    5) load your savegame
    6) drop the item from your inventory
    7) save your game and quit BGEE
    8) manually delete the ITM file from the override folder
    @Erg: Very useful info, many thanks, mate, I'll try this today! :D
  • OneAngryMushroomOneAngryMushroom Member Posts: 564
    OK I'm certain this sounds really noobish, but I can't find the Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\Data\00766\ folder I've tried searching for it. Is there something I need to activate or download to get it? I've already added the debug command in the BGEE.ini