Skip to content

[IWD:EE] Ranger's Tracking Information Copied as "User" Journal Entry

HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,644
Tracking is pretty much never used by *anyone* and I think its neat. It harkens back to my pen and paper AD&D ranger-playing days. I think it'd be cool if the ability either put the information uncovered in your journal as a "User" entry automatically, or had the option to do so -- kind of like when you copy a note into your journal. Some things Tracking uncovers is pretty killer clues, like the green scale found in Kuldahar. Just an idea I had. I tend to be a bit OCD with these games, so I'll even sometimes copy this stuff myself. :)

Comments

• AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    edited December 2014
    About this ability, I was thinking that it would be great if Tracking worked automatically every time you enter a new area for the first time.
    I think that it would be more noticed and appreciated by players if it worked in this way.
    Of course, you could still use it at your will whenever you want.
    I often forget to use Tracking, but I like it nonetheless.
    I tag @Dee to draw this to his attention :)

@HaHaCharade‌
    What do you think about my suggestion? Do you like it?
    Post edited by Aedan on
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,644
    Aedan said:

About this ability, I was thinking that it would be great if Tracking worked automatically every time you enter a new area for the first time.
    I think that it would be more noticed and appreciated by players if it worked in this way.
    Of course, you could still use it at your will whenever you want.
    I often forget to use Tracking, but I like it nonetheless.
    I tag @Dee to draw this to his attention :)

@HaHaCharade‌
    What do you think about my suggestion? Do you like it?

Interesting. It would give rangers a bit more coolness factor.
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,644
    Actually it'd be cool (at least in my opinion) if Tavern rumors copied over to the journal as well... after all, you have to pay gold to hear them. Plus some have some neat clues. Just a thought.