Skip to content

Allied summons turning hostile when hit despite being immune to damage

RadwulfRadwulf Member Posts: 49
Now it's been a while but I do recall this being a problem. One of my preferred tactics is to make my melee fighters spell damage immune, support them with elemental summons, and then fling damaging spells into the middle. In theory this should be great, but in practice summons seem to turn hostile despite your actions not actually hurting them or even healing them. I would like it if allies turning hostile was linked exclusively to damage received rather than merely being hit.

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    This happened since BG1 (there are no immune-to-a-damage-type, but it happened too) and happened in BG2, it would be a nice thing if they improve it, I hate Devas and Planetars turning hostile with Sunfires and Fireballs while they are immune to it.
  • NeonfiskNeonfisk Member Posts: 75
    Another anoying thing is when summons turn hostile because THEY hit YOU with their own spells. I remember that happening a lot with Planetars and their blade aura.

I am sure someone did fix it in a mod somewhere, because I remember using Mordenkainen's Sword in Incendiary Cloud before (they would switch targets but didn't turn hostile).
  • bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    I believe it's fixable. Mordy sword by default cant be harm by anything except magic damage. It wont turn hostile if you hit it with anything else (although it will try to attack you, but it's always a green circle so you can control it.)