Skip to content

Items for Wilson!!!

booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
edited March 2014 in Feature Requests
I think it would be cool for him to have some unique items. He is cool but I feel like he lags behind the other NPCs at higher levels, but I still really want to use him for the novelty.

Maybe some booties or a little helmet. You could even make him some armor like the polar bear dude from that atrocious Golden Compass movie. It would be goofy and kinda cute... but hey, he's a bear!

Maybe some Mittens of Mauling similar to the types of gloves that monks get. They can give him the ability to add like 1d2 of elemental damage. Maybe you can combine them all (like adding heads to the Flail of Ages) to create a cool unique item.

Also: Picnic Basket of Holding (hey... Hexxat got one)

PS: I'm actually being dead serious. I actually would gladly pay a couple bucks for a DLC like this

Comments

• MivsanMivsan Member Posts: 139
    edited March 2014
    I laughed at the Picnic Basket idea :D.

Other than that:

Link, in case it just says "image" and doesn't actually display it (sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't for me, don't know why).
    Post edited by Mivsan on
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    @Sylvus_Moonbow‌ I love those ideas

The roar is a great one (also could cause fear)
    I also second the claw/mittens/gauntlets ideas
    I wonder if anyone could make a mod like this
  • NecomancerNecomancer Member Posts: 622
    edited March 2014
    I never plan to use Wilson, however if they released a DLC where you can get him a little soldier cap I would download it and use Wilson ASAP.

...Yeah, I'm kinda an easy sell.

Edit:Though I would hope they add NPC dialogue too. At the very least him and Boo having a conversation and other NPCs simply going "...Thats a bear." or "...That can't be a bear. Is that seriously a bear? When did we get a bear?". Heck, have Cernd have a whole friendship best buddies forever thing going on. I'd like to imagine him riding Wilson into battle, werewolf on bear, ready for anything.
  • SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    edited March 2014
    They could do something for Wilson like they did for Morte in Planescape Torment? Give him one item slot that you can fill with a certain piece of gear (Paws, Collar, Etc). You'll be able to find more powerful 'paws' as you travel that you can equip on him. They would have stuff like...

+2 AC
    50% Lightning resistance
    +4 Thac0

And then you might be able to get one in underdark that is.

+4 AC
    80% Acid resistance.
    +1 APR
    Bark skin on equip.

They could give you a decent one early on, and then you'll find stronger ones as you continue on your journey. Just like Morte and his teeth. It might also be worth saving some of his paws so that you can change. There would be a paw that focuses on tanking that might give 20% damage reduction, or a paw that grants him a high amount of fire resistance when fighting Firkraag. Could even be a paw that gave negative plane protection so that he could actually fight vampires.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315

You know that halfling that sells fish in the bridge district?
    Those should be like potions for Big Willie

Best...idea...ever :D
    Realistically he should be able to where a helmet that straps on. Also magical cloaks or belts would not be too weird either (well... not any more than traveling with a bear). Boots are tough, as are rings. Bracers could maybe work on a bear depending on design.

Yet if this was ever implemented I would be DYING for them to make his avatar actually show the armor or helmet :)
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited March 2014

Yet if this was ever implemented I would be DYING for them to make his avatar actually show the armor or helmet :)

Wait in line! From an animation standpoint I'm still waiting for my "make boo pink" request to be implemented. :p

(as part of Minsc and Neera's soa dialogue she turns Boo pink...only if you look in Minsc's inventory boo is still normal coloured).
    Has anyone seen the Golden Compass movie? It had an armored bear (one of the only cool parts). The armor design is actually pretty fun looking, and would certainly look pretty cool on Wilson.

You could also add rough edges and spikes to the armor for the purpose of doing additional damage (like Thibbledorf Pwent from RA Salvatore books).

Here is a depiction of what I'd like to see (from Golden Compass)

(horrible movie, though I did a study abroad at one of the shooting locations at Christ Church in Oxford, which is gorgeous. I've never seen a movie waste two great actors (Kidman and Craig) and so many great locations as badly as that movie did)