Skip to content

Ask Beamdog

Comments

• HadarHadar Member Posts: 171
    @JuliusBorisov I have few question for your list:

On which consoles EE games will ported? Only for eight generation consoles (Wii U, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4 / PS4 Pro, Xbox One / XBO S / XBO X) or maybe for seventh generation consoles also (Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Wii)?

I assume that sixth generation consoles (Dreamcast, PlayStation 2, GameCube, Xbox) are to old for porting anything.

And will any handheld consoles of eighth generation (Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 3DS XL, Nintendo 2DS, New Nintendo 3DS, New Nintendo 3DS XL, New Nintendo 2DS XL, PS Vita (PCH-1000), PS Vita (PCH-2000)) or seventh generation (Nintendo DS / DS Lite / DSi / DSi XL, Playstation Portable PSP-1000 / PSP-2000 / PSP-3000 / PSP Go / PSP-E1000) get some love from Beamdog? :P
    StummvonBordwehrlolien
  • SteveRogers41SteveRogers41 Member Posts: 33
    It's been confirmed that the games will come to the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Nintendo Switch. Look at this post: https://www.facebook.com/SkyboundGames/photos/a.2122763874418822/2574023039292901/?type=3&theater
    TorgrimmerStummvonBordwehr
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    Okay, my question for Beamdog is: what do you plan to release after Axis & Allies Online?
    (Sorry, I was hoping for something different!)
    SteveRogers41kanisathaVseslav
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    edited February 2019

I could send an email for Wild Surge, but this thread is much easier:

Axis & Allies Online Questions:

How long has A&A been in development?

This title has been one of Beamdog's worst kept secrets, why did it take so long to be officially announced?

How did Beamdog secure the rights to creating this game? It is a step away from what they are accustom to. Did WotC approach Beamdog or did Trent approach them?

What platforms (and online stores) is A&A going to be released on? Any plans for console?

There are about 10 spin offs, plus a slew of different versions of this game. What version is the A&A Online going to follow? Will other versions or spin offs not part of the original release be considered for DLC?

I am a Risk man myself, and have never played A&A, how will the Online version teach us noobs about the game? Is there going to be a Private Alvaeus Malcanter walking us through it?

How is multiplayer going to work? Will there be ranked matching? How about local multiplayer?

There have been three previous video games released of Axis & Allies, the last one in 2008. How is this version going to differ from those?

Will the game be moddable? If so how (maps, rules, units, different countries, everything in between)?

Any chance of a Collector's Edition being released with the game?

When can I buy it and how much money do you want for it? Is there going to be a countdown clock like every other Beamdog release since Baldur's Gate?

Will the Soultaker plotline be resolved in A&A or is @ThacoBell going to have to wait a tad longer for that?

May we please get a screenshot or thirty-seven of game play?

That's all the questions I can think of now. usually I sleep on it, and then send an email, but I guess I can edit them in later instead of having to wait.

edit: might as well compile all the questions from the actual thread here:

What languages is this game going to be available in? Localization?

Part of the games charm is being able to flip the table on your opponent (or watching someone rage quit after you humiliate them at the game) after being defeated. Any chance of having that implemented into the game?

What engine is the game going to run in? What type of specs should people expect to run the game on?
    anastiellolien[Deleted User]JFK
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    @deltago
    Can you please add "In which languages will the game be available?" Thanks :)
    lolien[Deleted User]
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Ya, I think I am just going to monitor both threads and keep adding to the list.
    Aedan
  • realshemprealshemp Member Posts: 33
    Can Icewind Dale 2 Enhanced edition be made without source code?

According to several extensive replies by Trent, no, unfortunately.

Well, this is definitely a kick in the pants. I loved Icewind Dale II and would love to be able to play it on my iPad, or to play other 3rd Edition ruleset games in the infinity engine.
    wildfire wrote: »
    Is there a possibility to make Icewind dale 3 ?

I would love to know the answer to this question! Also, what are the chances of getting an Icewind Dale type dungeon crawler set in another area of Faerun?
    On another note, I think it would be amazing to play a game with the scope of Baldur's Gate II (epic storyline RPG, not necessarily dungeon crawls that IWD and IWDII were) set in the Icewind Dale area. Is there even a slim chance of this happening?
    spacejaws wrote: »
    They’ve not really been vague about new content for the current Baldur’s Gate games. They’ve said they arn't interested in creating any new DLC’s or substantial content for the IE games, instead they would want to work on new stuff.

The wording of this leaves an opening for a NEW ie game, not an expansion or DLC for the existing games... unless I'm missing something. There are ALOT of other areas within faerun, would Beamdog consider developing a new ie game based in one of the other regions? I'm sure it's been asked before but I haven't seen a definitive answer to that question.

