Skip to content

Grandmastery Fix for BG2

I'm aware that there's a "True Grandmastery" mod, but it's a bit overpowered since it gives 1 1/2 extra attacks instead of just 1. Is there a mod that gives the correct bonuses as in BG:EE?

Comments

• ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    Not sure.....though you could try exporting the proficiency.2da from EE and sticking it in the override folder for BG2. Though it might be a hard-coded issue (which would explain why they nerfed it so badly in BG2, instead of just removing the extra 1/2 attack), that EE has been opened up to fix.
  • DemivrgvsDemivrgvs Member Posts: 315
    edited July 2013
    mylegbig said:

I'm aware that there's a "True Grandmastery" mod, but it's a bit overpowered since it gives 1 1/2 extra attacks instead of just 1. Is there a mod that gives the correct bonuses as in BG:EE?

You could use this if you wish: http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showtopic=17307

Just download the file and put it in the override folder. The "problem" is that it's actually part of a bigger mod and it moves the first +1/2 apr from specialization ++ to mastery +++, to balance true fighters and other warriors.

Anyway, it's easy to edit such file and make your own "true GM".
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    Not sure if it was BG2Tweak, Fixpack, or SCS, but whichever it is it does give an option when installing of which GM to use. You can choose the 1 APR version as well as the 3/2 APR one, to your preference.
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,185
    Weapon specialization is soft-coded in wspatck.2da and wspecial.2da files. wspatck.2da deals with extra attacks. It is a piece of a little strange coding though, so this might help: http://iesdp.gibberlings3.net/files/2da/2da_tob/wspatck.htm
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    edited July 2013
    If you change it for either game, just remember that the in game descriptions will be wrong.

Also I could probably whip up one o thems for you if you wanted, but you would have to tell me where to put the extra APRs... (like does it jump from extra 1/2 at high mastery to extra 3/2 at grand mastery, or does high mastery add 1/2 and then grand mastery add 1/2, or whatever the case may be.)
  • mylegbigmylegbig Member Posts: 292
    Thanks for the offer, but I was able to do it myself. Took me forever to figure it out though.