Skip to content

Increased difficulty for Rasaads quest in the Cloud Peaks

SedSed Member Posts: 790
Just literally ran through Rasaads questline in the Cloud Peaks without even stopping for a pause. The monks are a little too pushover to even be fun, and the enemies are wolfs (first enemy outside of Candlekeep), goblins and a few low level monks.

Considering this event takes place in chapter five, it feels extremely bad balanced/low leveled.

Any chance this could be either "upgraded" or at least make it available earlier than chapter 5 to scale it better?

@Dee @Avenger_Teambg

Comments

• mackosmackos Member Posts: 188
    increasing difficulty is never bad
  • KratokKratok Member Posts: 42
    Yeah, I've had the same 'problem'. You get there pretty late, but the difficulty seems to have been designed so that you could complete it at any level. I generally prefer difficult content in any case and wouldn't mind if just about everything was a bit tougher, but Rasaad's quest in particular does stand out as too easy. Quite a big contrast to Neera's final fight for example, which is one of the tougher fights if you go there as soon as you can.

I think the difficulty of that questline could easily be doubled, even tripled.
  • SedSed Member Posts: 790
    Any chance to get a comment from the team on this topic?
    @LiamEsler @Dee @Coriander (namedropping ftw)
  • karnor00karnor00 Member Posts: 680
    I think the fact that the quest is so easy shows just how weak monks are at low levels.
  • MaxxximusMaxxximus Member Posts: 322
    Sed said:

Any chance to get a comment from the team on this topic?
    @LiamEsler @Dee @Coriander (namedropping ftw)

Yes let's wait a little bit :smiley:
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    @Maxxximus Impressive necromancy. I don't really want to encourage more of this but I'll answer the question. I don't know of any plans to change this. I can only suggest playing on higher difficulties if you aren't already, or using mods that make combat more challenging.
  • SedSed Member Posts: 790
    @Coriander I had almost forgotten about this topic. Almost 2 years ;)
    Thanks for answering the post. The problem with this area is that even on higher difficulties, it's just too easy. SCS won't really change this either. Basically we would need a mod that overhauls the hole area. It feels a bit "meh!" when you can just auto attack through Rasaads final encounter.