Skip to content

Imoen permadeath. *spoilers*

WorgWorg Member Posts: 170
I would suggest that if Imoen dies in both BG1 and BG2, she dies for good. She is a Bhaal-spawn and Bhaal-spawns don't get a second chance. This is a plothole that is pretty big in my opinion.
riyahhassettCrevsDaakKidCarnival

Comments

• SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    And it would ruin the game aswell. There comes a point where you must sacrifice some of the story to make a good game.
    CrevsDaakelminster
  • WorgWorg Member Posts: 170
    SionIV said:

And it would ruin the game aswell. There comes a point where you must sacrifice some of the story to make a good game.

Only in the way it connects BG 1 and 2. I would then suggest that Imoen leave the party when she goes to 0 hit points in bg1 and permadies in bg2 after spellhold.

No one would use her then, if she dies once she's gone for good. Why spend time on her if you're going to lose her to any spell flying her way?
    edited October 2013
    SionIV said:

No one would use her then, if she dies once she's gone for good. Why spend time on her if you're going to lose her to any spell flying her way?

Because you like the character? I don't know. All I am saying is that Imoen is a walking, talking plothole. The whole game is based on the Bhaalspawn killing eachother and not being resurected (well, sarevok but that is another topic).

riyahhassettCrevsDaak
    You won't find a single game out there that doesn't have plotholes.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    This sounds like a great idea for a mod.
    CrevsDaakWillyML4elminster
    edited October 2013
    SionIV said:

You won't find a single game out there that doesn't have plotholes.

Ah, but here we are possibly in a position to fix it. I don't really know the BEST way, but I am sure it can be done.
  • ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    I'd much rather they kill her off in Spellhold, as originally intended, and complete Yoshimo's questline.

I'd much rather they kill her off in Spellhold, as originally intended, and complete Yoshimo's questline.

Yes and no. I think it would have been fun if we had gotten the choice to either save yoshimo the traitor from the geas or Imoen the bhaalspawn who should permadie none the less.
    There is nothing more fun than hard decisions.
    alnairWillyML4
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    Dee said:

ImoenBgone: Removes Imoen as NPC

In Baldur's Gate 1, Imoen comes says hi after you get out of candlekeep, then goes her own way. You meet her later in Baldur's Gate where she says hi (but never joins the party).

BG2 she shows up long enough to break you out and then leaves to meet you outside because she's gotta get outta here, man! Then she goes outside and meets Irenicus.

You run into her later in Spellhold and she says thanks bud and takes off. The end. Never joins the party as an NPC.

WorgCrevsDaakKidCarnival

Dee said:

ImoenBgone: Removes Imoen as NPC

In Baldur's Gate 1, Imoen comes says hi after you get out of candlekeep, then goes her own way. You meet her later in Baldur's Gate where she says hi (but never joins the party).

BG2 she shows up long enough to break you out and then leaves to meet you outside because she's gotta get outta here, man! Then she goes outside and meets Irenicus.

You run into her later in Spellhold and she says thanks bud and takes off. The end. Never joins the party as an NPC.

Not exactly what I had in mind, but a step in the right direction I suppose as it does solve many problems. ;)
  • RadwulfRadwulf Member Posts: 49
    You could have Imoen panic and run off if she 'dies' and return next time you rest or change area. Might lead to some abusive tactics though.
    CrevsDaak
  • TvrtkoSvrdlarTvrtkoSvrdlar Member Posts: 353
    edited November 2013
    Worg said:

Yes and no. I think it would have been fun if we had gotten the choice to either save yoshimo the traitor from the geas or Imoen the bhaalspawn who should permadie none the less.
    There is nothing more fun than hard decisions.
    Yup, this is what we need. Give us a choice to save Immy, or sacrifice her and help Yoshimo. Imoen's importance to the plot is pretty much over after Spellhold anyway. And this wouldn't be changing the original story (something which Overhaul isn't allowed to do), because it would just add a choice.

If you ignore the choice (in dialogue), then Yoshimo dies and the game continues on its way like before. But if you opt for Yoshimo, then Imoen dies and a new path opens up (the one where you save Yoshimo and he joins you after you free him of his geas). It's basically adding another branching path to the game, and one which is new and is permissible under their contract, as it *expands* the game instead of changing it.

Overhaul wouldn't be tampering with the story because it's possible to dump Immy after Spellhold, and this doesn't impact the playthrough in anyway. Might as well give players a choice and allow them to sacrifice her for good, and have Yoshimo join instead.

Like I always say, the more choices, the better! :)