Skip to content

Keeping a certain npc?

Now I know this subject has caused some debate in the past, not to mention a fullblown forum riot, so I respectfully invite @JuliusBorisov to monitor this topic and delete it completely if stuff like that happens again.

Thing is, I really see lots of possibilities for a mod that allows the player to keep Clara in his party. I didn't want to bring it upat first, but then, every once in a while, she just didn't die when she was supposed to, and well, in the end, I decided to take that as a sign.
I can't make a mod like that myself. Not anytime soon anyway, even if I tried hard. If someone with the appropriate modding skills would be willing to at least think about writing a Keeping Clara Mod, I'd be positively delighted to share my thoughts about it, and hopefully be part of something that will make a number of people enjoy this game even more than they have so far.

What I'm thinking is something that fits in nicely with one of the overall themes of this game, the thing that says "those who want to be something they're not supposed to be will die an ugly and painful death, though a measure of redemption is possible for some of those poor misguided souls", something involving a semi-new party-npc, a temple getting involved, a modest npc questline with fights and ambushes, possibly, maybe later, a romance, very few npc-specific new items and a background story that would do the npc more justice than what she got from Hexxats description of who she was.

Again, I'm not looking for a riot here, so if you don't like this idea, please ignore and move on.

If you think you can help make a mod like this, please do let me know, even if things don't work out, I'd love to explore the possibilities and discuss the part Clara could play in our game.

Comments

• tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    I've thought about it. (See https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/63336/clara-lives forvhow that came about.) In fact, going over the mechanics of it, I thought of a way to do it that would also allow Montaron to return (and possibly Xzar, Ajantis, maybe even Yoshmo and Tiax). However, that is not going to happen any time soon, but in researching what is there, I think some people were toying with a Clara mod.
  • profanitywarningprofanitywarning Member Posts: 294
    Yeah that's exactly the way it happened in my game. It's the same version, too. And I think i know how to make it happen again, or maybe I just got lucky when I tried. I tried to keep her in the party, and that worked until the party reached the underdark. There her dialogue about leaving coincided with the underdark intro video, and after the video, she was gone, leaving me without a pickpocket.
  • NotabarbiegirlNotabarbiegirl Member Posts: 141
    Interesting concept. Have you considered asking around at G3? One of the talented might be willing or at least willing to encourage a protegee.
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    @Notabarbiegirl That's a good thought; thanks. Maybe talking to them will be the spark I need to blow up my ... Hm, wait, bad analogy.