Skip to content

Scarlet Ninja-to

I always thought that the inability to backstab with this weapon was a bug, but it seems to still be
"unsuitable for backstab". Is this intended? If so, it seems kind of arbitrary.

Comments

• HandofTyrHandofTyr Member Posts: 106
    I suppose you could say whether or not it's intended is questionable, but the reason is that only weapons usable by thieves can backstab. The scarlet ninja-to is not normally usable by thieves, so it cannot backstab.

Thematically I guess the idea is that this and other specific class only items are too foreign to the thief, even with UAI, to properly shank.

It would probably be broken or something somehow, but I've always wished for a second HLA after UAI that lets you backstab with anything.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Its because its flagged as unusable by Thieves. If you actually change the usability flags on the item so that Thieves can use it normally then I'm 98% sure it'd work.
  • KwakenheimKwakenheim Member Posts: 4
    edited July 2016
    it's still a ninja to, you should be able to sneak attack, for Carsomyr i understand, cuz you cant sneak attack with a two handed sword, but the ninja to is a class of weapon that the thieve can use and do sneak attack with it, so i think it should be fixed.
    The talent/ability should working as removing the flag 'unusable by thieve', so that does'nt make any sense ..
    Please fix it in next patch ?