Skip to content

#18704 The Wild Forest should become accessible when leaving Watchers Keep

PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
edited January 2016 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.3.2064)
Behaviour: Neera's hidden refuge location remains disabled until the player leaves Athkatla through the main gate, even if the player has already left the main gate before.

Expected: If detecting that the player has already left Athkatla is impossible, Neera's Refuge should be enabled by leaving any non-Athkatla location, such as Watcher's Keep, Trademeet and so on.
Post edited by Gate70 on
Gate70

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    edited January 2016
    Hi
    I can only reproduce this if I travel to Watchers Keep and exit south from there. Going anywhere else in the city, or via Trademeet / Windspear / Umar / De'Arnise sees the Wild Forest opened up.

n.b. the Wild Forest is only enabled after one other move, is that what you're seeing?
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    Huh, it's just Watcher's Keep that was the problem? I must have just assumed it was universal, sorry.

Well, in that case, yeah, I triggered Neera, moved out of the Bridge District towards Watcher's Keep immediately trying to save time, got the Neera random encounter (which according to the world map is not set inside Athkatla and ended up halfway between there and WK, which was strange in itself, but I'm not sure if that's just how random encounters work). From the random encounter location, the Forest was still disabled so I moved the rest of the way to Watcher's Keep, then still couldn't travel to the forest. I had to move from there to the Gate district and back to the Wild Forest to enable it.

So yeah, random encounter oddity aside, I daresay this is a problem with WK not unlocking the location on departure.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    Tagged on that basis.
    Thanks
    hook71