Skip to content

Op Code 60

wolpakwolpak Member Posts: 390
Any chance in changing this to a signed INT so that we can assig n it negative values?

Comments

• CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    Unlikely, since it is working as intended. I'm going to kick this over to the Modding forum where folks might be able to help you implement what you are after.
  • wolpakwolpak Member Posts: 390
    How could this possibly be how it was intended? A value that can only be increased and not decreased?
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,433
    Afaik, opcode 60 (Miscast Magic) uses a plain flat value modifier, i.e. it sets the percentage of miscasting spells and isn't cumulative. Specifying a negative value doesn't make sense as negative values always behave the same as 0%.
    It might be possible to override a previously set percentage with a new one, but I haven't tested whether this actually works.
    That isn't how it works. It is cumulative.

I have tested this with making a token. Made my leather armor 5% miscast, added a dagger that was 1% miscast and it went to 6%. Added 257 and it went to 7.

It most certainly increases, but does not decrease.
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,433
    Looks like you are right. The opcode descriptions I've found were rather vague in that regard. This might be a good candidate for a feature request though.
    @Cerevant‌ Can this be put in the feature request forum (although I definitely think this was an oversight and, in turn, a bug).
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    Feature request it is.