Skip to content

Auto-pause when minimized to taskbar

SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,234
So after an unfortunate incident where I realized this wasn't already the case, I would love to see this happen.

Short version of story: Fighting 2 demons, email program fires up and minimizes game, kinda important email so indept answer right away, switch back to game, 5 dead party members.

Long version (copied from another thread):
So I was gonna be harvesting demon hearts in hell to power the planar sphere back up when I encountered one beastie, and after a few blows triggered the second. No biggie yet. I get a pop-up for an email and the game automatically minimizes. Meh, might be an important email then, so I read it, check some other email, do some other stuff. I switch back to the game... and I realize that it doesn't automatically pause when minimized... Charname is the only one left standing, and then only because I cheated with a spiffy 1HP-minimum necklace *Hides in shame*. I didn't really want to load an earlier save (which was a while ago) so I cheat-raised my people, but of course wearing no armor they quickly started dying again. One of them gets morale failure, wanders off, and... triggers the third demon. Since the party was complete I unceremoniously finished off the demons (yes, cheated again..) and went on my way.
CrevsDaakJuliusBorisov

Comments

• SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,234
    *Bump* would still like to see this happen. :)
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Oooh, good idea, last time this happened to me I got struck by lightning at BG early game, and I died in a solo run :P
  • SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,234
    Ooh just thought of something. If it could be so that the auto-pause when minimized *does* let real-time pass (like it does now), that'd be great. It might be cheese, but still very helpful when advancing some dialogues. E.g. pause game outside of battle, go do some other stuff, come back, and see what party member has something to say.