Skip to content

Add map markers for all caves in game

macu67macu67 Member Posts: 56
edited September 2014 in Feature Requests
Currently some caves are marked on area maps and some don't. I missed a lot of them in my first BG runs, simply because they're sometimes very hard to notice, for excemple they look like shadow on the rock. It could be very helpful, especially for some new players.:)

Comments

• CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    Nah, where's all the fun of exploring, then? I miss old times...
  • macu67macu67 Member Posts: 56
    Well I understand your point but either mark all or unmark all in my opinion. I don't understand why some caves should be marked and the others shouldn't.
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Label them all 'Secret Loot Cave!!'
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Ooh! Label all the hidden loot drops too!

'Totally Bitchin' Wizard Ring in a Tree!'

'Bling Bling!'

'Whats Cooler Than Being Cool? THIS WAND! (Cuz its a Wand of Frost)'

Yes. Yes so hard.
  • FranpaFranpa Member Posts: 637
    Cahir said:

Nah, where's all the fun of exploring, then? I miss old times...

You still need to explore and discover them via exploration... unless you use the cheat to reveal the whole area.
  • macu67macu67 Member Posts: 56
    @DreadKhan
    I'd like to remind you that this thread is about caves not hidden loot drops
    edited September 2014
    Perhaps they can make all doors, caves and passages etc. glow when pressing Tab? Currently various doors, caves, passages don't light up when pressing Tab (Some however do light up). All hidden loot stashes light up when pressing tab...

For example:
    http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/52112619770888890/ADC86C48D26486B83B359131C812BA624F592E5C/

How the hell are you supposed to know you can enter that tent? Nothing lights up when you press Tab and the tent visually has no entry! Lots of instances of this kind of thing throughout the game!
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    edited September 2014
    Open up Baldur.ini and add the following line:
    'Game Options', 'Show Triggers on Tab', '1',
    That will show the trigger icons for all interactive objects, including info spots and doors, when you hold down the Tab key.
    Interesting, I'll check it out later/tomorrow.