Skip to content

Did you know?

Comments

• mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    BillyYank wrote: »
    Raduziel wrote: »
    Sphere of Chaos, aka my room before the military fix me up.

You lived in a spherical room?

My basement is a rectangular prism of chaos.

Your living quarters are just 3 dimensional? How limited...
    Wise_GrimwaldThacoBell
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    :D You forgot about time.
    ThacoBellmlnevese

Actually they never mentioned their quarters moved through time... they mentioned just cubes and spheres not hyper-cubes and hyper-spheres.
  • ChroniclerChronicler Member Posts: 1,391
    What would a Sphere of Law do?
    mlnevese wrote: »

Actually they never mentioned their quarters moved through time... they mentioned just cubes and spheres not hyper-cubes and hyper-spheres.

They move through time by doing nothing like we all do.
    mlneveseThacoBell
    mlnevese wrote: »

They move through time by doing nothing like we all do.

You don't know that. Maybe the room only exists in only a singular moment. Entering and leaving the room entails time travel.
    mlneveseWise_Grimwald
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    edited October 2019
    Chronicler wrote: »

Make it so I can't speed, jaywalk, text at stoplights, wear my non-safety glasses at my lab desk, not wear my steel-toed safety shoes when I'm transporting 1 gallon of methanol 25 feet to the next lab, sit inside my vehicle while I'm gassing up and it's 30 below zero outside, not make a complete stop at a 4-way stop when there's nobody around, cross railroad tracks when the cross-bar is down and the lights are flashing for no apparent reason because there isn't a train anywhere near, etc..., etc..., etc...
    Post edited by Balrog99 on
    Chronicler
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Chronicler wrote: »

Enlist you in the military.
    AerakarChroniclerStummvonBordwehr
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    edited October 2019
    Did you know that different bard songs are cummulative?

So if in IWD you have a Skald and a Bard you could have them sing skald song and ballad of the three heroes for a total of +3 attack and damage at level 1 .
    Post edited by DJKajuru on
    mlneveseWise_GrimwaldRaduzielJuliusBorisov
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    Not only is Tazok smarter than the average half-ogre, he can read and write!

k9rqz70o3a24.png
    dnkt7nsp9srs.png

I mean, maybe it's possible that someone else (like Venkt maybe) read and wrote these for Tazok. But Tazok is portrayed as more intelligent than most half-ogres, so maybe he really can read and write.
    Montresor_SP
    He has an intelligence of 11, so there is no reason why he shouldn't be able to read and write.
    https://baldursgate.fandom.com/wiki/Tazok
    ButtercheeseMontresor_SPThacoBellAerakar
    I mean, it's weird to picture a half-ogre sitting at a desk learning his penmanship, but there are ogre mages, so presumably there must be some sort of ogre educational resources available somewhere.
    Wise_GrimwaldButtercheeseMontresor_SPAerakar
    Even if they don't learn it from other ogres.
    DJKajuruMontresor_SPthebutler
    Gods never truly die. They may stay dormant for millenia just to return. Except Mystra, of course. That's her special ability :wink:

A newly ascended God does have a lot of power and it would take centuries to die for lack of powers. Otherwise the ritual of ascension would be a death sentence.
    ThacoBellMontresor_SPAerakar
  • PokotaPokota Member Posts: 858
    DJKajuru wrote: »
    -The SoD epilogue scene where Corwyn has you cornered in the sewers and then you jump is a clear reference to Harrison Ford's "The fugitive" . I'm old enough to remember it s2
    "I didn't kill Skie."

"I don't care."
    OlvynChuru wrote: »
    Charname at end of Throne of Bhaal: I take Bhaal's essence to become a god.

(Basically no one knows Charname has become a god, so no one worships him/her.)

(A few days later, Charname is a dead god, a husk on the Astral Plane.)

When I got there, I neither became a god nor died.
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    OlvynChuru wrote: »
    Charname at end of Throne of Bhaal: I take Bhaal's essence to become a god.

(Basically no one knows Charname has become a god, so no one worships him/her.)

(A few days later, Charname is a dead god, a husk on the Astral Plane.)

When I got there, I neither became a god nor died.

i never became a god in any of my playthroughs.
    elminsterThacoBell
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited February 2020
    There was a sourcebook that came out a year or so after Baldur's Gate 2 called Volo's Guide to Baldur's Gate 2. Most of it had nothing to do with the actual video game or it's locations. However, in it we learn that Volo really doesn't think much of Crimmor, the 'caravan centre' of Amn.

(Spoilered since the description gets kind of graphic)
    ef71k9hlctxr.png
    AerakarmlneveseJuliusBorisov
    elminster wrote: »
    There was a sourcebook that came out a year or so after Baldur's Gate 2 called Volo's Guide to Baldur's Gate 2. Most of it had nothing to do with the actual video game or it's locations. However, in it we learn that Volo really doesn't think much of Crimmor, the 'caravan centre' of Amn.

(Spoilered since the description gets kind of graphic)
    ef71k9hlctxr.png

Glad to see you're still posting here @elminster. I thought my Charname bounty hunter killed you multiple times not long ago. How'd you survive when all you had on you was a lousy wooden stick? ;)
    AerakarWise_Grimwaldmlneveseelminster
    elminster wrote: »
    You killed 'Elminster' not 'elminster'

The true elminster never capitalizes his name and instead sends out simulacrums and clones to handle day to day affairs. People are easily fooled by this. Even the writers at Wizards of the Coast have been fooled.

Wait, does that include that Terminsel guy? I thought he was your little brother or something...
    mlnevese