Skip to content

Quick save lag

Hi everyone, I'm all new here and tried to find a solution to my problem but couldn't find anything.

I'm currently playing BG:EE on an android and I noticed a little lag when I quick save my game... at beginning of the game it used to save instantly but I'm now in chapter 6 and when I click on the button it takes like 2 or 3 seconds (even the sound goes off for a second ) is it normal ?

Comments

• jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    The save contains copies of every area you've visited, every store you've opened up ... as the game goes on, it inevitably gets bigger. Checking some sizes from chapter saves, all representing the same fairly generic run:

Chapter 2 start: 564,462 bytes
    Chapter 3 start: 838,138 bytes
    Chapter 4 start: 935,435 bytes
    Chapter 5 start: 989,914 bytes
    Chapter 6 start: 1,330,769 bytes
    Chapter 7 start: 1,368,677 bytes
    Final save: 1,541,282 bytes

More stuff in the save means it takes longer to process. Seems perfectly normal and expected to me. Though of course the relatively low processing power of your system makes it more noticeable.
  • Donovan_08Donovan_08 Member Posts: 2
    jmerry wrote: »
    The save contains copies of every area you've visited, every store you've opened up ... as the game goes on, it inevitably gets bigger. Checking some sizes from chapter saves, all representing the same fairly generic run:

Chapter 2 start: 564,462 bytes
    Chapter 3 start: 838,138 bytes
    Chapter 4 start: 935,435 bytes
    Chapter 5 start: 989,914 bytes
    Chapter 6 start: 1,330,769 bytes
    Chapter 7 start: 1,368,677 bytes
    Final save: 1,541,282 bytes

More stuff in the save means it takes longer to process. Seems perfectly normal and expected to me. Though of course the relatively low processing power of your system makes it more noticeable.

Thanks for the answer :) I noticed the total of my saves is like 7mb if it's normal then it's okay I was wondering cuz it wasn't like that at the beginning of the game
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    7 MB does seem a bit high, if that's all from one save (the contents of a single #########-Save folder). That "final save" I quoted from - after clearing basically everything in the standard BGEE campaign - was at a little over 300K for the .GAM file and a little under 800K for the .SAV file. Sounds like something in your setup is causing these to be larger than usual, which would make things take longer. And if taken to an extreme, it might even cause crashes. (The other files in that folder are a bunch of BMPs; small ones for the character portraits, and a larger one at over 300K which is basically a screenshot of where the party is.)