Skip to content

Option for turning off the ridiculous chunking animation for melee combat!

AkuroAkuro Member Posts: 93
edited November 2013 in Feature Requests
Hi there,

since the old days of vanilla BG1 one thing has always bothered me:
Why do living beings burst like a baloon of flesh, if a thief stabs them with his 15 cm long tiny dagger?!

The problem is: If you turn off gore, you also miss all those other animations, for example the stoned-chunking death or the icy-chunking death, which fit perfectly well imo.
Also, I think a mighty mage in all his power would surely be able to make you burst into tiny pieces with his magic, if he desires (like Irenicus does).

BUT: Please make it optional or at least moddable wether the chunked death animation is played if a character suffers lots of damage in *melee combat* or not!
You'd do many of us a great favor. Personally, I want to *see* the foes I defeated after an intense fight; I don't want them to burst into pieces of flesh if I stick a dagger into them...

Thanks in advance and hopefully lots of love for your efforts to solve this huge flaw,
Akuro

EDIT: So I had an idea after waking up this morning:
Afaik the chunked death animation is displayed in melee combat, if a creature suffers a high amount of damage. IF you guys would externalize that "needed amount of damage to play the chunked death animation", one could easily mod this value to his or her own likings.
For example, if you externalize that amount into the file "chunked.2da", one could change that threshold into, let's say, 3000, and the chunked death animation would never be played again in melee combat, but would still be "in the game" (for example, when irenicus slaughters people).
In doing so, you wouldn't even need to implement a GUI option for turning on/off the animation!

Would that be possible? :)
Post edited by Akuro on
AntonTheGraveDigger