Skip to content

BG1 and 2 Game Consistancy

SeveronSeveron Member Posts: 214
Fantastic work on getting BG2 out. Thank you very much.

I really enjoy playing BG 1 right through until TOB and to have it play out almost as if it was one game, a bit like BGTrilogy. Anyhow. While I'm pleased to see a return in the BG2 style UI, would it be possible to allow us an option in both games to toggle between your new crisp blue UI from BG1 or the BG2 style and have it set for both games.

Secondly, would it be possible to have the character sounds from BG1 in BG2 and vice-versa. It somewhat loses the feeling of immersion when I play a character from BG1 with Male 5 (How tedious this has all become) to a gruff (To battle with no regrets!) voice. Likewise, I'd like to be able to play a roguish character with the voiceset that has the line (Lets do this quick this and painful!)

Thirdly, would it be possible to add the portraits from BG2 including your new ones into BG1 and the new ones you created in BG1 into BG2. Again for consistency.

I understand there's likely to be a limitation that prevents you from being able to do this, so if any modder may be interested, or if its a simple enough changes that I could do it, I would be very happy.

Comments

• SilenceSilence Member Posts: 437
    edited November 2013
    This puzzled me too. I don't get why the soundsets they made for BG:EE aren't available for BG2:EE. My best guess is legal issues.

Regardless, I'm sure it won't be long till someone produces a 'soundpack mod' that will permit the full range of soundsets and allow for some character consistency.

It's also probably not that hard to do yourself if you add the BG:EE soundsets as custom soundsets to BG2:EE.
  • SeveronSeveron Member Posts: 214
    I've tried it, doesn't work. Whilst it'll play on the character creation screen, the sounds wont play when you click on the characters in game, nor will the subtitles appear.