Skip to content

#18612 [ToB] Deepstone holding pen should not open without a key

PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
edited January 2016 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.3.2064)
1: Despite not picking up the holding pen key, the dwarves in the holding pen are still freed regardless.

2: In the mines sneaking past the bulk of enemies and Killing a large proportion of Algoroth's guards before he begins dialogue can cause a dialogue loop where Rasaad keeps initiating the conversation prior to the shadow portal being opened unless specific options are selected. Rasaad can also initiate conversation despite not being anywhere near Alorgoth on the map, and on one occasion initiated dialogue when the entire area in question was covered by fog of war with no characters nearby.

3: The Shadow Dragon encounter - If the Shadow Dragon is slain, for example via an approaching Deva's globe of blades, before completing the cutscene closing the portal, the game hangs.

3b: If a trap or other instant source of damage is introduced to the dragon, it's entirely possible to interrupt the casting of the polymorph effect, resulting in the dragon remaining in humanoid form through the entire fight despite behaving in all ways like a standard dragon.

4: Activating the item to reopen the portal when Rasaad first tells you to open it can lead to the portal becoming impossible to exit through, Rasaad's dialogues to never trigger, and the player is forced to fight against endlessly spawning enemies and Alorgoth.
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Pantalion said:

1: Despite not picking up the holding pen key, the dwarves in the holding pen are still freed regardless.

Yes. And yes, that's surely a bug.
    Pantalion said:

2: In the mines sneaking past the bulk of enemies and Killing a large proportion of Algoroth's guards before he begins dialogue can cause a dialogue loop where Rasaad keeps initiating the conversation prior to the shadow portal being opened unless specific options are selected.

Yes, I think I've seen what is probably the same bug, by launching a massive magical barrage as soon as the enemy lines come into sight, before advancing far enough to see Alorgoth (who is standing back from his front line) and thereby trigger the dialogue.

Additionally, if a caster is in the middle of casting when the dialogue with Alorgoth triggers, then the casting is cancelled and the spell is wasted ... which can be crippling if you're short of high-level spells and have just wasted a couple of them!
    Pantalion said:

... Rasaad can also initiate conversation despite not being anywhere near Alorgoth on the map, and on one occasion initiated dialogue when the entire area in question was covered by fog of war with no characters nearby.

I haven't seen this one. If the area is all in FoW, how does the dialogue trigger? For me, it has always seemed to be seeing Alorgoth that triggers it, but that's obviously not the case if it's all still fogged.
    Pantalion said:

3: The Shadow Dragon encounter - If the Shadow Dragon is slain, for example via an approaching Deva's globe of blades, before completing the cutscene closing the portal, the game hangs.

Aha! Thank you. I'd had a couple of odd hangs at that scene, but I hadn't figured out the common factor. What you describe may be it.
    Pantalion said:

3b: If a trap or other instant source of damage is introduced to the dragon, it's entirely possible to interrupt the casting of the polymorph effect, resulting in the dragon remaining in humanoid form through the entire fight despite behaving in all ways like a standard dragon.

I haven't witnessed this one. Interesting, but probably it'd be confusing in play.
    Pantalion said:

4: Activating the item to reopen the portal when Rasaad first tells you to open it can lead to the portal becoming impossible to exit through, Rasaad's dialogues to never trigger, and the player is forced to fight against endlessly spawning enemies and Alorgoth.

Yes, I think this one is well-known. If you activate it from a few yards away, the portal will work, but if you do it too soon and too close, then it doesn't let you out. It's some sort of timing effect, I believe - there needs to be a short delay. And then you need to wait a while before the Shadows turn against Alorgoth and trigger the successful ending of the scene.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    edited January 2016
    Tagging...
    +
    18613 [ToB] Rasaad should not repeatedly tell Alorgoth to face him

I can't reproduce either of the dragon items, are you using an unmodded version v1.3.2064.
    Thanks
    Post edited by Gate70 on