Skip to content

Can some clever dev think of a way to moderate "quest assaults" in BG2?

RannRann Member Posts: 168
One of the things that I have never liked about BG2 was coming back to the Promenade after being on a quest for a few days and having 4 or 5 people immediately speak to me to give me new quests, many of them "timed" so that suddenly I have to do four things in succession in addition to any other quests I might be in the middle of. I don't even have time to save the game first (important if I'm coming back from a random encounter), and it's just annoying as heck, and from a RPG perspective it makes no sense either (I mean, were all five of these people just standing there in the Promenade waiting for me all this time)?

I get that these are not supposed to be given all at once and this is just a matter of all of the timers going off while I'm away, but it seems to me that something could be done to space these out a bit. At least let me take a few steps onto the screen and save the game before getting assaulted by quests!

Comments

• The_Potty_1The_Potty_1 Member Posts: 436
    Can't say I've ever experienced this. Could you zip and upload a save? Er PS I'm not a dev :p
  • RannRann Member Posts: 168
    Alas, I have no such save at that point in time. But anyway, this behavior has been true since the original release years ago. Quests are given to you both on the basis of a timer as well as the successful completion of other quests. If you stay away long enough from Athkatla, you accumulate a lot of them. (A good way to repro this is to go to Spellhold *early* in the game. When you finally crawl back to Athkatla days if not weeks later (game time), there will be all sorts of messengers waiting to give you various quests.
  • XukuthXukuth Member Posts: 78
    Most quests in BG2 aren't actually timed. Which ones do you think you need to complete immediately?
  • RannRann Member Posts: 168
    Sorry, I'm not being clear. I'm not complaining so much about timed quests per se, I'm griping about being assaulted with new quests all at once when reentering town.