Skip to content

When may I pre-order SoD?

Comments

• SkaroseSkarose Member Posts: 247
    From what I understand, the game is done . I've got to believe they are wrestling with incorporating the new benefits into coding for BGEE and BG2EE. Changing the interface, adding a new class re-doing the pathfinding. It is my hope that while they are doing this they also address the trilogy aspect of the NPCs. If use a few tome of wisdoms on Vic in BGEE, I'd love it if she retained those stat increases in BG2EE.
  • 11302101130210 Member Posts: 381
    Skarose said:

From what I understand, the game is done . I've got to believe they are wrestling with incorporating the new benefits into coding for BGEE and BG2EE. Changing the interface, adding a new class re-doing the pathfinding. It is my hope that while they are doing this they also address the trilogy aspect of the NPCs. If use a few tome of wisdoms on Vic in BGEE, I'd love it if she retained those stat increases in BG2EE.

Yeah! That would be sick! I kinda hate being a mage or something and just having to use the tomes on myself because it wouldn't transfer over. That would be a great tweak to make.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Skarose said:

From what I understand, the game is done .

I don't believe the game has gone gold, i.e. the development cycle has not been completed. According to Trent, they recently finished a massive playthrough and came up with a few ways to make it even better, not just features, they're looking at making the experience better, including the story.
  • ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    KurumiGrammarsaladjackjackGemHound
  • DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    "Soon (TM Blizzard 2004)"
    Ardul
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    "Where are we going?"
    "Dragonspear Castle!"
    "When are we going?"
    "Real soon!"

CheesebellyDragonspearjackjackSkarose
  • KurumiKurumi Member Posts: 520
    edited October 2015

The UI is totally overhauled, most of it is softcoded now. This would take time even if we kept all the old art assets, but everything is repainted.

Ha! .. I guess this is the part where Soulmarine comes into play? ;)

Don't ever make a bet with a tiefling. - Planar proverb.
    Post edited by Kurumi on
    JuliusBorisov
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    BillyYank said:

"Where are we going?"
    "Dragonspear Castle!"
    "When are we going?"
    "Real soon!"

Trying real hard to reach it, but I'm getting constantly waylaid by enemies and must defend myself. Then Kivan is a dum dum and travels the wrong way and I have to gather my party, it's getting a bit annoying honestly!
    Dragonspear
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    Hmmm. I can understand that no deadline or eta is given on the game release. But i think what people really want to know is what is required for the preorder to go public.
    The way I see it, a pre-order would imply the game is in its final development phase, when they are absolutely sure it's 100% playable with no game breaking bug, nor with any particular lack of content that would make the whole deal look weird.

On top of that, once pre-orders are off, chances are they likely won't have *any* time to safely add more content to the game, as it may make the whole expansion unstable again. It's a risk they cannot really afford to take, I reckon.
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    Well, that depends. Some games you can preorder a year in advance, so you never know....
    Cheesebelly
    Very true, it's being done more and more often. Big companies go on with these "Pre-order and you get X for free!" - well the thing is, IF I pay for something, I don't really get *ANYTHING* for free, if we want to be technical D:
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    lroumen said:

Hmmm. I can understand that no deadline or eta is given on the game release. But i think what people really want to know is what is required for the preorder to go public.

In the past Beamdog has started pre-orders when the game goes into (private) beta. Aka all story elements in place, all quests done, and initial QA finished. All that is left are a few bugs for testers to track down.
    Skarose
  • GhavGrimGhavGrim Member Posts: 35
    GhavGrim said:

Alas! I've played the merry hell out of BG1 and the Black Pits.
    I've single player'd, ran a multiplayer 6xparty, roleplayed it, powergamed it.
    I'm ready to move on.

(although i'm not sure whether to use my BG1 charname with the equipment/pantaloons, or the Black Pit one with the higher XP)

I'm ripe and ready for BG2... My card details are burning a hole in my hand...
    But if this expansion fits between them then I....have....to.....do....it....in.....order.....
    PLEASEPLEASEPLEASE release this soon, or I may *polymorphself* #explodingchicken

OK, Icewind Dale EE staved off my hunger pains for two months.
    MuchFun, multiple runthroughs.
    Now I would really really like some Siege of Dragonspear.
    Really very much.
    *Casts Dominate*
    ...You will release this...now.
    DragonspearJuliusBorisov
  • bleusteelbleusteel Member Posts: 523
    Now!!!!!!!!!!!
  • LifatLifat Member Posts: 353
    bleusteel said:

Now!!!!!!!!!!!

Doubtful that they'd make any big announcement on a monday. So far their big announcements have been on Sundays for some reason.
    My guess is that they will give us the release date, either on the 6th or the 13th of march 2016.
    They may even allow pre-order at the same time. Hopefully they will also release the new UI stuff for bg1 and bg2 at that same date, so that those of us who've been waiting for it can start playing bg1 up to the point where SoD releases.
    BelgarathMTH
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    bleusteel said:

Hmmmm, I wonder what is the meaning of this funny message I got in my inbox after clicking pre-order on the SoD page then....

"This is the receipt for your pre-order of Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear. With 2d6 of Love (Save vs Spell for half), Beamdog "

WHERE D I D YOU FIND THAT BUTTON?
    AstroBryGuyArdul
  • LifatLifat Member Posts: 353
    bleusteel said:

Hmmmm, I wonder what is the meaning of this funny message I got in my inbox after clicking pre-order on the SoD page then....

"This is the receipt for your pre-order of Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear. With 2d6 of Love (Save vs Spell for half), Beamdog "

HEY!!!! Not okay to rick-roll people like that. Not when it is about something as important as SoD!
    The button is gone now. I've got the PayPal receipt...$19.99.

@Dee, what's up? Just testing the button? Is my pre-order legit?

JuliusBorisovAstroBryGuylolien
  • EnialusMeliamneEnialusMeliamne Member Posts: 399
    And now I'm officially amped! I'm wicked pleased to hear that the pre-order is coming (again...) soon.
    edited February 2016
    BTW, @Dee, the price should be 19.98, not 19.99, according to Phillip Daigle at least :smiley:
    justfeelinathome[Deleted User]
    I'll expect a penny credit to my PayPal.
    ValamirCleaverRaduzielNonnahswriterYupImMadBro
  • ValamirCleaverValamirCleaver Member Posts: 184
    bengoshi said:

Release the kraken!

"Release the Norse sea monster!" said the Greek God that happened to look like an English actor or an Irish one that for some unknown explanation is wearing extremely anachronistic Gothic plate if for some strange reason you happen to be watching the remake...

JuliusBorisov