Skip to content

Share Portraits and Soundsets Between BG:EE and BG2:EE

AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
This feature request has two parts:

1. Please add all portraits and soundsets to BG2:EE that are in BG:EE but missing from BG2:EE.

2. Please add all portraits and soundsets to BG:EE that are in BG2:EE but missing from BG:EE.

Thank you.

Comments

• SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    Adul said:

1. Please add all portraits and soundsets to BG2:EE that are in BG:EE but missing from BG2:EE.

2. Please add all portraits and soundsets to BG:EE that are in BG2:EE but missing from BG:EE.

I've been making both of these requests from the moment BG:EE was first released.

In another thread, one of the devs indicated that a patch was being developed that would satisfy the #1 request.

The second request seems to have fallen on deaf ears though.
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002

The second request seems to have fallen on deaf ears though.

That's a shame, because many of the BG2 soundsets are of great quality and are among my favorites. I know soundsets can be ported between the two games manually, but also porting the subtitles alongside them is more work. Not impossible though.
  • JatopianJatopian Member Posts: 12
    Uh, so... it's October 2014. Is there a patch for #1? Because if so, I don't seem to have it. The voice sets are all wrong and my imported character has no avatar.
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    I would have thought this would be a given(?) 1 at least
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    edited November 2014
    Jatopian said:

Uh, so... it's October 2014. Is there a patch for #1?

Unfortunately, there hasn't been any substantial patch for BG2:EE since it was released, which has drawn the ire of many forum posters for a wide array of reasons.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.