Skip to content

Favorite D&D based video game(inadequate poll and best to be ignored)

ZafiroZafiro Member Posts: 436
edited August 2012 in Archive (General Discussion)
In the beginning, I have to say I haven't played every game out there, so I applogize if I'm missing something important. Just feel free to add anything you feel about any D&D video games;the good, the bad, the must plays, your very own "top", future hopes etc. Break the series into single games yourself, as I can only add 10 poll options.

EDIT: Surely I should double think before I speak, the right poll should've been "favorite D&D Game/Series BESIDES Baldurs Gate" as most said by now, do forgive my stutter and don't hesitate do repair it by starting a new poll if its of any importance.

Mentions:Dungeons & Dragons Online
Dark Sun
Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II
Dungeons & Dragons Tactics
Dungeons & Dragons: Daggerdale
Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone
Dungeons & Dragons: Heroes
Descent to Undermountain
Hillsfar
Dungeon Hack
D&D Warriors of the Eternal Sun
Menzoberranzan
Dungeons & Dragons: Dragonshard
Dungeons & Dragons: Tower of Doom
Dungeons & Dragons: Shadow over Mystara
  1. Favorite D&D based video game149 votes
    1. Baldur's Gate series
      73.83%
    2. AD&D Eye of the Beholder Trilogy
        0.67%
    3. Planescape: Torment
      15.44%
    4. The Pool of Radiance Forgotten Realms series
        2.01%
    5. The Savage Frontier Forgotten Realms series
        0.00%
    6. The Dragonlance series
        0.00%
    7. The Buck Rogers series
        0.00%
    8. Icewind Dale series
        2.68%
    9. Neverwinter Nights series
        5.37%
    10. The Temple of Elemental Evil
        0.00%
Post edited by Zafiro on

Comments

• g314g314 Member Posts: 201
    None other!
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    edited July 2012
    Nerver played Dragonlance games... But still think they should consider making a new one :p
  • seekaseeka Member Posts: 53
    Has to be BG... even though I was such a latecomer to the series (I had apparently been living under a rock and did not even hear of the series untill 2009) and had played most of the other game on the list first. The story blew me away, from poor Gorion (he only has a few lines, and yet I always end up feeling so attatched to his character) to that annoying Solar in ToB.
  • JarlaxleJarlaxle Member Posts: 105
    Uhm... I see that is very difficult to choice a winner here...
  • CrynusCrynus Member Posts: 17
    I've been playing BG since it came out, and still playing it today. But some other good games in that list too
  • KnettgummiKnettgummi Member Posts: 152
    Well, this is surprising... Maybe if you changed the poll title to "second favorite d&d based video game" the statistics might be more interesting.
  • ZafiroZafiro Member Posts: 436
    @Knettgummi, you know what, you're right. Yet PS:T, IWD, and ToEE are massive on their own too, who knows, maybe NWN as well.
  • GarmGarm Member Posts: 67
    Surprising results, eh.

I would have voted Planescape: Torment if the combat wasn't so weak.
  • TalvraeTalvrae Member Posts: 315
    Planescape being a close secound... if only we could play different gender
  • KnettgummiKnettgummi Member Posts: 152
    I'd be really torn between PS:T, IWD and NWN for second place. I think it would actually be IWD, although that's probably just because I never finished PS:T before moving to a computer that wouldn't run it properly. Story-wise it'd be Torment, hands down, but not in terms of what I've actually spent the most time playing.
  • cherrycoke2lcherrycoke2l Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,085
    My favourite one is Baldur's Gate of course, but the game I've spent most time on has been NWN1 and I'm still playing it online.
  • RhukRhuk Member Posts: 13
    edited July 2012
    next Poll: favorite D&D Game/Series BESIDES Baldurs Gate :P

it wouldn´t change my answer though :P
    @Rhuk, really somebody should do it, I'm waiting on someone else.
  • Bobby_SingerBobby_Singer Member Posts: 65
    I liked Demon Stone quite a bit. Fun gameplay and some pretty nice cinematics.
  • RavelRavel Member Posts: 140
    I realize that these are the BG forums..., but I was still surprised not to see PST with more votes.
  • GarmGarm Member Posts: 67
    I realize that these are the BG forums..., but I was still surprised not to see PST with more votes.
    I believe the superior combat gameplay of the BG series tips the balance...also the fact that these are the BG:EE's forums help, eh.

It's true that PS:T has more oportunities to do some real roleplaying and has a superior plotline, but the BG series ends up being a more fun experience than PS:T because the combat gameplay is better designed. I love PS:T but sometimes the combat can be frustrating...
  • AranneasAranneas Member Posts: 282
    list is so incomplete :(

where is hillsfaaaaaaar
    where is dungeon hack
  • kunjal29kunjal29 Member Posts: 26
    I love Planescape Torment as well but nothing comes close to my love for BG2
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    Its like asking in the forum of Barcelona FC who is the best team in the world...
    Really, not a word about Temple of Elemental Evil?
  • DougPiranhaDougPiranha Member Posts: 50
    BG2 is the most complete RPG experience in the realm of video games, but I like a good story more than other aspects of the game, and PS:T outclasses BG in that area by huge margin. And not only BG, but probably every other game as well.
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    mch202 said:

Its like asking in the forum of Barcelona FC who is the best team in the world...

Real !
    @mch202, sorry to say I can't change the poll anymore, indeed, should've said "besides" BG, guess somebody will make a new one sooner or later to make it right.
  • FrozenDervishFrozenDervish Member Posts: 295
    NWN and NWN2.
  • Twilight_FoxTwilight_Fox Member Posts: 448
    Baldur's gate 1-2 are the greatest for me, but Iwd 1-2 are equals. So I vote for Iwd, Bg need no help in this survey for now. ^^
  • TheSkrinTheSkrin Member Posts: 11
    PS:T is a master storyteller.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Gotta go with the best.
  • NWN_babaYagaNWN_babaYaga Member Posts: 732
    edited July 2012
    I love the old classic hack&slash games also, not easy to choose a top one. But azure bonds and BG2 for the gameplay and story, NWN for modding 101%.
  • cyberarmycyberarmy Member Posts: 128
    edited July 2012
    Why cant we choose all...
  • TreyolenTreyolen Member Posts: 235
    I would of voted for Temple of Elemental Evil as a second favorite. I really enjoyed that game AFTER the community mods were applied. The story was only average, but I thought the engine was amazing. I would LOVE to see an Enhanced Edition treatment for that game if this concept goes over well.