Skip to content

Show active spells on character, maybe in dialogue box

RadwulfRadwulf Member Posts: 49
I play BG(2) with SCS(2) and really enjoy it, but there are occasions where your spells have no effect and you can't figure out why because the visual feedback cues are inadequate and trawling the dialogue history is a pain. Could a list of active spells on characters be shown to make this less annoying.

Comments

• VintrastormVintrastorm Member Posts: 216
    Active spells/effects usually puts an icon on your characters face. Resistance to fire puts little flames, haste buts a white boot etc.
    These are, AFAIK, also present in the record screen (just press R)
    You don't see them?
  • RadwulfRadwulf Member Posts: 49
    I'm referring to enemies mostly. When you play with AI mods they cast a load of defensive spells on themselves. You can scroll back through the dialogue box to find out what they've cast but it's tiresome. What I would like is a means for you to see what spells or buffs are active on a character (mostly enemies) in an easy to see format.
  • VintrastormVintrastorm Member Posts: 216
    Perhaps as add-ons in the tooltip?
  • TvrtkoSvrdlarTvrtkoSvrdlar Member Posts: 353

Perhaps as add-ons in the tooltip?

That's actually a very good idea.

Include a checkbox in the options menu that, when ticked, displays all the defensive spells currently active on an enemy when you hover over their name with the cursor.
  • jimmyw404jimmyw404 Member Posts: 8
    5 year necro: Does something like this exist in the game? I'm enjoying the fights but am running into not only the issue asked by the OP, but also a compounded issue where modded spells make spell defense/removal spells work differently and it's very hard to figure out how to beat casting opponents!!