Skip to content

Make it more reasonable to get the level 13 version of Imoen.

pkmnpkmn Member Posts: 22
As is, you can only get the level 13 version of Imoen if your party's average level is higher than 13. This includes all classes in your party - even secondary classes from dual class. This makes it nearly impossible to get Imoen's level 13 version if you use Nalia (whose 4 thief levels destroy the average), and extremely difficult if you use any of the multiclass characters or Anomen (whose 7 fighter levels also hurt, though not nearly as much as Nalia's thief levels).

The purpose of the alternate Imoens is to keep her level appropriate with the rest of the party, but because of how the game determines which you get, using multi/dual classed characters makes it likely Imoen will be significantly behind the rest of the party.

I'd suggest making the determination based on the amount of exp gained rather than on level. The lower level Imoen has 400k exp, while the higher level version has 1.2 million. Another less desirable option would be to have it only include the active class when concerning dual classed characters (Nalia's mage, Anomen's cleric).

Comments

• AnotherLifeAnotherLife Member Posts: 115
    Wow I didn't know that

A new way that Imoen sucks, then :-)
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    I honestly never knew that a level 13 version of Imoen could be recruited. I have played through BG2 a dozen or more times and have literally never seen her appear in Spellhold at level 13.
  • pkmnpkmn Member Posts: 22
    Not surprised people haven't encountered the level 13 version of Imoen since using a party with fan favorites Jaheira, Aerie, and/or Jan Jansen makes it very difficult even if you complete all of the optional quests in chapter 2.

There's always the option of cheating to give the 400k version of Imoen the 1.2 million exp the level 13 version has, but I'd personally prefer a non-cheating method to recruiting the level 13 Imoen without using a party of strictly single-class characters.