Skip to content

Auto stacking in containers and one thing that's always bugged me.

meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
First off could containers such as bags of holding and(especially) potion cases auto-stack like the inventory scene does? I get false messages abou containers being 'full' cause I have 4 different stacks of 3 healing potions, and if I take them all out(one at a time, on iPad:/), and put them back in as one stack it will fit a bunch more in.
Also, in the description of a light crossbow +2, it says "this magical crossbow is light and elegant in the hand, with little recoil.":image
Crossbows don't have recoil anyway. That's one of the main reasons people will still choose them over guns for hunting, along with being quiet. This is small, I know, but it's always bothered me because of the way it implies the write *almost* knew what he was talking about. So if we could change that in the 1.3 patch that'd be great:)

Comments

• TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    edited September 2014
    I'm not sure if this is the case for you, but when I have multiple stacks within a container (e.g. potion case), it's usually because some are stolen. So you end up with a stolen stack and a non-stolen stack. However, if I recall correctly, when you withdraw some from each stack simultaneously, they will then stack together in your inventory. Interestingly enough, this new stack will not be flagged as stolen (even though some of the items that went into it were), thereby allowing you to 'launder' stackable stolen items.
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    I have had the same experience as TJ when trying to sell items out of a bag of holding.

Also, crossbows do have recoil, its just in the opposite direction. "Reverse recoil"... heh
  • FranpaFranpa Member Posts: 637
    TJ_Hooker said:

I'm not sure if this is the case for you, but when I have multiple stacks within a container (e.g. potion case), it's usually because some are stolen. So you end up with a stolen stack and a non-stolen stack. However, if I recall correctly, when you withdraw some from each stack simultaneously, they will then stack together in your inventory. Interestingly enough, this new stack will not be flagged as stolen (even though some of the items that went into it were), thereby allowing you to 'launder' stackable stolen items.

I'm pretty confident the issue is to do with the Quick Loot bar improperly marking stuff as stolen when it shouldn't. Dropping the items on the ground tends to clear the buggy issue. You can avoid this by not using quick loot, or by clicking each corpse first then using quick loot.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806

I have had the same experience as TJ when trying to sell items out of a bag of holding.

Also, crossbows do have recoil, its just in the opposite direction. "Reverse recoil"... heh

that's called "shooting the bolt", boo:)
    interesting about the potions. i *have* stolen a lot of them.
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    There IS recoil Meagloth, particularly on heavy crossbows. I have experience it multiple times myself. Its not as much as a gun, but it is significant.
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    edited September 2014
    Franpa said:

TJ_Hooker said:

I'm pretty confident the issue is to do with the Quick Loot bar improperly marking stuff as stolen when it shouldn't. Dropping the items on the ground tends to clear the buggy issue. You can avoid this by not using quick loot, or by clicking each corpse first then using quick loot.
    I don't know, I think this is a different issue. I'm pretty sure I noticed the behaviour before Quick Loot was implemented, or at least before I started using it. I mean, it's not that I don't know where those stolen items were coming from, I was definitely stealing items in those games.

Edit: wait, are you talking about the issue described in the OP, or the issue I was describing?

There IS recoil Meagloth, particularly on heavy crossbows. I have experience it multiple times myself. Its not as much as a gun, but it is significant.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that launching a projectile without any kind of recoil would violate Newton's 3rd law.
    Post edited by TJ_Hooker on
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806

Ugh. You're right, it looks like. I feel smart now.