Skip to content

Little but important request - add ''hardcore mode'' to the game

CarlososCarlosos Member Posts: 2
Hello my request is to add new mode where you can save game on only one file, you can't change difficulty level (you play at difficulty you have chosen on the beginning) and where one death means perma death. I'm sure that there a lot of players who love the game and are hungry fot the challenges. Please sign in so my post could be noticed. Thanks.
elminsterJuliusBorisov

Comments

• MetallomanMetalloman Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,975
    I don't think there's need of such an option.

You can already do it by yourself, simply by saving once then keeping overwriting the same file over and over till the end, by setting the difficulty just once at the beginning, and deleting your file once your CHARNAME is dead.

Many people here are already doing this since 1998.
    meagloth
  • CarlososCarlosos Member Posts: 2
    Of course but i don't have enough willpower to do this! :D I would rather there is no way back. Furthermore, i could brag my friends ''look i completed bg with only one life :D''
    elminster
  • EdvinEdvin Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,244
    @Carlosos
    A wasted effort.
    Just wait for "Tactic" and "Ascension" for EE.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    How would it be different? Of you really wanted to reload or whatever you could just go back and change the slider. I don't see how it could work very well. This isn't minecraft.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    edited July 2014
    If you really want a challenge, you've got to do the 24 roll-wizard slayer-no reload-solo-poverty-no level up-hardcore mode-pacifist-speed run. :P
  • dreamriderdreamrider Member Posts: 417
    This already exists. It's called don't save, don't reload, don't resurrect.