Skip to content

recruiting Viconia

sorry if this was asked before.. i just recently started playing the enhanced edition , found Viconia in Peldvale, helped her to kill a flaming fist mercenary,and after that she just said something like - our paths will cross again and left. i definitely remember that in original baldurs gate viconia joined immediately after killing the mercenary. where am i supposed to look for her now?

Comments

• ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    May have been a result of a low reaction roll. What's your charisma and reputation?
  • angerranangerran Member Posts: 3
    ouch does charisma now matter? never felt that in original BG. if it does then probably the reason is that my fighter has charisma 3 :D
    edited November 2012
    Yeah it matters now, there's a section in one of the manuals about how it works in relation to reaction rolls. Guess she didn't like you then. 8)
  • WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    @Shin I guess having the charisma of a tree stump isn't good enough for Viconia. To be fair her charisma isn't much better (atleast on the surface).

The only reason she got so far is because she is DAMN fine hot. Plus she had a big mace.
    @Ward Yeah, she does seem to have a way of getting the PC to protect her. I tend to be guilty of it myself in every playthrough.
    edited November 2012
    @Shin You're guilty of a sexy underdark Drow woman trying to seduce you into letting her kind into your party just so she can sponge off you and use you like a bodyguard and a sex doll?

Son the only thing you should feel guilty about is a: your lack of self respect and b: that you didn't charge her for it.

XD
    @Ward Haha, such is the burden of playing good-aligned characters. 8)
  • Syntia13Syntia13 Member Posts: 514
    Actually, she would do the same in vanilla game if your charisma was too low. (around 3)
    I predict that you will encounter the same problem with Xan, that Minsc will say that Boo doesn't like you so he won't talk to you, and Tiax will tell you to go away. :P
    In the vanilla game you could work around that by using a high-charisma party member to talk to the new guys, but I've been told it doesn't work in BG:EE, as the reaction is always based on PC's stats.
  • angerranangerran Member Posts: 3
    after replaying the encouter for several times i finally managed to recruit her. it seems it depends on random factor too.

• DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Careful with that charisma 3 when buying stuff - everything will be more expensive.
  • KirkorKirkor Member Posts: 700
    angerran said:

ouch does charisma now matter? never felt that in original BG. if it does then probably the reason is that my fighter has charisma 3 :D

Woah, you are one ugly son of a...
    No wonder she ran as far away as possible...
    ;)
  • incendiaryincendiary Member Posts: 3
    now it seems reputation is persistently lowered by 2 with vicon in team, which will go back up when she leaves. dont remember if this is the way it was. really like it
    It was always like that.
    The price you pay for her assistance. Or for.. assisting her. I dunno frankly.
  • JaxsbudgieJaxsbudgie Member Posts: 600
    Syntia13 said:

Actually, she would do the same in vanilla game if your charisma was too low. (around 3)
    I predict that you will encounter the same problem with Xan, that Minsc will say that Boo doesn't like you so he won't talk to you, and Tiax will tell you to go away. :P
    In the vanilla game you could work around that by using a high-charisma party member to talk to the new guys, but I've been told it doesn't work in BG:EE, as the reaction is always based on PC's stats.

I'm playing an Avenger with 18 charisma and Minsc wouldn't talk to me ... my reputation was around 6 though.

• DinsdalePiranhaDinsdalePiranha Member Posts: 419
    Syntia13 said:

even 7 cha seemed to be too little for everyone's favorite Xan, in one of my playthroughs he took his sword, than casually shooed away my little cleric/ranger. sad.
  • LinkamusLinkamus Member Posts: 221
    Charisma DID matter in the original BG. Try doing the boots of the north quest with low CHA. Won't work.
  • DreddfulDreddful Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2012
    I keep getting the same problem when trying to recruit Viconia. After helping her smash the Flaming Fister, she just says 'I'll see you around.' My Charisma is 12 and my Reputation is 6. Do I need higher rep? I don't understand why I keep getting rejected.
  • FrecheFreche Member Posts: 473
    edited December 2012
    Depends on if they made changes for BGEE:
    IIRC: reaction rolls are done by random roll 8-12 then modified by cha & rep.
    CHA mod (ToB): http://iesdp.gibberlings3.net/files/2da/2da_tob/rmodchr.htm
    REP mod (ToB): http://iesdp.gibberlings3.net/files/2da/2da_tob/rmodrep.htm

Also in original ToB low rep was bad for reaction rolls even towards Evil chars, there was a mod that changed that and BGEE could have a similar fix, I don't know.

EDIT: Viconia needs a reaction roll of 8.
    Post edited by Freche on
  • ARKdeEREHARKdeEREH Member Posts: 531
    I don't know about Viconia, but with Kivan I had my PC ask him to join my party and he refused, but then I had Viconia ask him to join a few seconds later and he accepted. My reputation was low at the time. Maybe if you have multiple people ask you will get different responses?