Skip to content

Fighter unique HLA

This might be a little late for a request but I'll give it a shot anyway :)
I've noticed that both Rangers and Paladins have one unique HLA(Summon deva and tracking).
It seems unfair that fighters don't get one.
I was think something along the lines of:
Superior Specialization
- adds 4 dmg to all attacks made by a weapon in which the fighter has at least mastery(3*).
or
- one extra 1/2 attack per round in mastered weapon.
I like passive abilities :)
Only selectable once. Like Use Any item or Assassination.
What do you think?

Comments

• velehalvelehal Member Posts: 299
    I think that fighter´s HLAs are fine and some are very, very strong. The problem is the fact that these abilities are shared by paladins, rangers and monks. I would rather see distinctive HLAs for these classes. In case of paladins and ranger there could be some overlap with fighter´s abilities. This would make the game much better and diverse. (The same holds for clerics + druids and mages + sorcerers, their abilities also should be at least partially different, definitely much more than they are now). I know that Refinements does exactly this but I think that this should be inherent part of the game, not something introduced by mod.
  • ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    Or you know...give then their true benefits.

Remove specialization entirely for non-single class fighters, and limit mastery and above for true fighters only.

In PnP, HLA are given by class pool, rather then class (so warrior, rogue, wizard, priest) so that part is technically correct.

Mastery is supposed to require a minimum lvl of 9, High Mastery 12, and GM lvl 15, meaning that already is a unique HLA they're currently missing.

Though some do have exclusions due to the HLA being based on other abilities.

(though technically, starting at 24 all warriors are supposed to be able to passively ignore hit-requirements up to a certain level with any physical attack, starting at +1 and eventually hitting +4 at 30. Doesn't add any damage, it simply allows their weapons to by-pass those requirements)

Such as blades recieving no song based HLA because they don't sing at all (and honestly lack pretty much everything that makes them a bard....the only rogue HLA they get are the ones not tied to any previous ability).

Druids gain nothing but +2 HP per level up to 30, since they specifically gain no further abilities after 20. (though noted a Heirophant druid (a 16+ Druid) in PnP is hardcore $#%& and is roughly equal to the spell casting of a 28th level cleric at lvl 15, and gains a bunch of at will powers and perks from 16-20 and level very quickly, aside from that 14 to 15 bump))

Such as UAI requiring a vanilla thief since only a vanilla thief gets scroll use at lvl 10. Since UAI is just a stronger version of scroll use (removes the failure chance for scrolls up to a certain level based on class level)