Skip to content

Healing method like bandages in Neverwinter Nights 1?

TarlugnTarlugn Member Posts: 207
After starting to play BG:EE about a week ago, a thing that I am missing from Neverwinter Nights 1 is bandages, a healing method available to be used at will from quick item slot by any class. In my current playthrough, I´ve realized that 1 cleric simply isn´t enough healing power in a full 6-member party, and I find it a little tedious to visit a temple time after time while wandering around the wilderness areas. Something that I´d like to be implemented are Iron Rations from Icewind Dale 2 - although healing just 3 points per biscuit, I found them to smooth the beginning of the game wherein the healing resources are scarce at best, and require careful management not to run out of. I might be daydreaming, but making the game experience more of an adventure and less of an tourist trip would be really nice.

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited February 2014
    Umm, can't you just use potions of healing? You should be able to buy them from temples.
    CrevsDaak
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Bandages remind me of Planescape Torment...
    elminster
  • TarlugnTarlugn Member Posts: 207
    Of course, and I do use them - they just run out with a full party. My current playthrough is with a chaotic evil elven female red dragon disciple, and I can´t gather enough gold to purchase them, (price being something like 1200 g a piece).
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Even with a really low reputation they shouldn't cost you 1200g a piece. Where are you buying them and what is your reputation? Also who has the highest charisma in your party and what is it?
    CrevsDaak
  • TarlugnTarlugn Member Posts: 207
    I was goin to buy them from the temple in Beregost, but then decided that it´s not worth the monetary loss. My reputation is now something like 3 or 4, but it was at the time 1 - I suppose it can´t go lower than that, right? My rdd has a charisma of 19 for wearing the Algernon´s Cloak, I guess I´d need just 1 more point of Cha to make all the merchants etc go cha-cha dancing on providing discount...

I noticed that gaining something like 2 or 3 reputation points downsized the hefty price of a 1000 g to mere 200 g - something to keep in mind, if I ever again roleplay an evil character.
    elminster
  • ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    edited July 2014
    Bandages only double the HP gained for resting, they don't directly heal themselves. Basically...you could have them as a consumable that when used will applied the bandaged buff (removed immediately if damaged), which is consumed when you rest and doubles your base healing. But are extremely cheap (like a roll of 10 for 1g or so).

This would be fairly close to PnP's handling of medical attention, but without grossly overpowering them to the point they completely replace healing potions and spells like they do in NWN.