I have no interest in playing any games not set in faerun and not using the D&D ruleset, nor do I like the Neverwinter Nights game engine so the answer to this question is vitally important to my continued interest in Beamdog games.
    I really hope Beamdog hasn't decided to just focus on technical improvements. I've never really been interested in the technical improvements and never will be because I can make all the classics work on modern systems with minimal effort and it's not enough to draw me back.
    I've found a lot of Beamdog's content to be entertaining, especially on the gameplay side but on the story side as well, and especially when removed from the expectations of writing for someone else's game I think they could really shine. Money left on the table!

I agree with this. I already own the original games (multiple version of some) and can easily get them to run on any modern system. I was even able to use GemRB to get them running on Android tablets (although the UI was difficult to use).
    What drew me back and led me to purchase the enhanced editions was the availability on iPad. I have no interest in console ports for these gmaes or in games that are only available on the PC since I don't have time to sit in front of a console or PC playing any games. I DO have 10-20 hours per week of time in the vanpool, sitting in kids gymnastics classes, etc where I can play on my iPad. Does the announcement of a console port for the infinity engine games mean that this will be all that they're working on moving forward? Is this truly the end of the line for infinity engine games on mobile devices?
    [Deleted User]Vseslav
  • anastielanastiel Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 246
    edited February 2019
    possible update for beamdog launcher support others version ubuntu linux?
    TorgrimmerKamigoroshi[Deleted User]
  • TorgrimmerTorgrimmer Member Posts: 331
    Thank you very much @JuliusBorisov these answer many questions on my mind including the one of mine included thank you. Thank you for the hard work and looking forward to more.
    JuliusBorisovanastiellolien
  • SteveRogers41SteveRogers41 Member Posts: 33
    I know a lot of fans want SOD NPCs in BG2 (myself included), but I would rather see old BG1 NPCs added instead. I'd like to know if that's even possible, with rights issues and all that. I've heard before that original content can't be changed, so I understand that characters like Coran, Garrick, Xzar, etc. would never work. But what about Xan, Kivan, Branwen, and anyone else who never appeared in BG2? Would just like to know if this is even feasible.
    AndreaColombo[Deleted User]Vseslav
  • rede9rede9 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,947
    - Arcanum EE
    - PST Frame Rate Bar ported to BG
    - Replace PST English quotation marks "" with hooked quotation marks «».
  • MusaabMusaab Member Posts: 92
    How many devs are working on the patches for each of your Enhanced Editions?
    Aedan
  • onelasttry84onelasttry84 Member Posts: 52
    alright, since my question didn't make the cut for the february update I'm shamelessly quoting myself and post it again :#
    Question at Beamdog:

since you probably have to create a new and controller-friendly version of the UI for consoles, would it be possible to make it available for PC gamers as an option?

I'm already playing EE titles with a steam controller and laptop hooked up to my TV. It's fun and works okish but far from perfect... A proper controller UI would be awesome.

Thanks!

lolien
  • MassMaxMassMax Member Posts: 1
    Any news/ETA on the next stable update for NWN:EE? The last stable update pushed to users was back in November and we are now in the last week of February. I'm so looking forward to the achievements :(
    anastielRaduziel[Deleted User]MERLANCE
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • UnrealMarineUnrealMarine Member Posts: 1
    Achievments for NWN:EE or 1.79 - when? Achievments were supposed to arrive in late January, it's March already and no sign of them.
    TorgrimmerMassMax
  • anastielanastiel Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 246
    blog off?
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    edited March 2019
    I have a couple of questions.
    1. Is there a problem with either the BD client or your servers. For the past week I've either not been able to log in on the first attempt and when I do I get a whole bunch of 500 errors for the various NwN EE things in my list.
    2. When is the next bug-fix patch due for NwN EE. It's been at least 2 months since the last one.

[edit]
    Looks like the client update received yesterday (13/3/2019) has appeared to fix number 1.

TR
    Post edited by TarotRedhand on
    DerpCity
  • alexey_koalexey_ko Member Posts: 1
    1. Are there any plans/ news about patch/ expansion etc for Planescape: Torment?
    2. Are there any plans/ news about Arcanum EE?
    MiraStastnyanastiel
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,343
    edited March 2019
    Here is the blog entry.
    Awesome news. Thanks <3

On famous mods as DLC’s for platforms where you cant mod the platform: would you accept forumites help in reaching out and getting in touch with the modders? Or do you prefer to do it yourselves? I am personally really really excited about the news, and I am willing to help any way possible..

Edit: came up with some ways I didnt wanted to helpful in... but I will help with most thingsø
    JuliusBorisov