Skip to content

Ultimate Baldurs Gate (everything on one installation)

RedWizardsRedWizards Member Posts: 29
edited November 2013 in Feature Requests
I realize I'm kindof jumping the gun... BG2;ee isn't even released yet and I'm sure the devs are busy as hell.

And maybe I'm the only person on the planet that would love this...

But I think having one installation that includes everything baldursgate would totally own. And I would love a "modded up" version of bg1 that would be possible with this.

Less patching, less modding effort, it would just make everything easier and cleaner.

I wonder if the Beamdog team has ever considered this, and if it's a feasible project for the future?

Just my $.02 as a longtime BG fan.

:]

Later

Comments

• RadwulfRadwulf Member Posts: 49
    I'm not sure of the plans but if I owned both games I would like to theoretically be able to complete the entire series in one sitting without having to exit the game. If all the files were placed in one folder it would also make applying mods much easier.
  • StoneSwordsStoneSwords Member Posts: 180
    So BGT for the EE series of games?(hint, hint)
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    They said "no" to some questions about this topic.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    There's nothing preventing the modders from creating a BGT:EE though. Well maybe the fact that BG2EE is not yet released as I write this ;)
  • StoneSwordsStoneSwords Member Posts: 180
    very perceptive @mlnevese :P I don't see why it couldn't be done either, but then again I'm not a modder so *shrugs*
  • alnairalnair Member Posts: 561
    CrevsDaak said:

They said "no" to some questions about this topic.

Actually, they (i.e. @Dee) said "definitely not for now, but who knows about the future" or something to that effect...
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    I'm pretty sure I've never put anything that succinctly before in my life. :)

But yes, that's the gist of it. We have some plans in the mix, but they're not ready yet.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    BGT:EE. Would be nice. in the meantime, there's old school BGT if one absolutely must play the entire saga from Candlekeep to the Throne of Bhaal.
  • bardezbardez Member Posts: 41
    Ascension64 can have fun with that.