Skip to content

[IWD:EE] A quest for the Easthaven's abused, unofficial mascot

HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643
edited November 2014 in Feature Requests
If this has been brought up before, or already modded by someone and that was considered the best route, I apologize in advance. All that said...

I've often wondered about the squirrel in Easthaven being prodded by sticks. Its a nice touch already and I guess funny in a sadistic way, but I always felt sorry for the furry little chap. I think it'd be kinda neat if there was some possible resolution there. Here's a couple ideas:

1) Maybe a druid or even a ranger could help the squirrel via a dialogue only that class would have (kinda like the bard's extra dialogue for the lake spirit). A simple text option to the children to teach them not to take pleasure in the harming of nature's creatures would be good enough to maybe disperse their group (and get an XP award).

2) Maybe if certain familiars had a dialogue with it (ex: The Rabbit or Ferret) they could give the thing some advice. Or at the least, it'd be funny if the squirrel replied to them!

That's it!

Comments

• MelicampMelicamp Member Posts: 243
    I concur! He needs help! Don't abuse the animals! *cluck*
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643
    Actually... I think someone modded (or maybe there's even a quest) for the wolf in Aspel's shop which is similar. This much animal assistance may become overkill... but I'm sure PETA would rejoice.
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    You can solve Apsel's problem non-violently by
    charming the wolf
  • CamDawg said:

You can solve Apsel's problem non-violently by

charming the wolf
    Didn't knew that, damn my druid nearly got killed. Sent someone else in to finish the job.
  • skaterfezzskaterfezz Member Posts: 43
    A little off topic but the first time I played IWD I didn't realize it was a squirrel and thought it was a reference to Boo from Baldur's Gate.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963

A little off topic but the first time I played IWD I didn't realize it was a squirrel and thought it was a reference to Boo from Baldur's Gate.

That's what I was thinking.

Someone should just mod it to change the name from squirrel to boo. Why? Just for fun and to add to the conspiracy of whether boo is actually an immortal space hamster.