Skip to content

#18747 Colored markers should not turn white when selecting the party members

NimasuNimasu Member Posts: 10
edited January 2016 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.3.2064)
Edit 21-Jan-2016 by Hurricane: Reported with repro steps as ticket #18747 and moved to the Bugs forum.

Operating System: Win 8.1
CPU: I7 2600
GPU: AMD 7970 3GB
System RAM:16GB

I own the steam version of the game and since release the colored markers haven`t worked properly. When I select and move the party they always show white circles. When I select single characters their marker turns white and unselected party members show their colored markers. I have played the game on a win7 laptop and have the same issue. I have verified integrity after the 1.3 update and all files are accounted for.

BG EE, IWD EE, The colored markers work properly in both games.

Any help solving this issue would be appreciated.
Post edited by Hurricane on

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,872
    If you start a new game @Nimasu‌ does the issue happen there too?
    Thanks
  • NimasuNimasu Member Posts: 10
    edited January 2015
    Gate70 said:

If you start a new game @Nimasu‌ does the issue happen there too?
    Thanks

I`ve tried starting a new character and an imported final save. The problem happens either way. I added Nadia to my party last night and her color marker works all the time. Her marker shows as yellow and the other 5 party members stay white.

Edit: I replaced Nadia with Viconia and her colored marker is working as well.

• HurricaneHurricane Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 730
    edited January 2015
    This problem is most noticeable with Imoen. Her main color is a lush purple, and her circle appears that way when she's not selected. However, once selected, the circle turns white and is indistinguishable from a white-colored character. See screenshots:

imageimage

Some colors are more affected by this problem than others. Nonetheless it is definitely worth fixing.
    Post edited by Hurricane on
  • DregothofTyrDregothofTyr Member Posts: 229
    I also have been experiencing this problem.
  • NimasuNimasu Member Posts: 10
    I installed BG2 EE on my Win7 Nvidia 670m laptop and the markers aren`t working there either. Has there been any confirmation of this bug?

I don`t know if there`s going to be another patch or not, Hopefully this gets fixed.

Thanks