Skip to content

Nashkel Store buys Bandit Scalps for more than it sells them for?

FranpaFranpa Member Posts: 637
edited September 2014 in Feature Requests
He buys them for 75 gold each (As opposed to Vai's offer of 50 each) and sells them for 52 Gold each... so if you get a ton of them you could easily make infinite money!

Unsure if this is a bug or not. I've noticed other vendor's also tend to offer 75 gold each too but you can't sell to them (It's grayed out).

Edit: Maybe it isn't buying them for 75 each... in which case the interface isn't very clear on what the transaction entails. The interface doesn't let you sell a specific amount, it only lets you sell all at once, this is for whatever reason not the same as how it handles gems.

So I had 3, it listed a price of 75 with no indication that that is for the entire stack, not per item... yet with gems I can specify how many I want to sell and can see just how much each one is worth. In both cases I would say the UI isn't the greatest in conveying what the transaction entails and does a poor job at conveying what the price of an individual item is in cases where items are stacked (Unless you specifically choose to sell only 1 of the item, but some items don't let you do that)

TL:DR
Anyways, I'm kinda rambling: I think it would be more clear if vendors always displayed the price of one item in a stack unless the player specifically specifies they want to sell more then 1. I also think all stackable items should let the player choose how many they want to sell, currently there are some stackable items that only allow you to sell them all.

This change would make various processes more consistent with each other and make it easier to comprehend the vendor interface.
Post edited by Dee on

Comments

• MilochMiloch Member Posts: 863
    The game has always worked this way. If you had a stack of magical arrows you didn't want, would you rather sell the whole stack of 20 (and get paid for all of them) or have to sell them one at a time?
  • FranpaFranpa Member Posts: 637
    edited September 2014
    Miloch said:

The game has always worked this way. If you had a stack of magical arrows you didn't want, would you rather sell the whole stack of 20 (and get paid for all of them) or have to sell them one at a time?

In that case you'd double click them and choose to sell 20, bam, single transaction and all are sold. There would probably need to be an exception for items that have no value when not sold in bulk...
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Moving this to Feature Requests, since the current behavior is working by design.
  • MilochMiloch Member Posts: 863
    If you only want to sell one (or a certain number) of items from a stack, you can double-click on the stack, split it and sell just the substack you want to sell.