Skip to content

Siege of Dragonspear Tablet Beta Testers Needed!

PhillipDaiglePhillipDaigle Member Posts: 654
edited February 2018 in News

Update: iOS Beta is now Live!

If you've signed up previously with an iOS device you'll be getting an email from Apple's testing service called "Testflight".

You'll be prompted via email to install Testflight and, once installed, you can install the game from there.

Hi friends.

Do you want to help test out the tablet version of Siege of Dragonspear?

We’re currently looking for humans, elves, dwarves, barghests, half-elves, half-orcs, full-orcs, double-orcs, gnomes, and aasimars who are interested in helping us lay siege to our next mobile release.

To be more precise, we're looking for tablet testers. We don't need any desktop testers for this test, though I still cherish their thoughts and opinions.

What should you do if you’re interested?

Do you know what kind of tablet you have? If not: flip it over, take a good long gander at the numbers and letters on it, and then sign up with this form.

What happens next?

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find me your application is selected, we will contact you and authorize you to access the game in Google Play or TestFlight (iOS).

PLEASE NOTE: Google Play requires beta testers to purchase the game to test it. After the beta the game will become a regular retail copy of the game on Android. Please do not sign up for the beta if you aren't interested in making a purchase.

Your contribution

When testing our game you will be able to give all the feedback you want, file bug reports and make feature requests. It will be invaluable to us and will help to make the final product as good as possible.

Thank you in advance for your participation!
Post edited by PhillipDaigle on
JuliusBorisovAedanStummvonBordwehrCr4zyJtaclane_Luke_elminsterlolienPhyrekspacejaws

Comments

• DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    edited February 2018
    When you have an iOS tablet, do you need to use the same form? (Because I just did)
    tbone1
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985

When you have an iOS tablet, do you need to use the same form? (Because I just did)

Ditto. I put "iPad (modelnumber)" when it asked about my Android setup.
  • PhillipDaiglePhillipDaigle Member Posts: 654

That's fine, we'll be trawling through the list manually.
    fetito666
  • Cr4zyJCr4zyJ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 208
    edited February 2018
    I have 2 android tablets and a "phablet". Are you interested in only users running stock Roms or do you also want people who can run Android 8.1 (the latest) via a custom rom? Do you also need to know how it runs on phablets? Mine is 5.5"

I hope i get in to be an android tester again. Did you send out the invites for today yet and is this going to be a big group?
    Phablets count, and any recent version of Android is valid. We'll consider Android phones as well but we're primarily concerned about tablets right now.
    fetito666
  • fetito666fetito666 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 204
    edited February 2018
    Lucky me I was able to buy all Beamdog titles on Google Play, because I had some overtime at work and some extra bucks this month.

So much retro feelings now on my Android tablet!
    Post edited by fetito666 on
    StummvonBordwehrCahirGreenWarlock
  • BelegCuthalionBelegCuthalion Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 453
    I've applied with my Google pixel c android 8.1, looking forward to test (if I get in).
    So far, all ee with 2.5beta run smoothly, so I hope/guess the pink elephant in the room does too.
    Hi folks,

We've sent out the first wave of emails. This was a fairly small wave as we dip our toes in the water. If you weren't in Wave 1, you'll likely be in Wave 2.
  • fetito666fetito666 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 204
    @PhillipDaigle: Thanks!

The beta forum is still locked? "Permission Problem: You don't have permission to do that."
  • Airman1991Airman1991 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 50
    edited February 2018
    I made a mistake on my form. I put my forum name as Airman199 1 instead of Airman1991. @JuliusBorisov @PhillipDaigle
  • rede9rede9 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,947
    edited February 2018

PLEASE NOTE: Google Play requires beta testers to purchase the game to test it. After the beta the game will become a regular retail copy of the game on Android. Please do not sign up for the beta if you aren't interested in making a purchase.

Ops. I didn't read this paragraph. I hope you will got lucky.
  • BelegCuthalionBelegCuthalion Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 453
    Downloading ...
    StummvonBordwehrrede9
  • rede9rede9 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,947

Downloading ...

Let me check the mail... nothing. I have not been chosen. Is my device unsuitable?
  • StaranStaran Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 295
    edited February 2018
    I got approved for the beta even though I only have an iOS device!
    Maybe next time, or the time after I will read the entire post before applying
    Another wave of invites have been sent out. Starting tomorrow we're going to be inviting a lot more people in.
    elminsterJuliusBorisovfetito666
  • gra_ulvgra_ulv Member Posts: 5
    Signed up. It's not much of a tablet but it plays KOTOR well.
  • SACIBENGALASACIBENGALA Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1
    Hey, I' m signed just waiting for the key to help :)
  • rayvinluan2rayvinluan2 Member Posts: 1
    Hey just signed up for the beta test hopefully I can get the key code
  • elvee68elvee68 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 35
    I signed up earlier today
  • PhyrekPhyrek Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 6
    I just signed up, I'll be waiting for the response :smiley:
    Another wave of beta invites has also been sent out to Android testers.
    JuliusBorisov
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    Signed up.
    JuliusBorisov
  • glenpglenp Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 23
    Can’t wait to get started, signed up as soon as I saw the post.
    JuliusBorisov
  • chinovampirochinovampiro Member Posts: 8
    Hey just signed up! I have bought all the beam dog games from Android play store. Can't wait for the invite, thanks in advance to the team!
    fetito666JuliusBorisov
  • SantuzzoSantuzzo Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1
    Hi guys are still in time for the beta?
    JuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Of course! We're still looking for testers.
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    edited February 2018
    If we find an issue, does it go in redmine under SoD, or is there some other category?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Yes, into the Redmine under SoD, please.
    tbone1StummvonBordwehr
  • chinovampirochinovampiro Member Posts: 8
    Are you guys still sending out testing code for the Android or the testing for Android is already over and it is only for the iOS for now? Because I didn’t a code for android
This discussion has been closed.